Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2012, 09:04 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,724,589 times

Advertisements

Here's a contrarian question. How many sistahs have you messaged?

My response rate is always 200%

Black girls and I have amazing rapport and conversation chemistry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2012, 10:38 PM

527 posts, read 1,232,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post

200% response rate is not statistically possible

Old 01-17-2012, 10:43 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,724,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix_down View Post
200% response rate is not statistically possible
Yes it is. The same person messages me twice for one first message. That's a 200% return on investment

I read somewhere black women are the least approached. So the chicas get super excited.

Old 01-17-2012, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Yes it is. The same person messages me twice for one first message. That's a 200% return on investment

I read somewhere black women are the least approached. So the chicas get super excited.
The only time I message someone twice is because I've messaged so many people that I've forgotten who I have and haven't messaged already

Old 01-17-2012, 10:49 PM

105 posts, read 127,185 times
@ phoenix, what kind of woman are you looking for, describe her. According to your first post in this thread I am like a half white younger version of yourself on the west coast except not doing online dating currently. haha

Basically I want to hear what your desires/standards are and why

thanks!!

Old 01-17-2012, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenlawn1 View Post
@ phoenix, what kind of woman are you looking for, describe her. According to your first post in this thread I am like a half white younger version of yourself on the west coast except not doing online dating currently. haha

Basically I want to hear what your desires/standards are and why

thanks!!
Haha these things are the hardest! Well, let's see the things I'm looking for. Keep in mind these are just ideals, and are not set in stone:

- Physical attraction - can't work if I'm not attracted to her physically and vice versa.
- Intelligence - Have to be able to hold a good conversation with me.
- Sense of humor - Can appreciate my sense of humor and have one of her own.
- Honesty - pretty self explanatory. Trust builds on honesty.
- Common Interests - doesn't have to like everything I like, but you have got to have at least something in common.
- Similar outlook on life and the future
- Communicative - This is a big one for me. I like to have a clear line of communication. I want the girl to be able to express her thoughts and feelings openly, and I want to be able to do the same.
- Chemistry - this might be the most important thing. I've had girls that look great on paper, sounded good on the phone. Good looking, everything sounds fantastic, but upon meeting in person, there is just no spark. This is pretty much trial and error. You really have to spend some time in person to know.

I think that about covers most of the obvious ones

Old 01-17-2012, 11:15 PM

105 posts, read 127,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix_down View Post
Haha these things are the hardest! Well, let's see the things I'm looking for. Keep in mind these are just ideals, and are not set in stone:

- Physical attraction - can't work if I'm not attracted to her physically and vice versa.
- Intelligence - Have to be able to hold a good conversation with me.
- Sense of humor - Can appreciate my sense of humor and have one of her own.
- Honesty - pretty self explanatory. Trust builds on honesty.
- Common Interests - doesn't have to like everything I like, but you have got to have at least something in common.
- Similar outlook on life and the future
- Communicative - This is a big one for me. I like to have a clear line of communication. I want the girl to be able to express her thoughts and feelings openly, and I want to be able to do the same.
- Chemistry - this might be the most important thing. I've had girls that look great on paper, sounded good on the phone. Good looking, everything sounds fantastic, but upon meeting in person, there is just no spark. This is pretty much trial and error. You really have to spend some time in person to know.

I think that about covers most of the obvious ones
Talk about picky! jk
Have you heard the principle "like her and she will like you back?"
It is kind of like you starting the spark...even if she may not be great looking, if you believe it and make her feel wanted, she will become more and more attracted to you. In turn because of all that positive attention you're getting from her, here so-so appearance and lack of humor become less important. I plan on testing this out.

As for places I feel the professional associations are the way to go. Austin accountants organization, Actuaries of Austin, Dentist's association etc. Break in those social circles and take and date from there.

what say you? older bro haha

Old 01-17-2012, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenlawn1 View Post
Talk about picky! jk
Have you heard the principle "like her and she will like you back?"
It is kind of like you starting the spark...even if she may not be great looking, if you believe it and make her feel wanted, she will become more and more attracted to you. In turn because of all that positive attention you're getting from her, here so-so appearance and lack of humor become less important. I plan on testing this out.

As for places I feel the professional associations are the way to go. Austin accountants organization, Actuaries of Austin, Dentist's association etc. Break in those social circles and take and date from there.

what say you? older bro haha
Well, I look forward to hearing your experiment results As for the professional orgs, you generally have to be a member of that profession to be in it

Old 01-17-2012, 11:26 PM

1,302 posts, read 2,949,264 times
Quote:

actually, my response rate with Black women is probably only around 10%. I went on a first date with one, but there were like nine others who didn't even respond to my initial email.

Old 01-17-2012, 11:37 PM

1,868 posts, read 3,068,800 times
I had a plentyoffish account for a while and I guess technically I still do but I found my S.O. offline so I stopped checking it. My results varied. It seemed like when I first signed up I was getting a lot more activity because I was the new guy but after a while, it turned into a ghost town. I'm sure since I never check it anymore it's even more dead.

Anyway I've always had waaay more luck with dating in person than online. I've only been on one date with a girl that I met online and she failed to mention to me in any of her many messages that she was moving across the country in a few weeks (she brought that up at the date). That's just the way it is for us guys doing the online dating thing. We have to send out a $hit ton of messges before we get a response. Women have the upper hand online due to their sheer numbers. I would just keep at it and definitely pursue women offline as much as you can as well.

Im giving reps to the OP because I'm a Final Fantasy fan and his screen name is awesome BTW!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships