Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What You Seek in a Partner
Emotional 9 37.50%
Intimacy 13 54.17%
Physically - Looks 7 29.17%
Physically - Sexual 9 37.50%
Emotionally 8 33.33%
Spiritually 6 25.00%
Communication 15 62.50%
Listening skills 11 45.83%
Security - Financialy 11 45.83%
Security - Other 7 29.17%
Loyalty 14 58.33%
Honesty 14 58.33%
Humorous 15 62.50%
Respectful 15 62.50%
Intelectual 11 45.83%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2012, 07:57 PM

733 posts, read 1,664,906 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by expect View Post
women want everything above. literally everything at once. and since no man can provide all those things, they will SHARE themselves.

always remember, a woman will never be satisfied. she will share herself amongst men to meet all those needs.
Are you out of your mind? "Share"? Have some respect for women.

Old 04-13-2012, 07:58 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,192,291 times
Quote:
dewdrop i've shared women- and i know women who have shared themselves.
one woman i shared was already in a relationship and didnt tell me until about 2 months after. we hadn't talked about being 'exclusive' so i was like whatever. i continued to share her but remained emotionally disconnected while her poor boyfriend thought she was loyal. she would talk to him while she was in my car and end convos with "love u baby"..

women in relationships will give out their number to men- because they may believe that he has more to offer than their current partner. its a fact of life. if a man is persistent enough he can land a woman in a relationship. women have needs like men have needs. so a woman will share herself amongst men to satisfy these insatiable needs- be it status, sex or anything else.

you say you wouldnt share yourself but if your husband for instance beat you or sucked in bed, you would probably share yourself too i bet.
If my husband beat me or sucked in bed - I wouldn't share myself with someone else - I would be with my husband in the first place. Why on earth would I stay with someone who beat me or sucked in bed? I wouldn't! I wouldn't have married someone like that in the first place.

Perhaps you should say "some women" do the things you are talking about because it certainly is not what the majority of women do. My friend was dating a guy for months before she found out he was engaged - and yet, I don't say, "Men have relationships with many women at one time - even if they are engaged. They get engaged and then they look for another girlfriend." I don't say this because it's not true. This may be true for some men - and what you say may be true for some women - but it is surely not indicative of the behavior of all women.

I don't share myself. End of story. If I couldn't get all I wanted out of one man - I would move on and find another. I get everything I need from my husband.

Old 04-13-2012, 07:58 PM

Quote:
a woman may be in a relationship with a man who provides her with security/love/trust... but he's a dead log in the sack... she will not remain loyal so she will share herself... she will make him a cuckold.. but continue to tell him she loves him (which may be true) but at the same time she is letting another man plow her out.

or a woman may be in a relationship with a man who ignores her completely.. she needs attention and thus she will share herself with 1 or more men in order to feel appreciated and valued. these men are innocent, they may think they are her boyfriend.. she will share herself because she is human and her needs, whatever they may be, must be shared.
That might be YOUR experience with women, you should've added a disclaimer before you make such absurd generalizations.

Old 04-13-2012, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Some people choose to slow down ... or not to date. Since single moms are excluded because I don't have anything in common with them and not because it's a judgment as to what transpired, it narrows down the choices, and it's really not worth the trouble.
Yes - I get it. You are single by choice. You want to have nothing to do with women. Yet - you post on the relationship forum. And you know what women want.

Old 04-13-2012, 08:05 PM

1,807 posts, read 3,326,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetlilac View Post
That might be YOUR experience with women, you should've added a disclaimer before you make such absurd generalizations.
relax. i didnt say 100% of women. i said most women. you aren't most women. if you don't share yourself then good for you, you're in the minority.
there are countless threads in this forum where women admit to sharing themselves. go look at the 'dating multiple people at once' thread, women are there openly admitting to sharing themselves amongst several men.

it's not a big deal. and no i don't think all women do it.

Old 04-13-2012, 08:07 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,396,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Yes - I get it. You are single by choice. You want to have nothing to do with women. Yet - you post on the relationship forum. And you know what women want.
And so are many others, once they see what the market holds. Correct, not interested in most women who have "hit the wall."

Once again, married folks playing the superiority trump card on singles. They all do this, despite that the true status of their marriages is not transparent.

Old 04-13-2012, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
And so are many others, once they see what the market holds. Correct, not interested in most women who have "hit the wall."

Once again, married folks playing the superiority trump card on singles. They all do this, despite that the true status of their marriages is not transparent.
My point wasn't that I'm superior because I'm married. My point was - why do you spend so much time posting on the relationship forum if you aren't interested in a relationship? And why do you think you know what women want when you aren't even dating one?

The true status of my marriage is not transparent? I'm happily married - I don't know why you would think otherwise. I don't say anything to disparage men or marriage or even single people or anything. I only try to fight against the gender bashing. And I fight against man bashing as well as woman bashing.

Old 04-13-2012, 08:20 PM

Quote:
relax. i didnt say 100% of women. i said most women. you aren't most women. if you don't share yourself then good for you, you're in the minority.
there are countless threads in this forum where women admit to sharing themselves. go look at the 'dating multiple people at once' thread, women are there openly admitting to sharing themselves amongst several men.

it's not a big deal. and no i don't think all women do it.
I'm not most women, but I bet I know more women than you do. I don't know where you live, but I'm from the planet where most women are faithful and only the minority "shares" themselves. It's called Earth.

Dating multiple people doesn't equal being in relationships with multiple people. Having coffees and lunch and getting to know a few guys to test the waters isn't "sharing" themselves. Heck, if a single girl drops all potential love interests because one guy casually asks to have coffee with her, then she's the one with issues.

Old 04-13-2012, 08:21 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,212,015 times
Quote:
a woman may be in a relationship with a man who provides her with security/love/trust... but he's a dead log in the sack... she will not remain loyal so she will share herself... she will make him a cuckold.. but continue to tell him she loves him (which may be true) but at the same time she is letting another man plow her out.

or a woman may be in a relationship with a man who ignores her completely.. she needs attention and thus she will share herself with 1 or more men in order to feel appreciated and valued. these men are innocent, they may think they are her boyfriend.. she will share herself because she is human and her needs, whatever they may be, must be shared.
In other news, most of the western world is not trailer/ghetto trash. I know, shocking, but it's the truth.

Old 04-13-2012, 08:24 PM

1,807 posts, read 3,326,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetlilac View Post
Most women isn't accurate either. I don't know where you live, but I'm from the planet where most women are faithful and only the minority "shares" themselves. It's called Earth.

Dating multiple people doesn't equal being in relationships with multiple people. Having coffees and lunch and getting to know a few guys to test the waters isn't "sharing" themselves. Heck, if a single girl drops all potential love interests because one guy casually asks to have coffee with her, then she's the one with issues.
how old are you, like 70? lol i bet you still think women these days wait til marriage to have sex, or make the man wait months before sex.

you're either really old or live in some unknown town in wyoming... and let me tell you about modern women in their 20's.. they know what they want and will stop at nothing to get it. women have been "empowered" and the term i use is "sharing themselves" which means they make the decision to be shared.

dating is almost synonymous with having sex to women in their 20's which is what i know. i dont know about teenagers or women in their 30's. i do women in their 20's. women are sharing themselves with men, face the facts. its not 1920 anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships