Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2012, 10:55 AM

230 posts, read 315,561 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordlife View Post
This is pretty comical to me but it's all too obvious.

in your mid-late 20's guys didn't find it unreasonable to get to know you then because you were younger and your looks probably hadn't approached the cliff yet. Men aren't willing to put in that much effort with a woman in her 30's the way they would a woman in her early-mid 20's.

Listen to your intuition, lower your expectations and work on how you look that'll provide you with a good roi.
I totally disagree. Women in their 30s don't look much different from late 20s. And in many cases, they look better in their 30s. I'm in my early 30s and I look the best I've ever looked so far and slimmer. Besides as I've become wiser, I've realized that it's really not a looks or age thing with some men anymore. If a man's hitting on you to begin with then he obviously finds you attractive. If he's looking for a quick roll in the hay, he'll move on if he senses that you're not that girl - Looks or age aside.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2012, 10:58 AM

230 posts, read 315,561 times
Quote:
your looks probably hadn't approached the cliff yet.
This makes me LOL that you actually think looks "approach the cliff" at 30. But then again, I probably thought the same thing when I was 19. LOL

Old 04-15-2012, 10:59 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
Whenever you lower your expectations, you set yourself up for failure.

Has anyone ever been happy when they settled?

Old 04-15-2012, 11:19 AM

2,006 posts, read 4,308,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gymRAT3311 View Post
I totally disagree. Women in their 30s don't look much different from late 20s.

I really can't stop laughing.

Old 04-15-2012, 11:45 AM

688 posts, read 897,593 times
Quote:
This is pretty comical to me but it's all too obvious.

in your mid-late 20's guys didn't find it unreasonable to get to know you then because you were younger and your looks probably hadn't approached the cliff yet. Men aren't willing to put in that much effort with a woman in her 30's the way they would a woman in her early-mid 20's.

Listen to your intuition, lower your expectations and work on how you look that'll provide you with a good roi.
I like how you attempt to speak for all men.

I'd put forth the same effort to get to know a 35 year old woman than I would a 25 year old woman. OP, there are plenty of men out there who respect women enough to not push for sex until she's comfortable with it. There's no reason to change anything unless you're unhappy with yourself, not to have a competition with your friends (unless that's your thing). I'm a guy who shares the same quality as yourself, imagine what I hear on a day to day basis. I'm expected to attempt to rip your panties off after the first date, just ask wordlife. It's what all guys do, apparently.

As someone already said, go about your business as usual. If someone is disinterested after a small amount of dates and not getting any, it's their loss.

Old 04-15-2012, 01:32 PM

178 posts, read 376,244 times
Quote:
Men aren't willing to put in that much effort with a woman in her 30's the way they would a woman in her early-mid 20's.
This is correct. Just like women dont want to waste time dating a guy with no relationship potential, guys over 30 are experienced enough to make a quicker assessment if a girl has relationship or sex potential. He is bailing out if neither.

But if there is relationship potential, he wants to confirm by checking out the sex part, and waiting too long for it is also a clue. Older guys are not going to hang around indefinitely until you figure out if they are good enough for you. Not saying you gotta put out ASAP, but be more aware of the guys perspective.

Last edited by bignutz; 04-15-2012 at 01:55 PM..

Old 04-15-2012, 01:37 PM

1,505 posts, read 1,810,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesthebass View Post
As someone already said, go about your business as usual. If someone is disinterested after a small amount of dates and not getting any, it's their loss.

I agree. No need to lower your expectations. Do what works for you. If he leaves because of no sex, then he wasn't really that into you.

Old 04-15-2012, 03:11 PM

10,349 posts, read 13,947,673 times
Never lower your expectations and figure that you are less likely to have a disease than those who are "having more fun" because they've lowered theirs.

Old 04-15-2012, 04:00 PM

2,152 posts, read 3,398,636 times
do ur friends really feel good about being used for sex?

Old 04-15-2012, 06:52 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,734,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetlilac View Post
I totally understand what you are saying, it's like being hard to get doesn't fly anymore. I'm really not comfortable sleeping with a guy until exclusivity, most of them try to invite me over after 3 dates and get disappointed when I suggest going somewhere else.

I agree. I noticed also they seem to have a '3 date marker' or whatever. People jumping into bed after 3,4, or even 5 dates. Anyways, I wasn't about to fall for that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships