Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2012, 02:14 PM
qwy qwy started this thread

296 posts, read 520,680 times

Advertisements

I ran into this question on yahoo answers: I am scared of dating a black guy? - Yahoo! Answers

Now I'm wondering how common is this? I have no problem with a woman rejecting me because she isn't attracted to me, but for a woman to be attracted to me but not date me because she is ashamed to be seen with me...

I plan on moving to Nyc and was looking forward to dating (though I've never dated outside my race, I'm not against it), but now this has me a little shaken, about approaching a woman outside of my race.

I especailly hear that Asian, Indians, and Latina's aren't into dating blacks. More so asian and indians. I was just curious since this is a anonymous forum, you can say how you truely feel and no one will ever know.

PS. I've also heard that Nyc isn't as intergrated as many people think... again I don't know
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2012, 02:18 PM

708 posts, read 1,206,280 times
I cant speak to NYC being integrated, as I am not a local....BUT, I can say that any woman that likes a dude, but doesnt date him because she is scared of what her FRIENDS think is not a woman that you would want to date.

Check back on her in 20 years, when she is all siliconed up, and mutilating her because of some off comment from a jealous coworker.

No thank you!

Dont let people like that shape your experiences.....

Old 01-13-2012, 02:24 PM

15,590 posts, read 15,690,850 times
Surely it should not be a surprise to you that many people hesitate dating someone outside their own racial/ethnic/religious category? I can't believe that you're posting this as though the thought never crossed your mind, that you'd never heard of any such thing.

Old 01-13-2012, 02:26 PM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,568,656 times
plenty of interracial couples here - don't sweat it.
If someone doesn't want to date you just based on your apparent race - well you wouldn't want to date that person anyway, so its a self-solving problem.

Old 01-13-2012, 02:39 PM

8,743 posts, read 18,384,015 times
Not sure how old this commenter is...but to be shaken as if this is the first time he has ever heard of this? Really? I heard that there are things that fly in the air called "airplanes" and transport people from one destination to the other...I find the idea disturbing!

Old 01-13-2012, 03:04 PM

573 posts, read 1,463,137 times
"interracial" whatever, basically if you love somebody, skin color shouldn't even be an issue, either you racist, either you not, you like the person for what she is, not for his melanin rate. Understand I grew up with all type of people with all type of backgrounds, no matter what part of the world you are from, we all live right next to each other, most of the dudes I grew up with live with girls outside of their ethnic group: 2 of my best friends from my project, one haitian and one sri lankan, live with a chinese and a latina, another friend of mine who is brazilian/portuguese/italian mixed with a little bit of french (!) has lived with a bangladeshi for 10 years, my wife is a congolese woman from brazza, so basically I find all that chit chat about being scared of dating a girl "who is not from your racial group" a bit comical, I guess that is part of the american culture...

Old 01-13-2012, 03:11 PM

4,840 posts, read 9,920,945 times
Most white females in NYC date hispanic males, and I also often see white males with asian females.

Old 01-13-2012, 03:24 PM

142 posts, read 259,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomDan515 View Post
Most white females in NYC date hispanic males,
Surely, that's not EXACTLY what you meant to say lol

Old 01-13-2012, 03:50 PM

5,724 posts, read 7,488,475 times
I am not surprised. They understand why black women are described as "strong black women". Have you ever heard the term "strong white or asian woman"? Why is that? White, Asian and Latino men tend to get married and support their children. Despite the strides women have made in the workforce, women are still women; security and reliability are important.

Old 01-13-2012, 03:51 PM

5,452 posts, read 11,256,171 times
My father is black and my mother (RIP) was white. I prefer black and hispanic chicks there's also a high abundance of them in my area. But anything goes as long as I find them attractive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships