Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2012, 02:07 PM

4,862 posts, read 7,976,376 times

Advertisements

LOL..I had to look up the definition of Mangina.. Too funny. As for men and women being equal I don't think there is an equality. To get down to basics let an intruder enter the home. Do women expect to jump up and be the protector of the family or is that the responsibility of the man.

For the women who say they would assume that role IMO you have the wrong man. As a nurturer I think women are more inclined ro give the talents to carry that role. I'm sure many women will agree most men (yea I know not your man) have the sensitivity of a rock so women and men are not equal from a nurturing perspective. Now with that being said someone make me a sandwich...The Yankees are on.

Old 04-14-2012, 02:10 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,287,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caltovegas View Post
LOL..I had to look up the definition of Mangina.. Too funny. As for men and women being equal I don't think there is an equality. To get down to basics let an intruder enter the home. Do women expect to jump up and be the protector of the family or is that the responsibility of the man.
In case you missed it, plenty of women do take on that role, whether a man is there or not. Ever get between a mama bear and her cubs? Same thing. The days of helpless Cinderellas are long gone--or should be.

Ever fire a weapon? It doesn't know whether the hand that holds it is male or female, and my aim is as deadly as yours.

As we don't need rescuing, you gents are going to have to find another way to make yourselves useful.

Old 04-14-2012, 02:20 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,161,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzette View Post
You know what this post sounds like to me?

"Unga-bunga PACKAGE unga-bunga man unga-bunga man unga-bunga male unga-bunga man unga-bunga meat unga-bunga!"

Please. Those who squawk most about BEING A MAN UNGA-BUNGA are usually the ones with the smallest cajones and the ones most threatened by strong women. If they were that secure, they wouldn't be on here whining like beta menlet. They wouldn't feel the need to prove themselves or cut other men down.

And so, a dedication:

Now lick my boots.

That is just too funny. They wouldn't let me rep you again. But I couldn't have said it better..So to the freaking point..

It sort of reminds me of internet tough guys. Where deep down, it's that bottle capped, scrawny, wimpy guy posturing from his computer at home, talking about how he would whoop anyone's arse. Yet in real life, would never have the bal ls to stand up to a red headed ten year old with a bad leg and a juice box in his hand..No offense to red heads..lol...Just so true....lol..lol

Last edited by supermanpansy; 04-14-2012 at 02:44 PM..

Old 04-14-2012, 02:20 PM

4,862 posts, read 7,976,376 times
Quote:
You're on C-D too much to make the young women squeal. Just saying.
It depends on your concept of time. I'm so good time stops and her world is about that moment in time. The squeal heard is yes,, yes, yesssss, oh Caltovegas, Yessssssssssssssssss without a time difference translation converter to the regular ear it's heard as a squeal.

Old 04-14-2012, 02:23 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,287,357 times
Quote:
It depends on your concept of time. I'm so good time stops and her world is about that moment in time. The squeal heard is yes,, yes, yesssss, oh Caltovegas, Yessssssssssssssssss without a time difference translation converter to the regular ear it's heard as a squeal.

So you admit that you do dishes and clean the bathroom, then! Always knew you had it in you.

Old 04-14-2012, 02:29 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,215,869 times
Quote:

For the women who say they would assume that role IMO you have the wrong man. As a nurturer I think women are more inclined ro give the talents to carry that role. I'm sure many women will agree most men (yea I know not your man) have the sensitivity of a rock so women and men are not equal from a nurturing perspective. Now with that being said someone make me a sandwich...The Yankees are on.
Are you married? I am trying to imagine someone putting up with you.

Old 04-14-2012, 03:09 PM

178 posts, read 376,721 times
Quote:
It's time for a PACKAGE CHECK.. What is it today with all these men with self-esteem and no back bone issues?

A man is the head of the household. It is his responsibility to provide and protect the family that's the way it is. When did the wussification of the male officially take effect.

Women do not want some sensitive man who needs input from others to make a decisions. Women feel free to chime in and let men know you want men to be men.

Once men take their rightful position in the relationship society will become much better. Fire up the barbecue and cook some meat.
haha, you don't seriously believe that when men measure up to your "rightful" expectations in a relathionship women will be happier, more fulfilled, blah blah blah. That's like me saying I have the answer to "what women want", which Sigmund Freud wasn't even able to figure out.

A committed relationship, especially with children, is a strained compromise where both the man and woman make lifestyle sacrifices and behavioral adaptations for the benefit of living together as a couple or family.

And then there is this weird dynamic that the French commonly understand: that women always want to control the relationship (him), but it's the man's job not to allow her to do so. What am I talking about? That relentless maternal instinct where women keep trying to to control the man as if she was his mom. This mostly happens unknowingly (don't eat that, cant you do.., Im not happy because you...), but it can wear a guy down. Caii it nagging, hen pecking, bitchy, "only do it because you care for us", etc, women are hard wire to do it.

So what's a guy to do beside pacify/accommodate her so that he can go back to his moment of peace in this committed relationship. But then she slowly loses respect for his manliness because he just wants to appease her, and does it so often. She even begins to question his ability to be a hunter, and handle the BBQ. What do women want? Go figure.

Last edited by bignutz; 04-14-2012 at 03:12 PM.. Reason: correct

Old 04-14-2012, 06:13 PM

102,260 posts, read 108,258,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wordlife View Post
.A man is the leader of his household.
If it's "his" household, he must be living alone. In which case, you'd be right. If he's married or partnered, it would be "their" household. Then who leads? Both do (duh). And what if it's her house? What if he's moved into her house? oooohh, getting complicated!

"Real" men have no need to go around proving themselves. It's the ones who feel driven to run around thumping their chests and bossing others around who are the lame, insecure ones. Kind of pitiful, really.

Old 04-14-2012, 06:17 PM

2,094 posts, read 3,661,181 times
I have to say that most women who i've encountered who flip out at the notion of washing dishes or keeping a pleasant atmosphere..They're the type that want to have their cake and eat it too (and it literally shows).

Have you really encountered women who flip out at the notion of doing dishes? That is kind of hard to believe since it was and still is considered "womens work" by some men and women even today.
Some night after you fire up the grill and cook a hunk of meat tell your "girl" that you are going to clean up and clean it all -don't leave the trash full or pans soaking.She will be thrilled and you will probably be thrilled at her response.
I am sorry I don't understand the "cake and eat it too" part-what do you mean?
Do any of you know people that leave 3 days of dirty dishes hanging around in their homes? I certainly do not.

Old 04-14-2012, 06:22 PM

102,260 posts, read 108,258,157 times
Quote:
As we don't need rescuing, you gents are going to have to find another way to make yourselves useful.
May I suggest, um... ... a certain recreational activity that rhymes with "Rex"? It's the one thing we can't really do by ourselves. Rumor is, some of you guys are pretty good at it. If you can get your egos out of the way. That's why we prefer the sensitive types. They're very eager to please, thoughtful and considerate in that regard, and take orders well. Chest-thumping is such a waste of time that could be better spent elsewise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships