Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2012, 09:49 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,184,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Himain,
So if men don’t approach you it is because you are too beautiful for them and intimidating, right? Even if a guy tells you that you are not attractive and/or interesting, you just won’t accept it and think he is lying to you, right?

Sometimes I wonder if it is difficult for women to see that not everybody in the world will find them pretty and/or smart and therefore not approach them the whole night.

Don't go lumping us all into that narcissistic rat's nest that she exhibits. Most of us are a little more self aware.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2012, 09:56 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,278,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
Don't go lumping us all into that narcissistic rat's nest that she exhibits. Most of us are a little more self aware.
Cool. So let me ask you. If you go to a party, bar, club, etc. and no man whatsoever even glances at you would you accept it that you simply don't seem attractive and interesting to the guys around you without thinking that they are intimidated, gay, have a girlfriend, had a bad day, etc.?

Old 04-23-2012, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Cool. So let me ask you. If you go to a party, bar, club, etc. and no man whatsoever even glances at you would you accept it that you simply don't seem attractive and interesting to the guys around you without thinking that they are intimidated, gay, have a girlfriend, had a bad day, etc.?
I know my strengths, weaknesses and flaws and the vibes I'm giving out. I know I'm not going to be everyone's cup of tea and they aren't going to be for me either. I believe true confidence exists when you don't have to 'sell' yourself to other people or find excuses with everyone else than yourself. True confidence comes with the saying - less said, best said or it is best to leave others to determine what your good qualities are without you having to tell them.

Old 04-23-2012, 10:15 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,278,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
I know my strengths, weaknesses and flaws and the vibes I'm giving out. I know I'm not going to be everyone's cup of tea and they aren't going to be for me either. I believe true confidence exists when you don't have to 'sell' yourself to other people or find excuses with everyone else than yourself. True confidence comes with the saying - less said, best said or it is best to leave others to determine what your good qualities are without you having to tell them.
That’s cool Thursday007, well said. You are probably the only one so far or one of the very few women at least in this thread who admits that you won’t be hot and interesting to every guy who crosses your path. When you are confident about yourself and what makes you the woman that you are I don’t think you will have to rely on showing skin, cleavage, legs, or some fake tough attitude to attract men.

Old 04-23-2012, 10:27 AM

Quote:
That’s cool Thursday007, well said. You are probably the only one so far or one of the very few women at least in this thread who admits that you won’t be hot and interesting to every guy who crosses your path. When you are confident about yourself and what makes you the woman that you are I don’t think you will have to rely on showing skin, cleavage, legs, or some fake tough attitude to attract men.

I'm no prude, but I know those tactics only work to attract a certain type of man or for a limited use type of man. Usually, the wrong type. I've always preferred quality over quantity myself. A woman can be attractive and sexy without all that - usually even more so. Those tactics you describe usually backfire to a significant degree if it's overboard. I also have enough confidence I can see other women somewhere with someone and saying (without any sexual undertones), "Now she's very pretty." Or something to that effect, but it's never for the reasons you listed above. Simply the way a woman carries herself, smiles or walks can be the most telling about their confidence and attractiveness. I would have to say that description applies to men as well.

Old 04-24-2012, 05:53 AM

Old 04-24-2012, 09:23 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,054,732 times
Quote:
Himain,
So if men don’t approach you it is because you are too beautiful for them and intimidating, right? Even if a guy tells you that you are not attractive and/or interesting, you just won’t accept it and think he is lying to you, right?

Sometimes I wonder if it is difficult for women to see that not everybody in the world will find them pretty and/or smart and therefore not approach them the whole night.
Some of them, the narcissistic ones.

For me it's mostly because I tend to 'like' women a little too easily, but also because I fear I feel inadequate because I'm not her 'type' (I was going to say 'league' but I don't really like that term).

Old 04-24-2012, 09:36 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,165,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Some of them, the narcissistic ones.

For me it's mostly because I tend to 'like' women a little too easily, but also because I fear I feel inadequate because I'm not her 'type' (I was going to say 'league' but I don't really like that term).
Aw, don't ever feel inadequate. Just because you aren't someone's type doesn't mean that you are inadequate or that there is anything wrong with you. Sometimes I have gotten hit on by men that obviously thought they were God's gift to women - and I knew that as soon as I opened my mouth and let the goofy out - they would be running for the hills!

About this thread - all I can say is that if all men are too intimidated by pretty women to hit on them - I must be ugly! I get hit on by bums sometimes! Apparently - I'm not intimidating to anybody!

But like I said before - I think the intimidating factor and the pretty factor are two separate things that can go hand in hand but don't necessarily.

Old 04-24-2012, 09:41 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,507,237 times
I have never heard a guy say that they are god's gift to women, it is a myth. Do you have any proof?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Aw, don't ever feel inadequate. Just because you aren't someone's type doesn't mean that you are inadequate or that there is anything wrong with you. Sometimes I have gotten hit on by men that obviously thought they were God's gift to women - and I knew that as soon as I opened my mouth and let the goofy out - they would be running for the hills!

About this thread - all I can say is that if all men are too intimidated by pretty women to hit on them - I must be ugly! I get hit on by bums sometimes! Apparently - I'm not intimidating to anybody!

But like I said before - I think the intimidating factor and the pretty factor are two separate things that can go hand in hand but don't necessarily.

Old 04-24-2012, 10:10 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,054,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post

That's true. There are some women who give off an air of unapproachability - even if they aren't God's gift to men. This may be body language, or even the way they dress. Then there are women who are absolutely gorgeous but in an understated way, and they don't 'put on airs' as they used to say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships