Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 02:26 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,741,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Not to kick you when you're down, but I really wouldn't want to be out there right now. I'm low 40's and IDK, it seems like it would be rough to meet quality women.

I don't want to hang out in some dive bar, and I'm too old for the clubs. I'd probably just give the online dating thing a try, although, there's a million threads here on CD about how bad that sucks too.
I think SeaOfGrass would kick your butt if you started dating
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2012, 02:27 PM

1,818 posts, read 2,685,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletus Awreetus-Awrightus View Post
You can't meet quality women?

Very funny

Old 04-16-2012, 02:28 PM

5,987 posts, read 10,472,793 times
Dating is a numbers game. Especially with online dating. 95% of the possibles are not worth your time, so focus on learning how to find the 5% or less who are. Quality men attract quality women, so with a good profile, they will probably find you. Enjoy the process, be patient, and you will reach your goal, whatever that may be.

Old 04-16-2012, 02:31 PM

52,282 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
I think SeaOfGrass would kick your butt if you started dating
LOL, there's always that......

Old 04-16-2012, 02:44 PM

348 posts, read 550,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjawalt View Post
So, my marriage may be at a cross roads, it happens in all marriages and we may get through it, or not. Both want each other to be happy but happiness together may no longer be a viable option. Who knows, but we have no kids and I starting to face the reality of possibly being single again. I was single until my mid-30s and had a great bachelorhood, so the possiblity of getting some of that liberty and lifestyle back has peaked my curiousity. But now I'm in my 40s and see me still being single into my early 50s since I won't be so eager to jump the broom again for various reasons, as you can imagine.

Can any of you guys tell me what it's like being single and dating again for this age group? Women can chime in too since getting your feedback could likewise be useful. And, yes, I intend on dating younger women but I'm also open to dating women with children too. Thoughts?

Thanks!
If you are in good shape, look reasonably good, and have at least a decent job, you should be just fine...especially if you are in SoCal.

Your (ex)-wife is going to have it much tougher. So at least you have that.

Old 04-16-2012, 02:55 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,643,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
He'll find out! Amazing... It doesn't sound like they have any major problems. They must be just "bored" with each other (or just he with her...) and think the grass is oh, soooo green and glossy over the septic tank!
Many beautiful wild flowers grow, over the septic tank...

Old 04-16-2012, 02:58 PM

270 posts, read 409,578 times
So let's see ... before you even separate, you're mentally planning your dating life, and ... let's see ... you "intend on dating younger women but I'm also open to dating women with children too." How very open-minded of you. We women are SOOOOO thrilled to hear that you might be available. <snort>

Old 04-16-2012, 03:02 PM

102,212 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
You're not kidding.
"Quality" women are everywhere. Just talk to them. Forget about looking them up in some online catalogue. Talk to the women who cross your path from day to day. You won't know who's "quality" until you talk to them and get to know them.

I read an advice column where a guy in his 50's said that his dating experience at 50, after a divorce, was one of the best times of his life. He said he dated an author, a former beauty queen, a court judge, a lawyer, a lot of fascinating women. (It helped that he was emotionally mature enough to want to date women his age.) He didn't share how he met all these women, maybe that was his trade secret. But there are plenty of women like that out there.

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 04-16-2012 at 03:11 PM..

Old 04-16-2012, 04:52 PM

150 posts, read 250,944 times
Thanks all for your input. I know for many dating sucks in general, doesn't matter the age group but I also I know that there is a self-improvement component to it, so I just wanted to get some feedback.

Old 04-16-2012, 05:07 PM

4,862 posts, read 7,964,579 times
Here's my two cents. If the marriage is salvageable then I hope it works out. If you do hit the dating world just be exciting and live life. There are many bored to death single women walking around looking for a man to share some time with. Some of them even have a good amount of money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships