Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Men, would you date an "earthy" woman?
Sure, I think they are equally attractive as "non-earthy" women 29 50.00%
Only if it's real "toned down" - not all the attributes are present 9 15.52%
Not sure 5 8.62%
No thanks 15 25.86%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 11:08 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
You make it sound like people are headed to the rest home. Please. That look, especially the lower of the two pictures, would turn off a lot of suits who have been in the workforce only 3 years. It still is alternative and a turn-off to most conventional guys. There are women who "share and care" that don't look (I mean dress) like that.
People like who they like. Sometimes opposites attract. Sometimes a suit wearing guy wants someone to relax him and goes for an earthy girl. Some suit wearing guys are turned off by earthy girls. And lots of earthy girls probably wouldn't touch a suit wearing guy with a 10 foot pole.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2012, 11:11 AM

14,725 posts, read 33,375,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dewdrop93 View Post
people like who they like. Sometimes opposites attract. Sometimes a suit wearing guy wants someone to relax him and goes for an earthy girl. some suit wearing guys are turned off by earthy girls. And lots of earthy girls probably wouldn't touch a suit wearing guy with a 10 foot pole.
this.

Old 03-06-2012, 11:21 AM

3,588 posts, read 5,730,092 times
Well, Dharma is young and beautiful in that part of life where a mild soap, clean warm water and a comb is pretty much all you need. That said, I would describe myself as,

Definitely a toned down earthy woman, because figure and skin-wise, mature women even those on the young end of mature can't get away with all that "naturalness"

Old 03-06-2012, 11:23 AM

9,000 posts, read 10,180,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
People like who they like. Sometimes opposites attract. Sometimes a suit wearing guy wants someone to relax him and goes for an earthy girl. Some suit wearing guys are turned off by earthy girls. And lots of earthy girls probably wouldn't touch a suit wearing guy with a 10 foot pole.
Well said
Personally I don't have any interest in the ultra conservative, stuffed shirt types
I am drawn towards men who are open minded, positive, spiritual, fun & fit.

If they're non conformists that's even better

Old 03-06-2012, 06:03 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,962,008 times
Quote:
You make it sound like people are headed to the rest home. Please. That look, especially the lower of the two pictures, would turn off a lot of suits who have been in the workforce only 3 years. It still is alternative and a turn-off to most conventional guys. There are women who "share and care" that don't look (I mean dress) like that.
Im a "suit" who LOVES that look. Most of the other "suits" I work with love that as well. They gal on the lower pic is a friend of mine who is not only BEAUTIFUL, but also insanely talented. She's wearing a "costume" for the type of dance she's FAMOUS for.

Old 03-06-2012, 06:41 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,196,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Im a "suit" who LOVES that look. Most of the other "suits" I work with love that as well. They gal on the lower pic is a friend of mine who is not only BEAUTIFUL, but also insanely talented. She's wearing a "costume" for the type of dance she's FAMOUS for.
You seem to be a different kind of suit, Lao. Or perhaps just different than robert's norm.

Old 03-06-2012, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
You seem to be a different kind of suit, Lao. Or perhaps just different than robert's norm.
Sure he's a different kind of suit. He's into Eastern thought. I guess several movie stars have made that cool. The only Eastern thoughts I have are whether to go for cashew chicken or a steak with teriyaki sauce...and I'm not being racist. I guess one thread shuts down, so we move to another. This thread's shelf life was sort of naturally sputtering.

Old 03-06-2012, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Sure he's a different kind of suit. He's into Eastern thought. I guess several movie stars have made that cool. The only Eastern thoughts I have are whether to go for cashew chicken or a steak with teriyaki sauce...and I'm not being racist. I guess one thread shuts down, so we move to another. This thread's shelf life was sort of naturally sputtering.
I'm not sure what you're going on about. I'm just saying that your whole packaging thing doesn't seem to work very well. The US and its people are more diverse than you assert.

Old 03-06-2012, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
The US and its people are more diverse than you assert.
Perhaps the demographics threads would interest you but, then again, maybe not, since they also have some stereotyping, to one degree or another.

Old 03-06-2012, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Perhaps the demographics threads would interest you but, then again, maybe not, since they also have some stereotyping, to one degree or another.
I find demographics to be interesting. They are very real. Although, I speak of them generally and allow room for the individual because I'm typically speaking to individuals here on CD rather than writing an essay. But, that's a different thing than the kind of stereotyping we normally see here. The application of stereotypes on this forum do not usually include any kind of depth. They're filtered through the individual, who does not significantly deviate from what s/he knows, and then the stereotypes are targeted at other individuals.

It never seems to work out. This is what we continually see with your attempts to pigeonhole via stereotypes. Isn't that kind of interesting? I think it is. In the end it tells me, to reiterate what I've said in other threads, that people are way more complex than what stereotypes permit. That makes sense because, based on the definition, stereotypes are "simplified conceptions of groups based on some prior assumptions". What I see folk do here is apply these simplified conceptions rather carelessly. It's the beginning and the end and that's wanting imo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships