Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2016, 09:39 AM

192 posts, read 109,874 times

Advertisements

I feel terrible now. I am such an evil person.
So my bf and I have been together for over 5 years. most of the time we are in long distance relationship and the only thing we have to contact with each other is skype. Now he has been an expat in Asia for two months and I know he's been busy but also enjoy the new life and experience there. He is very popular among girls there since he's a foreigner and tall and handsome (from their point of view, according to my Asian friends).

Several days ago he felt uncomfortable and his colleague took him to the hospital. A nurse wanted to PRACTICE ENGLISH with my bf and they talked a little bit. Then she helped him to get the priority to see the doctor. After that, of course, she asked the contact info of him. The second day my bf told me about this and I felt it was alright. I know those girls want not only just practice ENGLISH with him but it's not the first time and I believe he wouldn't do something bad. The second day I asked about their chat content and he showed me his mobile on the skype screen (he didn't use skype to contact with her, he used another app). They talked A LOT and that girl even invited him to their home and said her sister would cook something delicious for him (like I would buy it)and something like that...of course I was very unhappy at that time. I told him he should mention that he has a GIRLFRIEND (actually, a fiancee) and he did it...he wrote what I told him. Two days later, she contacted him again. I really want my boyfriend to block her on that stupid chat app.

So that's why I started feeling insecure.

Today we had a small talk and he told me that he has a meeting with another colleague at 19:30 p.m. and I was like "what? a business meeting on Saturday night"? but I still told him that alright we could talk later. After an hour, I couldn't help but want to see whether it's true. THEN I HACKED INTO HIS SKYPE ACCOUNT (we both have each other's password but we seldom use it) and I saw all the conversations.

First thing is, he didn't lie to me. He's right. He does have a business meeting.

Second, a female friend of his(I know her too, we met several times), who hasn't contacted him for ages, sent him a link for two times a week ago. I always disliked the girl because she always tried to flirt with my bf whenever we met (she has a bf too, and four of us would meet together with others friends). She always ignored me when my bf was busy with talking with others. When my bf's attention was back on me, she would pretend that we were best friends...she would hug me, told me how beautiful I was and told my boyfriend that she really LIKES me. After my bf turned away, she immediately pushed me away, too. She is very pretty herself with very good body shape. She would find any chance to hug my bf and it was like almost throw herself onto him in front of her own bf, and told him how smart and nice he was. She was a little bit younger than us so men all thought that she was just acting like a cute CHILD (for heaven's sake, she, always with too much makeup and low-cut dress to show her boobs, actually looked way more mature than me, who seldom does the makeup, always wears jeans and T-shirt and is too skinny all the time) .... anyway, I was always like a decoration on the wall to her while she tried her best to flirt with him.

So back to the skype conversation....I checked the link and it was something about Stephen Hawking, but the page also includes the name of my bf (why?? wtf) and I knew she just wanted to get his attention. Fortunately, he did not respond her but I still felt bad. At that moment, I was really, really irrational. I thought about that Asian nurse who keeps texting my bf and some unpleasant memories with that female friend I just mentioned, and I got very upset.

And then, I blocked and deleted her account.

I regretted it immediately and tried to google the way to solve what I had done. But of course...there was no way to bring back her account without sending another friend invitation again on Skype. I do not know what to do now. I am afraid that my bf would find out soon and he would be mad....after all, it is his account! I invaded his privacy and I feel so, sorry for it! I know I am an idiot...I did something terrible and I don't know whether should I tell him.

I might have written too much nonsense. I apologize for it and hope some people could give me advice...Thank you very much.

PS: I also apologize if I made mistakes on grammar, spelling, etc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2016, 10:11 AM
qwy

296 posts, read 520,149 times
What Asian country?

Because if it is not a third world country than she is probably really just using him to practice her English. I am in college and their are a lot of Asian exchange students on campus, many have approached me in class or started conversations with me while waiting in line and though I wish they only did this because they thought I was hot , the truth is that many do not talk to a lot of Americans and they are very very insecure about their English; so any chance to practice it they will take.

I am thinking that if your boyfriend told this girl that he has a girlfriend then she is more interested in perfecting her language skills than in stilling someone away that will be leaving her country in a few weeks

I would NOT tell your boyfriend about hacking his account, most likely he will not even notice since he does not talk to the other girl that much.

I suggest that you trust him, say nothing about the hacking and see what happens.

How old are you and your boyfriend? Most older men and women know what they have at home and possess both the maturity and the experience not to mess it up over some nobody stranger.

Old 11-19-2016, 10:38 AM

2,145 posts, read 3,059,508 times
Excellent first post!

Old 11-19-2016, 10:57 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,207,396 times
back off......

its one thing to be a bit jealous but now you are putting wayyyy tooo much pressure on him,,,as in you don't trust him....

even tho you don't say this,,,,,,he will conclude it..

you need to mature and trust him....stop with the teenage antics

and stop trying to be controlling,,

back off or you will lose him

Old 11-19-2016, 11:33 AM

13,520 posts, read 22,120,439 times
Well, the good news is you found out something good about your bf. The bad news is that you discovered something horrible about your character. Now address it!

Old 11-19-2016, 11:45 AM

539 posts, read 566,303 times
Advice? Grow up. Adults can talk to whoever they please. If you really can't handle your bf talking to the opposite sex, break up with him. Then find help for yourself.

Old 11-19-2016, 11:47 AM

6,033 posts, read 6,142,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostlincoln View Post
I feel terrible now. I am such an evil person. mories with that female friend I just mentioned, and I got very upset.

And then, I blocked and deleted her account.

I regretted it immediately and tried to google the way to solve what I had done. But of course...there was no way to bring back her account without sending another friend invitation again on Skype. I do not know what to do now. I am afraid that my bf would find out soon and he would be mad....after all, it is his account! I invaded his privacy and I feel so, sorry for it! I know I am an idiot...I did something terrible and I don't know whether should I tell him.

I might have written too much nonsense. I apologize for it and hope some people could give me advice...Thank you very much.

PS: I also apologize if I made mistakes on grammar, spelling, etc
Miss, that's not the most evil thing I've heard of: I bet most others on this forum could come up with some vindictive whoppers others have done, or they themselves did. I know I could, though fortunately I cannot remember a woman ever doing something truly evil to me, nor have I to (them).

My opinion is to face the conflict. Have a calm, or not-so-calm (but frank and productive) conversation with the boyfriend. Discuss your feelings, admit to jealousy. If he's half the man you claim, he should lovingly listen and be supportive of your feelings without being dismissive. Work through how you feel, and how he feels, and perhaps you'll have moved the ball forward in a positive direction for your relationship.

Yes, facing the conflict is difficult. But facing jealousy without discussion is in my observation way-worse in the mid to long-term.

Old 11-19-2016, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwy View Post
What Asian country?

Because if it is not a third world country than she is probably really just using him to practice her English. I am in college and their are a lot of Asian exchange students on campus, many have approached me in class or started conversations with me while waiting in line and though I wish they only did this because they thought I was hot , the truth is that many do not talk to a lot of Americans and they are very very insecure about their English; so any chance to practice it they will take.
Thank you for your response, qwy. He is in a very big city in China.

He spends over 7 years staying in Asian countries so I know that indeed many people just want to practice English with him. But the girl just keeps texting and really want to hang out with my bf now, and sometimes my bf even spends more time on writing to her than to me. I have to wait for a long time to his reply since he's texting somebody else.

And unfortunately, our boss (we are in the same company) just told him that he needs to stay there for another two years.

Quote:
Most older men and women know what they have at home and possess both the maturity and the experience not to mess it up over some nobody stranger.
my bf told me the same thing. I am still in my 20's and he's 32 now...

I will do what you told me to do Thank you again.

Old 11-19-2016, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thesunlightdraggedmehere View Post
Its a malware thats being sent to all in the contact list automatically. Since you clicked on the list you are probably infected aswell and should change your skype password.

https://wptavern.com/beware-of-links...skype-messages
I feel extremely stupid now. Thank you for the information......

Old 11-19-2016, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reebo View Post
Excellent first post!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships