Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 07:15 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,748,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailz101 View Post
Don't really know where to start...

I met a guy at a local sports club and we became friends really quickly, he's charming, old fashioned and frankly a lovely guy.

A couple Of days ago he gave me his number and we started chatting and flirting as we usually do, then Monday night he gave me a lift home from the sports club. He was really sweet and opened the car door for me and carried my bag to the door; I then invited him in for tea, we chatted about day to day topics and it was nice to actually have an intellectual conversation with someone. We started flirting and got closer and closer until we were cuddled up on the sofa. He started reading my palms and complimenting me etc.

Before he left we were star gazing, he explained all the different constellations etc to me then hugged me and kissed me on the head, we then started flirting again and then he kissed me, it was like fireworks going off...

I then woke up the next morning to flowers and a handwritten letter at my door. The letter itself was flirty yet caring.

I sent him a text thanking him and asking if he wanted to see eachother again, he said he did.

The only problem I have is I'm not sure if he is looking at me as a love interest or as a friend and I don't know how to find out.
I'm aware there is a very large age gap between us but I have often been told I'm an "old soul".

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

He's definitely interested...in what is to be determined.

If you really like him and see some relationship potential, take your time.

If all he's looking for is sex, you won't have long to wait to figure that out.

If you jump in bed with him too quickly he may just see you as a conquest, not relationship material. If you take your time to really get to know him a real relationship could grow.

Best of luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2012, 07:18 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,735,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
It's obvious what his angle is. He wants a young sweet thing to have sex.

Maybe a trophy girlfriend ?

I don't know about all that now! I just say she keep an eye on him, always should in the beginning anyways, that's what I would do...especially when they start pulling that prince charming/overly friendly mess.

Old 03-20-2012, 07:19 PM

14 posts, read 21,768 times
30 years... I know it is a massive age gap but I'm a lot more mature than most, so the maturity gap is around 15 years I would say.

I want to see where it leads but I really like this guy.

Old 03-20-2012, 07:21 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,206,955 times
Make sure he's not married already. He may be looking for something on the side.

How old are you ?

Old 03-20-2012, 07:24 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,259,761 times
Quote:
Don't really know where to start...

I met a guy at a local sports club and we became friends really quickly, he's charming, old fashioned and frankly a lovely guy.

A couple Of days ago he gave me his number and we started chatting and flirting as we usually do, then Monday night he gave me a lift home from the sports club. He was really sweet and opened the car door for me and carried my bag to the door; I then invited him in for tea, we chatted about day to day topics and it was nice to actually have an intellectual conversation with someone. We started flirting and got closer and closer until we were cuddled up on the sofa. He started reading my palms and complimenting me etc.

Before he left we were star gazing, he explained all the different constellations etc to me then hugged me and kissed me on the head, we then started flirting again and then he kissed me, it was like fireworks going off...

I then woke up the next morning to flowers and a handwritten letter at my door. The letter itself was flirty yet caring.

I sent him a text thanking him and asking if he wanted to see eachother again, he said he did.

The only problem I have is I'm not sure if he is looking at me as a love interest or as a friend and I don't know how to find out.
I'm aware there is a very large age gap between us but I have often been told I'm an "old soul".

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Give it some time and see what happens and don't jump into anything too quickly. There are actually some men who do want to get to know you and have a real relationship before any sex is involved. Take your time, get to know him and see where it goes. Age is a chronological number and that is all and most souls are ageless and one cannot put a chronological age on a soul.

Old 03-20-2012, 07:27 PM

19 but unfortunately I grew up very quick, the majority of my friends are in their 30s and 40s so this isnt that bad but I'm still wary

Old 03-20-2012, 07:40 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,206,955 times
Quote:
19 but unfortunately I grew up very quick, the majority of my friends are in their 30s and 40s so this isnt that bad but I'm still wary
You grew up quickly but you still lack the experience and wisdom this guy brings to the table.

I'd love to ask a 50 year old man why he's going after a 19 year old girl. I could see through his BS fairly easy, he's about my age and no way would I pursue a 19 YO girl.

That's way to young. No offense to you, but to him. He needs a slap on the head

Old 03-20-2012, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
You grew up quickly but you still lack the experience and wisdom this guy brings to the table.

I'd love to ask a 50 year old man why he's going after a 19 year old girl. I could see through his BS fairly easy, he's about my age and no way would I pursue a 19 YO girl.

That's way to young. No offense to you, but to him. He needs a slap on the head

I understand where your coming from but when we are ttogether we don't even notice the age gap, it isn't an issue to either of us, just to other people

Old 03-20-2012, 07:45 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,743,263 times
Quote:
I understand where your coming from but when we are ttogether we don't even notice the age gap, it isn't an issue to either of us, just to other people
That's what they all say honey.

He's conning you with love notes and pretty lines. Be careful, older men who hit on teenagers are called perverts for a reason.

Old 03-20-2012, 07:50 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,748,754 times
Quote:
OH MY GOSH, if you only knew how naive you sound

You are in way over your head.

This will not end well.

Remember I said so when it doesn't so that you can learn from the huge mistake you are making now. (where is your mother?)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships