Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Women: What if a man wanted to test all of his children at birth for paternity as a general policy?
Yes 16 36.36%
No 23 52.27%
Other (explain) 5 11.36%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 10:42 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,572,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by noela View Post
Yes, I feel so threatened by your power
Um ok

Old 02-09-2012, 10:43 PM

307 posts, read 631,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieZ View Post
I bet loads of people would be in shock if paternity tests were done on babies...all those holier than thou women would not be messing around a second time and letting their SO or husband raise a kid that's not his biologically...
From what I read, about 2% of the tests show the man is not the father when there is no reason to question his paternity. That is the main reason that I support testing, although the men in this thread are doing their best to change my mind.

Old 02-09-2012, 10:43 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,201,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieZ View Post
there are plenty of women who cheat and have kids by other men...I would not be offended by a guy wanting a paternity test done, if you don't cheat, you don't have to worry about the outcome...
I can't imagine how icky it must be to be in that kind of relationship.

Old 02-09-2012, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I'm not saying you own anyone. What I am saying is that the OP's position does not have a place in every marriage/relationship. Does it for some? Sure. I think the more important issue is that it has a place in his, and perhaps your, marriage/relationship. It's more than just wanting a test (be paternity, regular STD testing in case of cheating, whatever) as has been pointed out by several people. It speaks to the quality of your relationships and by extension the quality of the life you're living. You guys live without trusting the closest person to you, your intimate partner. That deviates greatly from what many of us experience, although I know you're not alone in your views and experiences.
But see Braunwyn here is the thing, you keep saying quality, and quality is subjective. I believe in peoples freedoms, I believe a WOMAN should do what she wants, even if that means sleeping with other men. I have no issue with that. I dont support telling women how to live or what choices to make. So quality is subjective Braunwyn.You have to agree that quality is subjective right? Thanks for not attacking me by the way. I want a test simply for me. Its for me, not for her, not against her, It is entirely for me. If my girlfriend contest and wants to leave, she is free to go and Ill will start over. I will not ask her permission after birth or say this is how I feel prior to sex. Its my busy. Thats all I am saying.

Old 02-09-2012, 10:52 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,292,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
Trust me, call them out on one or two of the things women do, you are a certified woman hater according to the women on this forum.
Isn't that exactly what you do with women?
Women are all bad, all marriages suck, etc etc etc.
Read your own posts, I don't believe we're saying ALL of anything.
You've very clearly stating: call them out on one or two of the things women do...
My question is who do? All women, most women? All women you know and that's why you have such a negative posting history about women? I'm not sure, but it's unattractive and certainly doesn't draw warm relationships to you.

When you feel so negatively charged against women, we can feel it, it colors your entire being.
Ever think that might be part of your problem in the dating world?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
To fudge the numbers. Not like I was doing accounting for a govt contract.
So you claim to be dishonest, as you accuse all women of being.
Do you not see the irony of your statements?
When you are dishonest, and you admit that you are, it talks of your character as a person.
Character is important; probably the most important thing when looking for spousal material.

It seems, from your responses, that you don't trust women because you're not trustworthy.
How will this attitude benefit you in your young life?
Do you not see how this will get in your way and cause you problems for the next many decades?

Last edited by chielgirl; 02-09-2012 at 11:15 PM..

Old 02-09-2012, 10:53 PM

143 posts, read 540,784 times
I would go along the paternity test if it was that important to him. But I would never look at him the same way again.

Old 02-09-2012, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I'm trying to figure out how you guys developed this general distrust of people. Some people have it, others don't. There's a reason for that. I'm just not sure what it is. I guess it's back to pick up culture. Oh, and that's not circular. I'm not sure why you chose that word.
Life. Cockold is worse than rape.

Old 02-09-2012, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Oh yeah, it's clear to all here I'm the one with the problem
Well you obviously have a problem with my take and again that is your problem. I think you are a control freak. You want control over a man testing or not. That is my take on the things you have said here. See ya later.

Old 02-09-2012, 10:57 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,858,437 times
Quote:
It's not about ego, it's about avoiding any possibility of devastating pain. Men who hear stories of guys being tricked for all of these years relate to the devastation and wasted emotions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
But do you not see that this could create "devastating pain" on the part of the woman who's done nothing wrong, who has always been faithful, and is faced with a partner who is implying that she is promiscuous and untrustworthy?
This is why it should be mandatory for all. For once, something will be done to protect the rights of children and men. As it currently stands, the divorce industry is completely devoted to women.

It's about time that biological fathers were the ones paying child support and that all kids know their biological heritage. There are medical reasons for this now and they will likely increase a lot in the years ahead.

Last edited by NotARedneck; 02-09-2012 at 11:30 PM..

Old 02-09-2012, 10:58 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,756,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
Well you obviously have a problem with my take and again that is your problem. I think you are a control freak. You want control over a man testing or not. That is my take on the things you have said here. See ya later.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Really, that's funny

For your sake, I hope you are able to learn to trust one day
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships