Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 07:39 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,165,927 times

Advertisements

Here's what you do.

1) Get a date with a woman.
2) Make a sex tape.
3) At the end of the sex tape, put the caption: "There. Are you happy? I'm not gay."
4) Make several copies.
5) Mail to anyone who asks.

That oughta nip that discussion in the bud.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2012, 10:38 AM

9,726 posts, read 16,744,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sman View Post
I don't get what's so funny about that. The question the father's asking seems perfectly valid. I'd be concerned as well if I thought one of my children were a homo.
Well if you ever have a kid let's hope he doesn't have the misfortune of being gay.

Old 02-27-2012, 11:15 AM

244 posts, read 707,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sman View Post
I don't get what's so funny about that. The question the father's asking seems perfectly valid. I'd be concerned as well if I thought one of my children were a homo.
I don't see why you should be concerned if your child told you he was homosexual, the most important thing to realize is showing you care for him regardless of his/her lifestyle.

Old 02-27-2012, 12:29 PM

7,372 posts, read 14,681,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhead360 View Post
So for the past several months (since I turned 21), my family and friends have been asking me about my dating life, who I see and if I started seeing women since I moved out of my parents house. Every time they ask me, I just tell them, "No I don't have time to date right now" or "I'm not really interested in that right now". The first time some one asked me if I was gay was when my friend and I went out for dinner after our Health Education class, and he asked me straight up if I was gay because I never really talk to many girls (aside from two close friends of mine). I told him I just have other priorities than relationships right now.

I thought the conversation was done, until one day my mother and I were talking on the phone ( she calls me almost everyday since I moved out) if I was seeing someone. She then asked me I was dating a guy or was gay, at this point I told her I wasn't seeing anyone and I didn't want to until I was financially stable and I had interest in dating again.

The thing is, I'm getting started into a career (wish to become an EMT and hopefully a future Paramedic, something I want to do) , and I really want to become more independent rather than looking for women right now. I'm really short, plus I have a really quirky personality (I'm reserved but I tend to open to people once I start trusting them). I also tend to keep a close circle of friends ( two friends and I rented an apartment close to our college, so it's easier to get back and forth from school).

Sorry if the post is too long, it's just that it kind of caught me off guard, has anyone ever had to deal with the same thing? Or is it just my family and friends looking out for my best interests? I really do love them, but in terms of giving my heart out to someone or even dating is not even something I really wish to deal with right now.
so you're gay right?

Old 02-27-2012, 12:32 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
Quote:
So for the past several months (since I turned 21), my family and friends have been asking me about my dating life, who I see and if I started seeing women since I moved out of my parents house. Every time they ask me, I just tell them, "No I don't have time to date right now" or "I'm not really interested in that right now". The first time some one asked me if I was gay was when my friend and I went out for dinner after our Health Education class, and he asked me straight up if I was gay because I never really talk to many girls (aside from two close friends of mine). I told him I just have other priorities than relationships right now.

I thought the conversation was done, until one day my mother and I were talking on the phone ( she calls me almost everyday since I moved out) if I was seeing someone. She then asked me I was dating a guy or was gay, at this point I told her I wasn't seeing anyone and I didn't want to until I was financially stable and I had interest in dating again.

The thing is, I'm getting started into a career (wish to become an EMT and hopefully a future Paramedic, something I want to do) , and I really want to become more independent rather than looking for women right now. I'm really short, plus I have a really quirky personality (I'm reserved but I tend to open to people once I start trusting them). I also tend to keep a close circle of friends ( two friends and I rented an apartment close to our college, so it's easier to get back and forth from school).

Sorry if the post is too long, it's just that it kind of caught me off guard, has anyone ever had to deal with the same thing? Or is it just my family and friends looking out for my best interests? I really do love them, but in terms of giving my heart out to someone or even dating is not even something I really wish to deal with right now.
Live your life the way you want and don't bother with the rest of it. Not everyone who focuses on career before relationships is gay. Their priorities are just different than what others think they should be. As far as them asking about your relationships and dating either answer them or tell them the topic is NOT open for discussion now or in the future because you are focused on YOUR CAREER and YOUR LIFE.

Old 02-27-2012, 02:48 PM

1,866 posts, read 2,850,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bicoastal10 View Post
OP, are you sure you're not gay? Just wondering because I could be working 100 hour weeks trying to pay off $200k in student loan and credit card debt while having all of $500 in the bank and I'd still do whatever I could to make time for chicks (or at least try to get some type of friends with benefits situation going). You don't have to seriously date anyone, but if you're truly straight, you should at least have a desire to find a few women to hook up with on a fairly regular basis.

That said, focusing on getting your career and financial situation together isn't really a legitimate excuse as nothing can keep truly straight men away from women. You may want to do some serious soul searching and figure out why you're being this way.

You sound just as nosy as the OP's family and friends. Does he really need to do all those things before you'll believe him? Being single does not automatically equal being gay. If he had originally said he was gay, would you believe him, even though he is single? Or would he need to suddenly become active in order to prove it?

He seems to like being single. Nothing wrong with that.

Old 02-27-2012, 03:16 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
Quote:
I don't see why you should be concerned if your child told you he was homosexual, the most important thing to realize is showing you care for him regardless of his/her lifestyle.
You are so right! And I'm glad that you seem to realize that your friends and family are just trying to show you that they love you no matter what.

The thing is - people that love you just want you to be happy. For many people - having a partner in life is what makes them happy. I'm not saying that you can't be happy with out one or that everyone has to have one - but that is what most people strive for. So - when people see someone they love with out a partner and with no apparent interest in finding one - they look for reasons why. And sometimes, the reason is that they are looking for love but they don't feel comfortable letting people know because they are gay and aren't ready to come out or are ashamed. So - your loved ones want to let you know that if this is the reason - that you can trust them. Honestly, there isn't much you can do in this case but just tell them that you are happy how things are and you are focusing on achieving other goals right now.

Old 02-28-2012, 05:13 AM

3,052 posts, read 4,306,249 times
Quote:
It's funny because my friend said the same exact same thing, truth be told, I'm not particularly comfortable with just having one night stands with women and to be honest, I don't see myself as that type of "attractive guy". I'm normally well reserved, people call me "cute" but as far as certain boundaries go I have certain standards. Haha
The only reason why anyone has a question is because you've given us so many divergent reasons. It just makes people curious.

1. You're busy.

2. You make other things a priority (without an explanation that's a non-reason).

3. You're shy.

4. You don't see yourself as attractive.

5. Your standards are too high to engage in something casual.

Like I said, it's YOUR business and you don't owe anyone an explanation...but you should be able to see why people would be scratching their noggins.

Old 02-28-2012, 05:52 AM

1,331 posts, read 2,335,485 times
Quote:

. I am 21 years old and have never had a serious girlfriend because I'm in no hurry to date right now. So I just continue going to college. My aunt and cousin had been talking about me being gay because I am always single and I am interested in more feminine things sometimes. Honestly let them think what they want . You know you're straight.

Old 02-28-2012, 06:17 AM

1,331 posts, read 2,335,485 times
I've actually been called derogatory gay names a few times. I live in an area that has many conservative Christians and I guess I don't fit the "manly man" stereotype. I like to be well dressed and clean and am also a nice guy. I guess to the ignorant I come off gay.I don't get the gay stuff all the time but every now and then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships