Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2012, 03:58 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,118,729 times

Advertisements

I always hear guys say they don't want a woman who has been with alot of men. Well, we know many women are not going to be honest especially if they have a high number of sexual partners; so are there signs a guy can pick up on to know if a woman has a promiscuous past?

Old 01-25-2012, 04:06 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,558,546 times
It depends on her life really, I dated an "Army brat" who in the beginning told me she had the same number of partners as I. Well as things progressed I discovered she has waaaaay more partners than I did.

Now to my point; if she stills lives in the same town where she grew up and knows an awful, awful bunch of guys that might be a hint, otherwise it will be difficult to tell.

With that being said I really don't care to know, after breaking up with the mentioned GF I started dating my wife a couple of years later. I don't know who she's been with, how many, and really don't care.

Old 01-25-2012, 04:12 PM

89 posts, read 138,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
It depends on her life really, I dated an "Army brat" who in the beginning told me she had the same number of partners as I. Well as things progressed I discovered she has waaaaay more partners than I did.

Now to my point; if she stills lives in the same town where she grew up and knows an awful, awful bunch of guys that might be a hint, otherwise it will be difficult to tell.

With that being said I really don't care to know, after breaking up with the mentioned GF I started dating my wife a couple of years later. I don't know who she's been with, how many, and really don't care.
I certainly wouldn't want a bf or husband with a promiscuous past, so I care very much about my partner's 'history.' Also, the past often sheds light on what to expect in the future, with regards to monogamy.

Old 01-25-2012, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post

So, why is it that you never asked your wife how many men she's been with? Is it because the number may surprise you?

Old 01-25-2012, 04:44 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,947,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
I always hear guys say they don't want a woman who has been with alot of men. Well, we know many women are not going to be honest especially if they have a high number of sexual partners; so are there signs a guy can pick up on to know if a woman has a promiscuous past?
There is no real way to know or tell for sure unless she tells you herself. But a good indicator is her behavior/personality. How a person acts and what they do, will almost always give you clues to their past. If she's go the "Mark of the hoar(sp)" tatoo on her lower back, then she's probably been around the block a few times. That is just a physical clue/hint which is easy to spot, but its how the are as a person that will let you know.

Old 01-25-2012, 04:49 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,142,696 times
There is no way to know. Unless you know people from her past or she burns you with a STD. It's pretty much all guess work.

Old 01-25-2012, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
There is no real way to know or tell for sure unless she tells you herself. But a good indicator is her behavior/personality. How a person acts and what they do, will almost always give you clues to their past. If she's go the "Mark of the hoar(sp)" tatoo on her lower back, then she's probably been around the block a few times. That is just a physical clue/hint which is easy to spot, but its how the are as a person that will let you know.
Wait...lower back tattoos mean a woman is promiscous?

Old 01-25-2012, 04:51 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,716,485 times
If the number of guys I have been with is a major issue for someone I am dating, I can assure you that he will NEVER know the truth.

It stinks of possessiveness--over someone's past. Ridiculous, My experiences in life have made me the person you see before you, and if that is not good enough, feel free to move on along.

Old 01-25-2012, 04:53 PM

2,427 posts, read 3,564,252 times
For years it's been acceptable for men to have sowed their wild oats, why should it be any different for women? And in this day and age, I swear the guys and girls have relations with different partners like playing a game of musical chairs without thinking twice about it.

Old 01-25-2012, 04:55 PM

22,319 posts, read 29,407,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post

Watch yourself on the lower back tattoo "branding" your speaking of. I have one and it's because it has personal meaning and I didn't want it anywhere visible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships