Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Men, would you date an "earthy" woman?
Sure, I think they are equally attractive as "non-earthy" women 29 50.00%
Only if it's real "toned down" - not all the attributes are present 9 15.52%
Not sure 5 8.62%
No thanks 15 25.86%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 03:37 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,398,952 times

Advertisements

I had never heard of "earthy" people before (Texas, y'know, lol) so I went with your definition and said Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Define "earthy" however you want - to me, it means not a lot of make-up nor work on her hair to enhance her beauty, views which are more liberal, more prone to being "spiritual" than religious, has dietary restrictions (vegetarian or vegan) and other attributes which are nowadays considered "granola."
But if she was a vegetarian or vegan, she'd have to be okay with me eating meat!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2012, 03:37 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,405,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
You just made fun of Tracy Chapman in a pretty filthy way in another thread

You certainly sound F.I.N.E.
I complimented her on her musical abilities, and wouldn't get bent out of shape if a woman said the same about Danny DeVito. Double standard.

About the last, you're a nice lady. Are you sure you are in a high place in academia in the Boston metro area? You may be but, interpersonally, you found a new low perch for yourself.

Old 03-05-2012, 04:10 PM

2,427 posts, read 3,572,441 times
There are alot of posts here, so I didn't read through every single one! I have to chime in. My opinion of an "earthy" woman is, someone who isn't really a hippy. She is someone who is more wholesome, doesn't wear makeup. She wants to be healthy by eating organic foods. She probably has an herb & veggie garden. Probably likes to make her own soap (I love homemade soap), is very intelligent. And maybe depending on where she lives, she may even like to raise her own poultry & meat, may know how to knit...possibly spin her own yarn! I live in New England and I've met these kind of women. I think that a relationship wouldn't work with this personality type unless you also have some of the same traits! I find alot of these traits admirable, at least they are not the Barbie types!

Old 03-05-2012, 04:22 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,218,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
I complimented her on her musical abilities, and wouldn't get bent out of shape if a woman said the same about Danny DeVito. Double standard.

About the last, you're a nice lady. Are you sure you are in a high place in academia in the Boston metro area? You may be but, interpersonally, you found a new low perch for yourself.
I'm not in academia. I'm in an institute that collaborates with a number of the uni's here. And don't give me that new low crap. The filth that comes out of your mouth and mind deserves to be delt with in a far harsher way than what I've dished at you. I'm still shocked that you could speak of her that way. Would your Christ approve? Why don't you start walking the walk of your God, who happened to be Earthy.

Old 03-05-2012, 04:54 PM

10,178 posts, read 20,805,444 times
Today's version of earthy is more like active, outdoors types who are health minded and spiritual. Not so much the earthy of 30+ years ago that was closer to frumpy, unkept, au-naturel...no shaving of any body hair, poor hygiene, extreme religious/polical views etc.

I could see myself with a moderate minded earthy-crunchy type who possesses good hygiene, natural beauty, with positive energy and a youthful spirit. Openmindedness goes a long way, and I really couldn't be with someone who is extreme in their beliefs regardless of their religious or political convictions.

Old 03-05-2012, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarragon View Post
There are alot of posts here, so I didn't read through every single one! I have to chime in. My opinion of an "earthy" woman is, someone who isn't really a hippy. She is someone who is more wholesome, doesn't wear makeup. She wants to be healthy by eating organic foods. She probably has an herb & veggie garden. Probably likes to make her own soap (I love homemade soap), is very intelligent. And maybe depending on where she lives, she may even like to raise her own poultry & meat, may know how to knit...possibly spin her own yarn! I live in New England and I've met these kind of women. I think that a relationship wouldn't work with this personality type unless you also have some of the same traits! I find alot of these traits admirable, at least they are not the Barbie types!
THIS.

Right, New England has that, and on the other side of the US, it's NorCal, Oregon and Washington. And there are a lot of guys who are too conventional and don't care for that RECURRING organic theme...exactly the list you described. And there are a lot of guys who are "regular guys" who are just too "regular" for Barbies, many of whom have nothing to offer beyond their looks, hence the derisive label. There's something to be said for being "middle of the road."

Old 03-06-2012, 07:30 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,989,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Today's version of earthy is more like active, outdoors types who are health minded and spiritual. Not so much the earthy of 30+ years ago that was closer to frumpy, unkept, au-naturel...no shaving of any body hair, poor hygiene, extreme religious/polical views etc.

I could see myself with a moderate minded earthy-crunchy type who possesses good hygiene, natural beauty, with positive energy and a youthful spirit. Openmindedness goes a long way, and I really couldn't be with someone who is extreme in their beliefs regardless of their religious or political convictions.
This is totally true and pretty much what I have been saying. Earthy women of today are completely different than the earthy women of the 60s and 70s that I think the OP (and a lot of our older posters) are thinking of when they think "earthy".

As i have posted before, earthy women I have dated have all been HOT, clean, waxed/shaved/trimmed, health conscious, fit, active, yoga spiritual, fashionable mother earth types. Kinda like this:

or like this:

Old 03-06-2012, 07:39 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,989,731 times
How could anyone NOT like someone who cared about their diet, cared about the earth, cared about nature, cared about their healthy, cared about their soul? These type are all preferred.

Oh, and one of the other major qualities that 100% of the "Earthy" types Ive both dated and KNOWN all share - they care about YOU!! They care about others. This is HUGE!!!

Old 03-06-2012, 08:25 AM

9,000 posts, read 10,192,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
This is totally true and pretty much what I have been saying. Earthy women of today are completely different than the earthy women of the 60s and 70s that I think the OP (and a lot of our older posters) are thinking of when they think "earthy".

As i have posted before, earthy women I have dated have all been HOT, clean, waxed/shaved/trimmed, health conscious, fit, active, yoga spiritual, fashionable mother earth types. Kinda like this:

or like this:
I love that first pic
And that is my style-- I wonder where I can find that dress.....

Old 03-06-2012, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Earthy women of today are completely different than the earthy women of the 60s and 70s that I think the OP (and a lot of our older posters) are thinking of when they think "earthy".

You make it sound like people are headed to the rest home. Please. That look, especially the lower of the two pictures, would turn off a lot of suits who have been in the workforce only 3 years. It still is alternative and a turn-off to most conventional guys. There are women who "share and care" that don't look (I mean dress) like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships