Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2012, 01:26 PM

1,266 posts, read 1,607,016 times

Advertisements

well we people are not entitled, never owed, do not have a right to sex(unless you pay for it) but i don't think most of us want that
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2012, 02:14 PM

102 posts, read 162,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrueRulz View Post
I was the stereotype nerdy girl. Smart, cute enough, but awkward, unusual hobbies (like being a total 80s hair band freak when everyone was into grunge, alternative, and hip hop) and yes, I wore glasses too (thank you LASIK for ending that).

My husband would agree with you, but he's nerdish himself.
I was a big nerd myself growing up, bit of a late bloomer myself you might say but I grew in to it. Now I'm a mix between nerdy and bad boy lol, if that makes sense. (due to my severe nerdery I got in a lot of fights so I learned early on how to balance the 2)

If I can't have an intelligent conversation with a girl, major turn off. The whole valley girl "ehrmagrd" routine is so lame. "And then, like, so I, like, you know" LOL

As a musician I've managed to retain my nerdery; while a lot of people I know listen to pop or whatever the radio's spewing, I study older music and thus rarely know who's who or what's what.

Anyhow...yeah.

Old 09-02-2012, 03:24 PM

i wish i knew where to meet nerdy, geeky girls besides Conventions, Comic-Book stores, shops

Old 09-02-2012, 08:00 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WantToHaveALife View Post
i wish i knew where to meet nerdy, geeky girls besides Conventions, Comic-Book stores, shops
I feel the same way about meeting nerdy guys

Although, I have met a few lately, but they seem to be interested in the same girls that every other guy is interested in... not fellow nerds like me.

Old 09-02-2012, 08:12 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
Nerds are everywhere!!!

Old 09-02-2012, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I feel the same way about meeting nerdy guys

Although, I have met a few lately, but they seem to be interested in the same girls that every other guy is interested in... not fellow nerds like me.
also, you said those cosplay girls at Comic-Con, are they not really into nerdy, geeky guys? then why do they attend Conventions like those then?

Old 09-02-2012, 08:26 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:
also, you said those cosplay girls at Comic-Con, are they not really into nerdy, geeky guys? then why do they attend Conventions like those then?
Varied reasons. Some do it for attention, some do it to try and get noticed by actors/producers etc. that have panels at Cons, some are honestly into it.

I know my sister went to cons with me because she liked dressing in skimpy costumes and having guys drool all over her. She makes fun of me constantly for my 'nerdy pursuits' but when cons come around, all of a sudden she's sooooo into it. She's never owned a console and has only held a game controller a few times in her life, but becomes a Zelda 'expert' if a cute guy is around, which is funny considering she still thinks Zelda is the main playable character

Old 09-02-2012, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Varied reasons. Some do it for attention, some do it to try and get noticed by actors/producers etc. that have panels at Cons, some are honestly into it.

I know my sister went to cons with me because she liked dressing in skimpy costumes and having guys drool all over her. She makes fun of me constantly for my 'nerdy pursuits' but when cons come around, all of a sudden she's sooooo into it. She's never owned a console and has only held a game controller a few times in her life, but becomes a Zelda 'expert' if a cute guy is around, which is funny considering she still thinks Zelda is the main playable character
if only there was a way to find out if the ones that are cosplaying are honestly into it

Old 09-02-2012, 09:17 PM

52,283 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Back in college there was a friend of a friend type thing, anyways this girl, she was just too nerdy, I mean all the negatives of the nerdy thing, not just the hair and the dress, this girl just had no social skills, snorted when she laughed... the whole nine...

She had a really kick ass figure and wasn't too bad looking, I just couldn't get past the other stuff.. I wouldn't mind a little nerdiness, but she had way way too much nerd thing going....

For me at least.....

Old 09-02-2012, 11:48 PM

102,213 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Science lectures, book stores, the symphony, enviro groups, political action groups, as well as every other place women hang out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships