Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 07:15 AM

9,000 posts, read 10,182,160 times

Advertisements

Has anyone here dealt with people who have been Hell-bent on sabotaging you? Maybe a friend who is secretly jealous; or a family member that does not want to see you be successful...... How about stories of being stabbed in the back?

If so, share the stories, along with how you handled it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2012, 08:03 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,009,486 times
I have a roommate who, for some reason, tries to sabotage my diet. I ask him not to bring me sweets because they're my weakness and what does he do? Yeah. I just put them in his car to take to work with him or give them to relatives who live a block away. I guess it tests my strength, makes me stronger.

Old 02-02-2012, 08:26 AM

202 posts, read 473,027 times
I had a "friend" a while back that keep doing things hurt myself and my wife. He and his wife lived halfway accross the country from us so we did not see him much but he moved close to us and things went downhill fast. It took us a while but we finally realized that he was doing bad things on purpose. More and more the truth started to come out about him. I went to the bookstore to see if I could find any books that talked about what he was doing. I found "Walking On Eggshells" by Paul T. Mason & Randy Kreger and Ibeliev that my friend has borderline personality disorder.

Old 02-02-2012, 08:51 AM

4,868 posts, read 8,412,187 times
yes and her and I are not friends anymore.

I was a bridesmaid in her wedding and she would always joke that I was going to upstage her at her wedding. I really thought she was kidding. well on her wedding day, I was the only one not allowed to get my hair done by the stylist. she claimed it was because we didn't have enough time even though I arrived at the house an hour earlier than asked. the other girl that didn't get her hair done just didn't want her hair done. Anyways, that wasn't a betrayal..just something that I remember raising a red flag to me. She even had the nerve to set me up with a guy that day that looked like my ex when he was skinny...same height, same skin color, everything. I was trying to get over him at the time so that set up was pretty effed up..she knew exactly what she was doing with that one too.

Last year, I was having some problems with another friend of mine that she knew through me. I dance with that girl and so since we had a show coming up, I was at practice almost every day with her. well one weekend when I was out of town with a friend, the weekend before our show, she managed to convince all of our mutual friends to drop me because I was hanging out with the girl I dance with so much. Basically, she was jealous that I had other friends besides her.

The last straw was when I found out from one of our mutual friends who already had a falling out, that she was talking ish about me behind my back to a guy that told her he liked me. I guess that guy had approached her, asking about me and all she would say was how there was no point in him pursuing me because I had high demands and he must be rich, hot and have a nice car, and that he better be prepared to do everything for me while I dont do a thing, which is so far from the truth, its not even funny..she saw how unattractive my ex was...seriously. The only reason that guy would have been wasting his time was because I was't interested, not because of those other things, but she didn't know if I liked him or not. can you imagine if I was though???..I would have b**ch slapped her hard! I couldn't understand why she was jealous of me getting any attention from men when she was married! so I just dropped her. that was enough.

At that point, it dawned on me that this girl was so jealous of me, she didnt want to me to do well in any area of my life and she did anything she could to sabotage my relationships and if she could have ruined me in school/work, she would have tried! In fact, she did try to ruin me in school. I told her I had a quiz to study for and she actually showed up at school to "vent" about all the drama in her life. She saw me looking through my book and half listening to her and she still didn't take the hint and that was just one time she did that..there were other occasions. Also, she would show up at my work, just to "hang out" while she waited for her husband and chat away while I was dealing with customers and would stick around for at least 2 hours! Lucky for her and me, my manager was really nice about it. man..I'm SO glad she's out of my life!

Old 02-02-2012, 08:56 AM

1,883 posts, read 2,522,111 times
Never happened to me, at least I don't think anyone was trying to personally ruin my life (Isn't like I needed their help to do it anyway) But there was a lady I knew at my first job when I moved to this state, that was ruthless about ruining her female friends relationships. She was the typical misery loves company. She was single and miserable and EVERYONE was going to be miserable and single. She would try to sleep with her friends S/O, tell her friends to get out of the relationship, send emails to her friends claiming to be messing around with her man (when she wasn't) It was awful, I just couldn't believe a grown a** woman was acting this way!! When I left I heard her friends finally abandonded her, and I don't know what happened to her, but man she was one crazy mofo.

Old 02-02-2012, 09:12 AM

202 posts, read 473,027 times
One more. I forgot about my sister. My sister was a little hard to get along with but lived far away so it was not a real problem. Then my mother had a stroke and my sister moved it with my Mom to help her (I thought). Next thing I knew my sister filled out many credit card apps. in my Mom's name and spent the money. She did a lot of bad things to hurt my family and my Mom.

The other sobtage part was that my sister told most of my other releatives that I was the bad guy and those relatives now will hardly speak to me. My sister made up all kinds of things that she said I had done. None of the relatives ever asked me to tell my side of the story. They just believed my sister.

Old 02-02-2012, 09:15 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,939,884 times
The entire world is out to get me

Old 02-02-2012, 09:49 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,009,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
The entire world is out to get me
I hate it when that happens.

Old 02-02-2012, 10:18 AM

1,429 posts, read 2,298,281 times
My Husband took one particular girl on for training. She was of the opinion that she was the right woman for my Husband and that she was going to try and get rid of me. Once day she was stupid enough to directly say as much to me. Little did she know that my Husband has cameras and audio equipment set up all over the house and I had Him watch her as she proceeded to verbally assault me and threaten to harm me if I didn't leave my Husband. Not only did He dump her immediatly from His training but upon comming into contact with her subsequent masters He plays the video for them as well to demonstrate her true character to them. Word got around and now she has a very difficult time trying to find anyone in the community who is willing to give her the time of day. Serves her right too.

Old 02-02-2012, 10:23 AM

2,953 posts, read 5,121,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
yes and her and I are not friends anymore.

I was a bridesmaid in her wedding and she would always joke that I was going to upstage her at her wedding. I really thought she was kidding. well on her wedding day, I was the only one not allowed to get my hair done by the stylist. she claimed it was because we didn't have enough time even though I arrived at the house an hour earlier than asked. the other girl that didn't get her hair done just didn't want her hair done. Anyways, that wasn't a betrayal..just something that I remember raising a red flag to me. She even had the nerve to set me up with a guy that day that looked like my ex when he was skinny...same height, same skin color, everything. I was trying to get over him at the time so that set up was pretty effed up..she knew exactly what she was doing with that one too.

Last year, I was having some problems with another friend of mine that she knew through me. I dance with that girl and so since we had a show coming up, I was at practice almost every day with her. well one weekend when I was out of town with a friend, the weekend before our show, she managed to convince all of our mutual friends to drop me because I was hanging out with the girl I dance with so much. Basically, she was jealous that I had other friends besides her.

The last straw was when I found out from one of our mutual friends who already had a falling out, that she was talking ish about me behind my back to a guy that told her he liked me. I guess that guy had approached her, asking about me and all she would say was how there was no point in him pursuing me because I had high demands and he must be rich, hot and have a nice car, and that he better be prepared to do everything for me while I dont do a thing, which is so far from the truth, its not even funny..she saw how unattractive my ex was...seriously. The only reason that guy would have been wasting his time was because I was't interested, not because of those other things, but she didn't know if I liked him or not. can you imagine if I was though???..I would have b**ch slapped her hard! I couldn't understand why she was jealous of me getting any attention from men when she was married! so I just dropped her. that was enough.

At that point, it dawned on me that this girl was so jealous of me, she didnt want to me to do well in any area of my life and she did anything she could to sabotage my relationships and if she could have ruined me in school/work, she would have tried! In fact, she did try to ruin me in school. I told her I had a quiz to study for and she actually showed up at school to "vent" about all the drama in her life. She saw me looking through my book and half listening to her and she still didn't take the hint and that was just one time she did that..there were other occasions. Also, she would show up at my work, just to "hang out" while she waited for her husband and chat away while I was dealing with customers and would stick around for at least 2 hours! Lucky for her and me, my manager was really nice about it. man..I'm SO glad she's out of my life!

so sorry this happened to you. jealousy is a very dangerous emotion, sometimes it can turn violent. It's best to get rid of ppl like that in your life for good
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships