Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 04:25 PM

1,206 posts, read 1,738,149 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzJackRabbit View Post
A woman who cannot take care of herself will never be a great catch.
Bull*hit! She just needs some new guides, that's all. Because, anything the mind can conceive and believe, the mind can achieve. A winner never quits and a quitter never wins. And, because she believes in me, she'll continue to win.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2012, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHitman View Post
she thinks she's a good catch because she: owns a home, has a job and keeps her hair and nails done.... Your thoughts?
Most guys wouldn't think anything of it. But, at least you did. That's called her overplay for the underlay. And, she probably recognizes that guys who don't know how to stand up for themselves, will always fall for it. Your next move is to flip it on her, tell her what she doesn't have, and give it to her. But, remember: game is sold, not told!.

Old 04-03-2012, 06:55 PM

37,617 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
Who said anything about not being able to support themselves? You're adding variables to the equation.

The point is, there are other things besides the usual stuff adults do that makes a person a good catch. Having a job and shelter is nothing special.

Ok CheesieMum?
No, you implied that being interesting was more important than being able to support oneself. And I disagree with that....completely. There are many many people out there that are unable to support themselves...for various reasons. Getting themselves on sound financial footing should be priority ONE, in my opinion.

Old 04-03-2012, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post

What we are saying is if that financial independence is her ONLY base of being a "good catch," then she has nothing else to offer us and basically it is no thanks to her.
That was NOT what was implied. Not at all.

Old 04-03-2012, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
Financial independence is a damn good start!
You better believe it.

Old 04-03-2012, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Financial independence shouldnt be anyone only attribute. I would think that was a given.
Exactly. Not sure where the thread went off on such a tangent. That wasn't even the OP's premise.

Old 04-03-2012, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzJackRabbit View Post
Rofl, this is ridiculous. So far in this thread I've read that if a woman says she has a career, then she is white trash, I've also read that if she says she is attractive, she is automatically not attractive because she's bragging.

So tell me, if she's asked "what makes her a great catch" what can she possibly say that wouldn't be an automatic turn off? Because by the logic above whatever she says will immediately disqualify whatever quality she tries to put forward. She literally cannot say anything, and just have to stay mum, bash her eyelids and quietly mumble "I'm humble and modest"? In which case you guys will automatically declare she's arrogant, egocentric and conceited. What the hell? With that kind of attitude no girl will ever be good enough, except for the most self deprecating one.

It's one thing if she is bragging, you all know the type, but if she was honestly asked what makes her a great catch, and if she basically replied it's because she has her stuff together and takes care of herself, in so many words, I have no idea how you can possibly hold that against her. An independent woman who can take care of herself is at least a couple of steps closer to being a great catch. Now, that alone does not mean she is a great match, but it is a prequalifier to being one. A woman who cannot take care of herself will never be a great catch.
Excellent post.

Old 04-03-2012, 08:12 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,855,839 times
Be careful. How much of her house does she actually own? She could be deeply in debt.

Old 04-03-2012, 08:20 PM

773 posts, read 1,259,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just1Fan View Post
Bull*hit! She just needs some new guides, that's all. Because, anything the mind can conceive and believe, the mind can achieve. A winner never quits and a quitter never wins. And, because she believes in me, she'll continue to win.
Dude. Are you stoned—?

Old 04-03-2012, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by supernaut112 View Post
Dude. Are you stoned—?

*coughs* No, I'm good. Really!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships