Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2012, 10:31 PM

270 posts, read 387,898 times

Advertisements

I recently had someone that I knew for sometime ask to be friends with benefits. I've never been in that kind of situation and I was kind of surprised because I saw this guy as something more. When he realized that I had feelings for him he said "It's best if we go our separate ways". I asked why and he said "Stick around for what so you can catch more feelings than what you already have..I'll pass". I felt so cheap and ugly and hurt. I read a post from friend on FB stating "Friends with benefits = in reality is telling you to your face that you're good enough to f... ...but not good enough to invest feelings in." Is this true?? Apparently I'm not even good enough to be friends with either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2012, 10:42 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,503,555 times
You're good enough for both but he only wants you for one of those attributes. If that not what you want (only), then it's best you let him walk because you're not going to get what you want from him. There is someone else out there who will give you what you want so seek him out.

[that's my Hello Kitty statement for the day]

Old 04-11-2012, 10:47 PM

1,775 posts, read 3,789,859 times
He sounds like a jerk. You deserve better. FWB usually benefits the guy and is an excuse for him to have sex with you until he finds someone else he cares about and dumps you. I would de-friend him on Facebook if he said that to my face. Don't be a doormat.

Old 04-11-2012, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
You're good enough for both but he only wants you for one of those attributes. If that not what you want (only), then it's best you let him walk because you're not going to get what you want from him. There is someone else out there who will give you what you want so seek him out.

[that's my Hello Kitty statement for the day]
I like your Hello Kitty Statement

Old 04-11-2012, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalDiva View Post
He sounds like a jerk. You deserve better. FWB usually benefits the guy and is an excuse for him to have sex with you until he finds someone else he cares about and dumps you. I would de-friend him on Facebook if he said that to my face. Don't be a doormat.
He wasn't the person that posted that on FB it was another friend of mine but he definitely is not a FB friend any longer and I have changed my cell # also. It's so hurtful and surprising because I've never given him a reason for that. When I first met him there seemed to be a genuine interest and he wanted to get involved. Fast forward a year passes and now he throws the FWB at me. Just feeling bummed and unworthy.

Old 04-11-2012, 11:05 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,974,167 times
Well, what I'd take it as is a compliment. You gotta be pretty hot for him to want that, right?? Don't take it as anything less than that. He thinks you're hot and you don't want to deal with that. Flip him the bird and find someone better.

Old 04-11-2012, 11:07 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,253,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzyj19 View Post
I recently had someone that I knew for sometime ask to be friends with benefits.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzyj19 View Post
When I first met him there seemed to be a genuine interest and he wanted to get involved. Fast forward a year passes and now he throws the FWB at me. Just feeling bummed and unworthy.
Things don't add up here... What was happening during this whole year? Could you elaborate, please?

Old 04-11-2012, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Things don't add up here... What was happening during this whole year? Could you elaborate, please?
We were cool but I noticed a change.. he has alot of personal issues..baby mama drama... he says he has enough drama with his baby mamas and he doesn't need anymore..Sidenote--I really need to find people to date that don't have "baby Mamas" cause their always seems to be an issue. He never asked me how I felt about it just that if i was down with it and if not to go our separate ways. I know its an ******* move but it just seems out of left field. I always thought that we kind of liked each other and I figured he knew all this time that I felt for him but for him to say this ...just ...It made me feel as if he was disgusted at the fact that I even had feelings for him. I already have confidence issues and this just made it worse.

Old 04-11-2012, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Well, what I'd take it as is a compliment. You gotta be pretty hot for him to want that, right?? Don't take it as anything less than that. He thinks you're hot and you don't want to deal with that. Flip him the bird and find someone better.
I didn't take that as a compliment at all. To just dismiss my feelings and say "for what so you can catch more feelings. I'll Pass". It's a slap in the face..for no apparent reason.

Old 04-11-2012, 11:26 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,666,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Unfortunately, I've seen the opposite... a lot of the time the guy doesn't think she's hot enough to date seriously so he figures he can get a few rolls in the hay while she's around. It's like the guy who takes his 'girl' out to only out of the way, hole in the wall places so nobody he knows sees them together.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships