Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2008, 11:14 PM

918 posts, read 1,643,224 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl118 View Post
Oh no it's not!
We'll See!

But just in case... I got my popcorn and baseball bat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2008, 11:15 PM

7,087 posts, read 8,637,620 times
Quote:
I couldn't shuffle paperwork. I'd slit my throat from boredom. I have to have the regular adrenaline rushes and the constant decisions how to claw my way to the top against the competition, move left - move right or stay put, or just to wade through BS. I sleep an average of 3 hours a night (or sometimes early morning) due to this. 24/7/365 business. Keeps me busy.
I love that...

I agree. It's thrilling. This is one reason I loved sparring in Tae-Kwon-Do. I even liked getting my butt kicked sometimes, because it made me work harder and train harder so I could be better next time. I love the thrill of competition and the adrenaline rush you get from doing things that are very difficult.

I even turned school into a game to make it more fun for me. I wrote a battle plan before each term of school analyzing strengths and weaknesses of each class, as far as grading criteria, a weak point being something where it was easy to score As in. I would write exactly how I wanted to attack the class and get my A. The fact is, I couldn't give a crap about 80% of the classes I took in school (high school I didn't care about any of them, but in college I enjoyed about 60%, not bad!), so I had to make it a game to keep my sanity. It gave me that thrill of competition, trying to get the best grade in the class, on the test, on this essay, etc. Otherwise I wouldn't have tried so hard.

Old 11-02-2008, 11:16 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,952,004 times
.....I'm so laid back and care free and generally happy....I couldn't be content with that sort of garbage life style...no offense lol

Quote:
I couldn't shuffle paperwork. I'd slit my throat from boredom. I have to have the regular adrenaline rushes and the constant decisions how to claw my way to the top against the competition, move left - move right or stay put, or just to wade through BS. I sleep an average of 3 hours a night (or sometimes early morning) due to this. 24/7/365 business. Keeps me busy.

Last edited by artsyguy; 11-02-2008 at 11:46 PM..

Old 11-02-2008, 11:18 PM

11,169 posts, read 10,652,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Whatever Jeep,

This conversation is completely draining me.

I'm not a passive person by any means. If somebody steps on my shoes I get real catty and really abrasive and have been in trouble before for that lol, gotten chewed out by administration etc, that is what I meant by catty. Other than that I articulate what I want and speak my mind...I don't consider that cut throat or competitive....I just use what ever skills I have to get what I want; however, I am usually nice and polite and have no problems being friendly.

I know the word assertive but what does aggressive mean to you? I get the image of a callous woman with borderline personality disorder...or Oma Rosa.....sorry is that you????
Oh whatever yourself, put on your big boy pants. This should not be draining at all. It's brainless.

Assertive - lets put a visual with it, shall we? You always fall back on those STUPID personality disorder things, unbelievable. Get a grip or an MD.

Assertive is knowing how to GENTLY bump yourself through the crowd to attain what you desire and need - you will allow the occasional set-backs for the eventual reward. Aggressive is GENTLY bumping yourself through the crowd to attain what you WANT - and nothing will stand in your way.

Old 11-02-2008, 11:21 PM

Oh no it's starting.....

Old 11-02-2008, 11:22 PM

Quote:
are you bipolar or NPD? Just curious.....I'm so laid back and care free and generally happy....I couldn't be content with that sort of garbage life style...no offense lol
There you go again with the disorder diagnosis. I am happy because what I do makes me happy. What I receive as a reward and what I want is worth it when B of A sends my statements. There is an old saying, Arsty, you seem quite young, so maybe you never heard of it. . . "you have to eat a yard of $hit a day." Any person who understands that saying will make something of themselves.

Old 11-02-2008, 11:22 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,952,004 times
lol <putting on my big boy overalls>

Everybody has a different idea for different words....I'm just trying to understand competitive people......

I was jesting about you having a personality disorder........however, you never know :P

Quote:
Oh whatever yourself, put on your big boy pants. This should not be draining at all. It's brainless.

Assertive - lets put a visual with it, shall we? You always fall back on those STUPID personality disorder things, unbelievable. Get a grip or an MD.

Assertive is knowing how to GENTLY bump yourself through the crowd to attain what you desire and need - you will allow the occasional set-backs for the eventual reward. Aggressive is GENTLY bumping yourself through the crowd to attain what you WANT - and nothing will stand in your way.

Old 11-02-2008, 11:23 PM

Essentially, EVERYTHING is a competition. Even for those non-competitive.

When you go to find a job, you are in competition with others wanting it. When you go to the store, you are in competition to find what you need before anyone else does. When you find a place to live, you want to lock it in before another gets a chance. When you find a SO, you want to be the best out of the choices that they have.

Old 11-02-2008, 11:23 PM

2,383 posts, read 6,058,817 times
Quote:
Do you people look down on and try to derail people like me that don't want to compete? Are people like me who just want to be in their comfy zone a threat to competitive people? I ask because I get creepy feelings like people are against me ....and they are usually the cut throat type of folks I have to put up with.....
Your question kind of answers itself in the fact that most competitive people won't look twice at you if you do not throw yourself into the mix. If there is a promotion up for grabs, I would not consider you competition since you are not competitive. No threat.

Old 11-02-2008, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Do you people look down on and try to derail people like me that don't want to compete? Are people like me who just want to be in their comfy zone a threat to competitive people? I ask because I get creepy feelings like people are against me ....and they are usually the cut throat type of folks I have to put up with.....
Everyone is out to get you.

Page 176 in your mental illness diagnosis book.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships