Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Women: What if a man wanted to test all of his children at birth for paternity as a general policy?
Yes 16 36.36%
No 23 52.27%
Other (explain) 5 11.36%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 11:00 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,578,306 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Really, that's funny

For your sake, I hope you are able to learn to trust one day
lady grow up

Old 02-09-2012, 11:00 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,862,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieZ
there are plenty of women who cheat and have kids by other men...I would not be offended by a guy wanting a paternity test done, if you don't cheat, you don't have to worry about the outcome...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I can't imagine how icky it must be to be in that kind of relationship.
Icky? For once, imagine how much worse that men feel and they are then stuck for 20 or more years supporting the kid of someone else!

Old 02-09-2012, 11:03 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,310,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tablemtn View Post
In most cases, it's probably best for the man not to mention that he is getting a DNA/paternity test done. If the results come back positive, then the man is reassured, and the woman does not feel "doubted."

If the results are negative, then by implication, the woman cheated, and the mistrust was entirely justified.

Considering how simple it is to collect a hair sample for a test and send it off, and how much test prices have fallen over the years, it's something that all new fathers or fathers-to-be should be aware of, whether or not they choose to go that route.
That's it's own type of distrust, just sneaky and underhanded, but distrust nonetheless.

Do people really feel that all women cheat?
If so, don't have sex if you don't trust them or have a vasectomy and you'll be sure that the kid is not yours.
I wouldn't touch any of these men with your 10 foot pole.

Old 02-09-2012, 11:03 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,215,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
But see Braunwyn here is the thing, you keep saying quality, and quality is subjective. I believe in peoples freedoms, I believe a WOMAN should do what she wants, even if that means sleeping with other men. I have no issue with that. I dont support telling women how to live or what choices to make. So quality is subjective Braunwyn. You have to agree that quality is subjective right?
But, none of that is about marriage/relationships tho. It's behavior for singles. Yes, I think quality can be deemed subjective under many circumstances. It's definitely comparative in this case. I assess my marriage to be of superior quality compared to a relationship riddled with mis-trust.

Quote:
Thanks for not attacking me by the way. I want a test simply for me. Its for me, not for her, not against her, It is entirely for me. If my girlfriend contest and wants to leave, she is free to go and Ill will start over. I will not ask her permission after birth or say this is how I feel prior to sex. Its my busy. Thats all I am saying.
No problem. You want the test because you do not trust her. That really can't be denied. Only you know why you don't trust her or any woman. Maybe you don't trust men either. I'm trying to figure why, but who knows.

Old 02-09-2012, 11:06 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,806,572 times
Quote:
I'm trying to figure out how you guys developed this general distrust of people. Some people have it, others don't. There's a reason for that. I'm just not sure what it is. I guess it's back to pick up culture. Oh, and that's not circular. I'm not sure why you chose that word.
So many cultural things have impacted the under 25 age group at this point.

Many of them are growing up without positive male role models for one thing.

I think too, prior to the internet, young men with the kinds of opinions our OP and others here are sharing, there was no forum for all this young male gibberish.

They would have just spouted off about it with their buds over a 12 pack, felt better to have all those guys going "yeah, yeah!" to everything they said and that would have been the end of it. The rest of the world would have been spared their diatribe's and the guys would have eventually grown up enough to have more well rounded view of the world and the women in it

Gee, now I kinda miss the pre-internet days of my youth!

Old 02-09-2012, 11:06 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,310,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
So you are suggesting that he sneak behind her back?

Basically you are advocating being a lying snake, which is exactly what you are accusing her of.

That's a trusting, faithful marriage. Nothing broken there!

If you can't confront your wife with a discussion on the fact that you need to prove paternity, you are just a complete coward and a weasel.
Do we see a rise in the divorce rate once these guys let go with their fear based agenda?
If it were me who gave birth and found a paternity test demanded, I would provide it.
Then I would take the child, leave and file for divorce.
No questions asked, actually too many were.

Old 02-09-2012, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
Icky? For once, imagine how much worse that men feel and they are then stuck for 20 or more years supporting the kid of someone else!
I can't imagine that either, although I have been cheated on. And my ex could have given me an STD (the woman he cheated with ended up with herpes. That was scary). Now, I never trusted him again, but I didn't hold my husband responsible for that man's choices. I fully trust my husband regardless of past experiences. It curious, and once again sad, that some are incapable of that.

Old 02-09-2012, 11:10 PM

Quote:
But, none of that is about marriage/relationships tho. It's behavior for singles. Yes, I think quality can be deemed subjective under many circumstances. It's definitely comparative in this case. I assess my marriage to be of superior quality compared to a relationship riddled with mis-trust.

No problem. You want the test because you do not trust her. That really can't be denied. Only you know why you don't trust her or any woman. Maybe you don't trust men either. I'm trying to figure why, but who knows.
I disagree. My girl can do what she wants. If a child comes I will have a dna test for me and my reputation. Has nothing to do with her or any female I date. Its about me.

Old 02-09-2012, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
So many cultural things have impacted the under 25 age group at this point.

Many of them are growing up without positive male role models for one thing.

I think too, prior to the internet, young men with the kinds of opinions our OP and others here are sharing, there was no forum for all this young male gibberish.

They would have just spouted off about it with their buds over a 12 pack, felt better to have all those guys going "yeah, yeah!" to everything they said and that would have been the end of it. The rest of the world would have been spared their diatribe's and the guys would have eventually grown up enough to have more well rounded view of the world and the women in it

Gee, now I kinda miss the pre-internet days of my youth!
Ah, I'm grateful that I came of age pre-net. I think I might have wasted time online and that's a sin in a 20 year old's body!

Old 02-09-2012, 11:16 PM

Control freaks and their agendas....if you leave your man...
1. The world will not end
2. His world will not end
3. If the child is his you only damage the child with your femy ego
4. Think Big..no small
5. The same positive things you saw in your ex another woman will see.
6. Why cant a private matter stay private?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships