Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 07:42 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,742,544 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Sorry, but dating is a luxury, not a necessity.
Fine with me. I don't even care at this point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2012, 07:54 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,107,360 times
If her income is really important to you, you need to find someone who makes enough money to ease your mind. Why would you spend less just because she makes less money? Do you realize what your post says about yourself? Not a good thing. If you really care for someone, what you spend shouldn't make any difference unless you are ultra cheap, then it would matter to you. I would hate to be the girl.

Old 02-29-2012, 07:58 PM

773 posts, read 1,259,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite Ryder View Post
If her income is really important to you, you need to find someone who makes enough money to ease your mind. Why would you spend less just because she makes less money? Do you realize what your post says about yourself? Not a good thing. If you really care for someone, what you spend shouldn't make any difference unless you are ultra cheap, then it would matter to you. I would hate to be the girl.
I would hate to be anyone who ended up with a person for whom making "at least $$$$$$" was a criteria. People lose jobs every day. They get sick, sometime for a long time, and they cannot work. Sometimes, it's a serious illness that takes a long period of recovery. Some women who become mothers want to spend the first year at home with their child. There are hundreds of circumstances in which a woman (or man) couldn't sustain making his current income.

Old 03-01-2012, 01:21 AM

3,016 posts, read 3,910,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
Since when does a woman pay her own way for this stuff anyways?

Since when do HOT woman pay their own way for this stuff anyway.

Any woman that is not hot. . . . . .

get your wallet out and start discussing finances.

Old 03-01-2012, 07:15 AM

766 posts, read 1,395,152 times
As a poor woman, by some people's standards.... I do own my Mobile Home so that keeps my monthly lot rent cheap. I am 100% debt free. I've lived a frugal lifestyle for as long as I can remember. Even if I won the lotto, I doubt the frugal part of me would change. It's too engrained within me.

If he loves traveling, we are not compatible. I'm an introverted homebody. Traveling is not my *thing*.

If he likes fancy (expensive) places to eat. We are not compatible. It would be like fingernails on a chalkboard to me.

A subway meal, and sitting down by the river, enjoying the eagles would be heaven for me. It would give us plenty of opportunity to chat with each other, about each other.

IF he also enjoys such... we are compatible. If you are a rich man, that likes to spend your life like a rich man, we are not compatible. I'm just toooooooo frugal for such non-sense.

Old 03-01-2012, 07:17 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydive Outlaw View Post
Since when do HOT woman pay their own way for this stuff anyway.

Any woman that is not hot. . . . . .

get your wallet out and start discussing finances.
There are lots of rich, hot women.

Old 03-01-2012, 07:45 AM

200 posts, read 565,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k374 View Post
Question for the men...

If you've started dating someone who made a low salary - not enough to afford to go out etc. and you made significantly more (say 2-3x) which scenario would you adopt?

#1:

Continue going to the same restaurants/hangouts, doing the same activities with the same frequency, taking her along for the same vacations you used to take... in essence not change a thing about your lifestyle KNOWING that your expenses are now going to effectively DOUBLE.

#2:

Downsize everything, go to cheaper restaurants, go less frequently, search for deals... go for cheaper vacations (preferably with deals), such that your budget roughly stays the same - THIS would be compromise in lifestyle to you.

#3:
Some combination of #1 and #2, especially go vacationing to more expensive places by yourself but go to cheaper places with her or expect her to save up and contribute what she can towards the vacation.
I would say in the dating stages go with #3. And if the relationship progresses, and you start to really care for each other, than things will work their way to #1.

My husband has alway made more than me. When we first started dating there were a lot of things that he could afford that I couldn't. But I never expected him to fit me into his whole budget just because we were dating. He definitely paid for more dates than I did. But when I could pitch in, I always offered. I always showed appreciation when he was being more generous. And I did things for him that were more in my budget. I cooked him dinners, took him to do things that were fun but not so expensive, and etc. As the relationship progressed it was not longer 'his' or 'my' money. It naturally became 'our' money.

Old 03-01-2012, 08:44 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,169,951 times
I realize the OP is asking for the opinion of men, but the opposite can also happen - where the woman makes 2-3x what the guy makes... Which is currently the situation I have right now with my other; though we're not quite dating.

I make considerably more money than him and our scenario is a combination of 1 and 2 without a single word of "who pays for what" being brought up (not even for the vacations we've planned). It also helps that the only real expenses of mine are my cosplay supplies and dollfie stuff. I have no problems with cheaper restaurants or just spending a night cuddled up and watching stuff on Netflix.

Old 03-01-2012, 09:15 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,281,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k374 View Post
Question for the men...

If you've started dating someone who made a low salary - not enough to afford to go out etc. and you made significantly more (say 2-3x) which scenario would you adopt?

#1:

Continue going to the same restaurants/hangouts, doing the same activities with the same frequency, taking her along for the same vacations you used to take... in essence not change a thing about your lifestyle KNOWING that your expenses are now going to effectively DOUBLE.

#2:

Downsize everything, go to cheaper restaurants, go less frequently, search for deals... go for cheaper vacations (preferably with deals), such that your budget roughly stays the same - THIS would be compromise in lifestyle to you.

#3:
Some combination of #1 and #2, especially go vacationing to more expensive places by yourself but go to cheaper places with her or expect her to save up and contribute what she can towards the vacation.
I'd go with number 1...but I wouldn't consider my expences doubling as I don't consider sharing and being with the one I love as an expence.......Life IS about giving....it's not compromising to share what you have with someone who has less...though it would be insulting if you were to take your girl to a place different (cheaper) than you would normally go to, simply just because she makes less money than you....I'm not sure that my answers hold any considerations for you as I don't really understand what your post means....do you love this woman? Do you want to be with her?...What means more to you...showing her a good time, or having that extra money in your pocket?....Love means more,and is worth more ...than all the money in the world.

Old 03-01-2012, 06:34 PM

3,016 posts, read 3,910,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
There are lots of rich, hot women.

Rich, hot women seek out men with more wealth than they have - and when then they make those guys spend money on them as if they were poor.

My point was - hot women do not have to spend any money while dating. And naturally, they should not have to. Their currency is sex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships