Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2012, 07:36 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,699,102 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caltovegas View Post
It's time for a PACKAGE CHECK.. What is it today with all these men with self-esteem and no back bone issues?

A man is the head of the household. It is his responsibility to provide and protect the family that's the way it is. When did the wussification of the male officially take effect.

Women do not want some sensitive man who needs input from others to make a decisions. Women feel free to chime in and let men know you want men to be men.

Once men take their rightful position in the relationship society will become much better. Fire up the barbecue and cook some meat.
Okay, I'll chime in. Yes, I want men to be men. And hopefully, a man can be a man while still loving a woman.

Old 04-14-2012, 08:07 AM

26,702 posts, read 41,834,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8635angelvalley View Post
A man cleaning up the kitchen and doing the dishes after is even sexier!
How do you feel about men who do what you described only because they don't want to smell dinner from 3 days ago in their living room?

Quote:
I have always been turned off by guys that think they should be the head of the household. I am very glad that I found my husband who is my equal partner. We are certainly very different but we complement one another and build up each other's strengths rather than using our strengths to compete against each other in a struggle for dominance. I would really encourage you to approach your next relationship in a spirit of cooperation rather than competition.
I can't apologize for the way I was raised and that is a man should be the leader of his home. However, the type of leader I talk about is how a quarterback leads his team. A quarterback has the plight of his team on his shoulders, he has to make the tough decisions without hesitation in a flash. He wants and seeks input from teammates. He is able to take critique from outside sources and teammates and use it to improve. He realizes his teammates and himself make mistakes and ensures everyone learns from them. He gets back up after being hit hard and sometimes with a couple of teammates lifting him up. He gives his teammates equal opportunities to shine. He owns up to his mistakes and makes sure he does better by his team.

Ladies, not every guy who wants to lead in his home is talking about totalitarianism.

Old 04-14-2012, 09:51 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,763,328 times
And the OP confirms why he has issues with women

Old 04-14-2012, 10:17 AM

3,187 posts, read 5,163,657 times
What's this "real" man "fake" man crap. People are who they are. Some guys are sensitive some aren't. Just like some women like guys who are sensitive and some don't. Why do we feel the need to belittle others "likes" and "dislikes". Why do we paint such broad strokes with how men and women are supposed to be/ act like. I like to think I am a combination of both. I am a manly man. Yet, I have my sensitive side too. To view the sexes as black or white is rediculous. Most of us fall into several categories. My girl doesn't cook, if I go on the opinions of others I should just dump her. However, she has so many other great qualities. Besides I'm the cook...lol...We need it edible. When it's her time to cook, there's a nice chinese menu on the fridge..lol..

Anyways, It's getting a little irritating to think that we can pidgeon hole the sexes into one or two categories. When it comes to decision making it's most times egual..Now, some things in my opinion will hold firmer and some hers. For instance, when it comes to fixing things, my input will most likely be regarded a little more soundly than hers..When it comes to fixing up the apartment, her opinion will be regarded a little more than mine. Some areas she controls and some I do. I could care less what color the drapes are. That's her department. Just as she could care less how to fix a leaky faucet-that one would be mine.Besides, more and more studies are proving that guys are just as "emotional" as women. But we've manipulated the massess into believing that men have to act a certain way, blah, blah, blah..It's just not so. Every strong relationship I see both partners have an opinion on matters. The idea that the guy runs the show just doesn't work. And why should it! Women are perfectly capable of making decisions too.

But this whole notion that guys can't be sensitive is nonsense. We have evolved. It seems as if the op' would rather go back to the Archie bunker ways. Wife in the kitchen and the male (even if he's dumb as rocks) makes all the decisions..I just don't buy that.

Last edited by supermanpansy; 04-14-2012 at 10:34 AM..

Old 04-14-2012, 10:30 AM

1,904 posts, read 2,991,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
How do you feel about men who do what you described only because they don't want to smell dinner from 3 days ago in their living room?
Is there a more noble reason to do the dishes?

Quote:
I can't apologize for the way I was raised and that is a man should be the leader of his home.
That doesn't cut it. Just because you were raised that way doesn't necessarily make it right. If you have an underlying logical reason for your stance, please tell, because I, for one, am sick of people justifying their sexist ideologies on the grounds that they were raised that way.

Old 04-14-2012, 12:01 PM

2,006 posts, read 4,314,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging-Hetero View Post
Is there a more noble reason to do the dishes?

That doesn't cut it. Just because you were raised that way doesn't necessarily make it right. If you have an underlying logical reason for your stance, please tell, because I, for one, am sick of people justifying their sexist ideologies on the grounds that they were raised that way.
It's not sexist at all. The logical reason is that he was raised watching a pragmatic relationship where everyone had their needs met. There's more than enough documentation out there to show that this isn't the case in single parent households.

A man is the leader of his household. What's so hard to understand that men and women aren't equal? There's a functional cycle that completes itself in a healthy relationship. There's nothing wrong with this, to suggest otherwise would be like using a monkey wrench to try and screw in a light bulb. Everyone has a role, and to be honest as I've stated in other threads I've been with lots of women who had no problem cleaning and doing the dishes and keeping a pleasant atmosphere around my spot, like my current girl. I give her my affection and time and she has no problem cleaning up. Giving is receiving, but there's a whole schema out there from some feminist notions that being a female is wrong and emulating and projecting male attitudes is the norm. When I look at the divorce rates or family court pillages I can see where that's gotten things.

I have to say that most women who i've encountered who flip out at the notion of washing dishes or keeping a pleasant atmosphere..They're the type that want to have their cake and eat it too (and it literally shows).

Calto started this thread upon the grounds of too many men making passive aggressive and estrogen laden posts on this forum. I see the, I think they're a bit repulsive and hilarious at times but hey the road traveled by mangina's and white knight's only goes one way and it sure isn't redeemable.

Old 04-14-2012, 12:42 PM

349 posts, read 460,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzette View Post
You know what this post sounds like to me?

"Unga-bunga PACKAGE unga-bunga man unga-bunga man unga-bunga male unga-bunga man unga-bunga meat unga-bunga!"

Please. Those who squawk most about BEING A MAN UNGA-BUNGA are usually the ones with the smallest cajones and the ones most threatened by strong women. If they were that secure, they wouldn't be on here whining like beta menlet. They wouldn't feel the need to prove themselves or cut other men down.

And so, a dedication:

Now lick my boots.
Your post is too funny. I can't get the picture of cavemen out my head now. Rep for you.

Old 04-14-2012, 01:45 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,291,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caltovegas View Post
My theme song for the ladies.
You're on C-D too much to make the young women squeal. Just saying.

Old 04-14-2012, 01:53 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,291,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wordlife View Post
What's so hard to understand that men and women aren't equal? There's a functional cycle that completes itself in a healthy relationship. There's nothing wrong with this, to suggest otherwise would be like using a monkey wrench to try and screw in a light bulb. Everyone has a role...
I can tell you this much: Men like you are definitely not the equal of women like me. You have to evolve a few rungs, first. In the meantime, your role is to lick my boots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaffeGal View Post
Your post is too funny. I can't get the picture of cavemen out my head now. Rep for you.
Thanks. Snark is the only way to respond to such stupidity, as it's not worth taking seriously.

Old 04-14-2012, 01:58 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,221,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wordlife View Post
A man is the leader of his household. What's so hard to understand that men and women aren't equal? There's a functional cycle that completes itself in a healthy relationship. There's nothing wrong with this, to suggest otherwise would be like using a monkey wrench to try and screw in a light bulb.
This cracks me up when there are millions of us giddily bucking these roles with delirious happiness. Thank goodness my husband is a real man and does not need to be held up by visions of his lofty role. I love living in a round (headless) household.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships