Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2012, 04:52 PM

391 posts, read 689,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caltovegas View Post

Women do not want some sensitive man who needs input from others to make a decisions.
Most if not all women these days want a man who will be a sharing
partner... rather than a boss.

I still have the BBQ grill to boss around. :-)

Old 04-13-2012, 04:55 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,230,451 times
Quote:
One person thinking as an individual and the other thinking as a couple won't work. A man has to have the knowledge and wisdom to be able to make decisions that are in the best interest of the family because at the end of the day it's on him.
Because we poor "girls" are to vacant to understand how to make a decision. I faint!

Give me a break.

Old 04-13-2012, 05:00 PM

5,139 posts, read 12,739,074 times
Quote:
One person thinking as an individual and the other thinking as a couple won't work. A man has to have the knowledge and wisdom to be able to make decisions that are in the best interest of the family because at the end of the day it's on him.

A person who has the mindset of an individual may not be a good candidate for marriage.

Well that may be the smartest I ever saw come from the tips of your fingers.

LOL

No..I don't want a sissy. I don't mesh well with them at all.

Quote:
It's time for a PACKAGE CHECK.. What is it today with all these men with self-esteem and no back bone issues?

A man is the head of the household. It is his responsibility to provide and protect the family that's the way it is. When did the wussification of the male officially take effect.

Women do not want some sensitive man who needs input from others to make a decisions. Women feel free to chime in and let men know you want men to be men.

Once men take their rightful position in the relationship society will become much better. Fire up the barbecue and cook some meat
Dude...you had your chance for thousands of years. Looking back...I am NOT seeing a bang up job.

Anyway...

Good Man:
- Loyal
- can pay the bills
- is healthy
- can speak his mind and not be threatened by others doing the same
- intelligent enough to know you need vegetables
- not a whiner about how females are making them less manly
- realizes the strength it takes to communicate and compromise for the best of all around him. Any good king takes care of his kingdom. A tyrant only sees one need - his.
- treats women well
- makes other women jealous of his girl and not the other way around
- not afraid of anything: commitment or not, babies or not, giving opinions, having to put his foot down on certain things, going for that career, confronting his enemies, compromise, agreeing to disagree and vegetables.

Old 04-13-2012, 05:03 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,230,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
- not a whiner about how females are making them less manly
This.
[/quote]
Has character and integrity and does not compromise them for silly stuff like stereos ... or whatever their "toy" is. Someone his kids can be proud of. Has a sense of humor that disarms his wife's most foul mood.

Old 04-13-2012, 05:03 PM

788 posts, read 1,274,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
OK, I'm chiming in. I do want a thoughtful, sensitive guy. That doesn't mean someone who can't make a decision, though. I do want a guy who asks me my opinion on decisions that affect us both, and who takes my opinion seriously. I also like guys who can take direction from me, if we're working on a project that relates to my space or my needs. Reorganizing or redecorating something in my home or office, for example (if we don't live together). I expect to be an equal partner in the couple. I don't need a boss.

Another example: if we have pooled our resources and have financial investments, I wouldn't be ok with him making unilateral decisions about moving those investments around. Since I have a lot of experience with investing, I'd expect (require, actually) that we make those decisions together. If he doesn't have much experience in that sphere, then it would make the most sense to put me in charge. In whatever his area of expertise was, he'd be in charge. Two parts of a whole, working together, contributing their own unique talents to the team. It's about teamwork, not a dictatorship based on gender.

Men who are confident in their masculinity are ok with that. They don't have a need to go around proving they "wear the pants" in the family. It's not "wussification", it's maturity.
I agree 100%.

Old 04-13-2012, 05:14 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,238,748 times
Quote:
It's time for a PACKAGE CHECK.. What is it today with all these men with self-esteem and no back bone issues?

A man is the head of the household. It is his responsibility to provide and protect the family that's the way it is. When did the wussification of the male officially take effect.

Women do not want some sensitive man who needs input from others to make a decisions. Women feel free to chime in and let men know you want men to be men.

Once men take their rightful position in the relationship society will become much better. Fire up the barbecue and cook some meat.
Hmmm... I somewhat agree with what you are saying. I'm definitely sick of all the whining I see on here! And I'm glad that my husband is who he is. He has a kick ass BBQ and he loves to grill! But we are definitely partners. We make all our big decisions together. When we make these decisions - we both have our say and listen to the other person as well. It's not like he just goes along with whatever I like or he does what he wants to no matter what I think - it's all about balance. But he is definitely a confident, smart, manly man - and I couldn't be happier!

Old 04-13-2012, 09:05 PM

2,094 posts, read 3,665,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
A man grilling steaks at the BBQ is pretty sexy...

A man cleaning up the kitchen and doing the dishes after is even sexier!

Old 04-13-2012, 09:08 PM

36,795 posts, read 31,094,405 times
Quote:

A person who has the mindset of an individual may not be a good candidate for marriage.
you can retain your individuality and still be a couple. It is no longer placed on the man to to make the decisions for the family and it is not all on him never has been. Times have changed. Women, wheather you want to belive it or not, have taken the responsbility of making decisions and financially supporting families. In todays society both women and men financially and otherwise make decisions on familiy dynanics.

Old 04-13-2012, 09:24 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,298,587 times
Quote:

Once men take their rightful position in the relationship society will become much better. Fire up the barbecue and cook some meat.
You know what this post sounds like to me?

"Unga-bunga PACKAGE unga-bunga man unga-bunga man unga-bunga male unga-bunga man unga-bunga meat unga-bunga!"

Please. Those who squawk most about BEING A MAN UNGA-BUNGA are usually the ones with the smallest cajones and the ones most threatened by strong women. If they were that secure, they wouldn't be on here whining like beta menlet. They wouldn't feel the need to prove themselves or cut other men down.

And so, a dedication:

[youtube]t7Y0I91rubg[/youtube]

Now lick my boots.

Old 04-13-2012, 09:42 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,780,352 times
Lol I'm a man, and I like being a sensitive person...not a weakness but a potential strength, IMHO

Not saying that more traditionally-masculine men are bad, either...different strokes for different folks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships