Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2012, 03:42 PM

4,862 posts, read 7,991,202 times

Advertisements

It's time for a PACKAGE CHECK.. What is it today with all these men with self-esteem and no back bone issues?

A man is the head of the household. It is his responsibility to provide and protect the family that's the way it is. When did the wussification of the male officially take effect.

Women do not want some sensitive man who needs input from others to make a decisions. Women feel free to chime in and let men know you want men to be men.

Once men take their rightful position in the relationship society will become much better. Fire up the barbecue and cook some meat.

Old 04-13-2012, 03:45 PM

733 posts, read 1,667,671 times
Besides " A man is the head of the household. It is his responsibility to provide and protect the family that's the way it is." and to some extent "Women do not want some sensitive man who needs input from others to make a decisions.", I agree with the rest. I have more respect for guys who are confident, manly and able to make quick and sound decisions. Sometimes, they do need input from others (that's why we have advisory boards in all major companies), but not for every damn decision.

Old 04-13-2012, 03:51 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,139,544 times
A man grilling steaks at the BBQ is pretty sexy...

Old 04-13-2012, 03:54 PM

14,724 posts, read 33,463,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caltovegas View Post
Once men take their rightful position in the relationship society will become much better. Fire up the barbecue and cook some meat.
Three things come to mind:
(1) Men will take the rightful position when they "love less" and can control the situation - back to "the party who likes/loves less controls"
(2) Men sometimes have their hands tied because the "exit options" aren't good.
(3) Men see the mess that the feminist movement and the legal system has created and will avoid relationships, even though that's not what they intended upon entering adulthood.

Old 04-13-2012, 04:00 PM

1,807 posts, read 3,333,164 times
their self esteem is low because their women are being shared

Old 04-13-2012, 04:08 PM

102,362 posts, read 108,650,974 times
Quote:
It's time for a PACKAGE CHECK.. What is it today with all these men with self-esteem and no back bone issues?

A man is the head of the household. It is his responsibility to provide and protect the family that's the way it is. When did the wussification of the male officially take effect.

Women do not want some sensitive man who needs input from others to make a decisions. Women feel free to chime in...
OK, I'm chiming in. I do want a thoughtful, sensitive guy. That doesn't mean someone who can't make a decision, though. I do want a guy who asks me my opinion on decisions that affect us both, and who takes my opinion seriously. I also like guys who can take direction from me, if we're working on a project that relates to my space or my needs. Reorganizing or redecorating something in my home or office, for example (if we don't live together). I expect to be an equal partner in the couple. I don't need a boss.

Another example: if we have pooled our resources and have financial investments, I wouldn't be ok with him making unilateral decisions about moving those investments around. Since I have a lot of experience with investing, I'd expect (require, actually) that we make those decisions together. If he doesn't have much experience in that sphere, then it would make the most sense to put me in charge. In whatever his area of expertise was, he'd be in charge. Two parts of a whole, working together, contributing their own unique talents to the team. It's about teamwork, not a dictatorship based on gender.

Men who are confident in their masculinity are ok with that. They don't have a need to go around proving they "wear the pants" in the family. It's not "wussification", it's maturity.

Old 04-13-2012, 04:09 PM

36,860 posts, read 31,142,861 times
Quote:

Women do not want some sensitive man who needs input from others to make a decisions. Women feel free to chime in and let men know you want men to be men.

I would like men to stop trying to tell women what women want and/or need, feel and think. Its time we all become human and stop this role playing and stereotyping and allow people to be the individuals they are.

Old 04-13-2012, 04:25 PM

1,818 posts, read 2,694,016 times
I like a man that is not afraid to be a leader and takes control and leads the way. Then I can decide if I want to follow or get out of the way.

Old 04-13-2012, 04:27 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,238,998 times
Quote:

A man is the head of the household. It is his responsibility to provide and protect the family that's the way it is.
We both provide and protect. My husband is no yes man. I would have a hard time respecting someone who let me push them around. But I have "worn the pants" for the majority of our marriage. One can be self assured without being a traditionalist.

Old 04-13-2012, 04:42 PM

4,862 posts, read 7,991,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
I would like men to stop trying to tell women what women want and/or need, feel and think. Its time we all become human and stop this role playing and stereotyping and allow people to be the individuals they are.
One person thinking as an individual and the other thinking as a couple won't work. A man has to have the knowledge and wisdom to be able to make decisions that are in the best interest of the family because at the end of the day it's on him.

A person who has the mindset of an individual may not be a good candidate for marriage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.