Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 07:51 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
That's what they all say honey.

He's conning you with love notes and pretty lines. Be careful, older men who hit on teenagers are called perverts for a reason.
Or they.... 1. Have serious issues where they cannot attract a women their age or 2. he's married.

I'd be afraid of knocking up the OP. Last thing I'd want at 50 is to have a 19 YO girl having my baby.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2012, 07:54 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Or they.... 1. Have serious issues where they cannot attract a women their age or 2. he's married.

I'd be afraid of knocking up the OP. Last thing I'd want at 50 is to have a 19 YO girl having my baby.
No doubt - 50 year old men who go after 19 year old GIRLS have issues.

Old 03-20-2012, 07:54 PM

3,734 posts, read 4,546,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailz101 View Post
30 years... I know it is a massive age gap but I'm a lot more mature than most, so the maturity gap is around 15 years I would say.
30 years?!

Maybe if you were 35 and he 65, I could see this more positively. But 19 yo and 49 yo.

No matter how quickly you grew up, I just can't imagine a successful relationship with the difference in maturity levels and life experience. You two are at totally different places. This type of age difference will usually result in the older party viewing the younger's concerns with the attitude of, "Oh that's kid stuff, wait until you have to deal with ____." You'd get tired of that really fast.

I think he just wants a trophy girlfriend.

Old 03-20-2012, 07:56 PM

14 posts, read 21,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
OH MY GOSH, if you only knew how naive you sound

You are in way over your head.

This will not end well.

Remember I said so when it doesn't so that you can learn from the huge mistake you are making now. (where is your mother?)

I don't have any parents, part of having to grow up quickly.

Old 03-20-2012, 07:58 PM

460 posts, read 671,915 times
Quote:
19 but unfortunately I grew up very quick, the majority of my friends are in their 30s and 40s so this isnt that bad but I'm still wary
Oh ewe, honey! I don't know what crap life has thrown at you to feel like you've grown up too fast. So obviously you're going to take whatever I say with a huge grain of salt (as all people on message boards should). However, I remember feeling like you when I was 19. I thought I was really mature (and I was for all intents and purposes) but l now know what I didn't know then and it's plenty. I'm 31 so I'm not done maturing myself, but I can tell you that this guy is shady. I don't know any 30 year old men that would date someone your age no matter how mature you are. I definitely don't know any 40 year old men, and 50 year old men are almost my father's age so no.... Please don't go there. This guy is seducing you with his knowledge of stars and his ability to spend his money on flowers, gifts and dinners. These things will not make you happy in the long run. This guy sounds like a total creep. If you insist on dating him, please keep it PG-13 for a long time. There is no future for you with someone that age. It all seems like fun and games until someone gets hurt.

Old 03-20-2012, 07:58 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
All the more reason to listen to the good advice you are getting from some of us here honey.

This situation will not end well, trust me. Nip this thing in the bud before you get sucked in and used.

Growing up quickly like you did still leaves you with a lack of life experiences and wisdom that comes with age.

Old 03-20-2012, 08:00 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Quote:
Just be careful and if you do have sex with him remember it's up to you to prevent becoming a momma at such an early age.

I keep going back to him being married for a reason. Do a little snooping on the internet, facebook, etc and see what you can find out.

Old 03-20-2012, 08:01 PM

61,713 posts, read 87,123,005 times
Quote:
I understand where your coming from but when we are ttogether we don't even notice the age gap, it isn't an issue to either of us, just to other people
Oh, just wait few more years when he starts to ask you to change his diapers or take his teeth out before going to bed.

Old 03-20-2012, 08:04 PM

14 posts, read 21,766 times
Quote:
Just be careful and if you do have sex with him remember it's up to you to prevent becoming a momma at such an early age.

I keep going back to him being married for a reason. Do a little snooping on the internet, facebook, etc and see what you can find out.
My coach and him are good friends (in fact they dated for a while 30 years ago) so I know he isn't married and has no little ones running around out there. She is the closest thing I have to a parent and although she was wary when I mentioned it she wasn't suprised as she sees how happy we are when together.

I know I'm still going to be nieve about certain things but I want to give it a go with this guy, if for nothing else so I know not to make the mistake again.

Old 03-20-2012, 08:07 PM

2,392 posts, read 5,724,631 times
Quote:

If he pulling young women at age 50 I doubt he has issues pulling woman his age. It's more likely that he just wants to do a 19 yr old girl and this is a layup for him.

Also, being 50 and she being 19 I think that they can figure out how to keep her from getting preggers.

At the end of the day they're both adults and its their lives. Who are we to say that the guy is wrong for doing this or that some is wrong with him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships