Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2019, 10:42 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,576,036 times

Advertisements

I had a long dream last night about my first love, and now I have been depressed all day. Oh, his smile in the dream was so real, and it brought me back to the distant past, when we first fell in love.

Why am I so down? Is it because the first love hits us the hardest? Why can’t I forget about him after so many years?

We broke up entirely because of my stupidity. It was my fault. Now, I have a loving marriage with two beautiful children, but why do I still wonder what my life would be if we were still together? Why do I feel I am missing something in my life? Is it because I have never had the chance to make amends with him?

I spent the whole morning trying to find any information about him, but I found none. Just typing his name makes me sad and makes me regret.

Sorry for the rant. Just feel sad and can’t sleep. Rationally, I know it is wrong but ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2019, 10:51 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,975,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
I had a long dream last night about my first love, and now I have been depressed all day. Oh, his smile in the dream was so real, and it brought me back to the distant past, when we first fell in love.

Why am I so down? Is it because the first love hits us the hardest? Why can’t I forget about him after so many years?

We broke up entirely because of my stupidity. It was my fault. Now, I have a loving marriage with two beautiful children, but why do I still wonder what my life would be if we were still together? Why do I feel I am missing something in my life? Is it because I have never had the chance to make amends with him?

I spent the whole morning trying to find any information about him, but I found none. Just typing his name makes me sad and makes me regret.

Sorry for the rant. Just feel sad and can’t sleep. Rationally, I know it is wrong but ...
... buuuuuuit you just wanna obsess about him for a little while??

Old 12-07-2019, 11:30 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,351,403 times
People in happy marriages don’t think about old love ones this way.

Something is missing in your marriage.

Old 12-08-2019, 02:44 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,236,853 times
no wonder men die first..... you estrogen creatures are soooo squirrely at times..

you have two kids??? in a good marriage????

this same boy you think of …..that gave you a smile...you have no idea whatever would have happened he could have beat on you cheated on you …..drove drunk....and on and on and on .

you are on a road to sabotage yourself...…. you need to clear this up or you will start throwing emotional grenades at your husband and one day blurt out "you aren't happy" and blame the good hubby ….

are things going too well?? are you bored?????? are you waiting for another shoe to drop??

wake up princess.....you have two kids two blessings and a decent hubby ...appreciate what you got …..
if you pursue this boy and meet with him you are cheating not only on your hubby but your family...….your kids and this makes you one selfish.. self centered ***** … that could easily tear your family apart

once you have kids you can never regret …… never ever ever that guy could be in prison could be a wife beater a drunk you don't know....let the dead dog die...leave it alone

Old 12-08-2019, 04:41 AM

7,596 posts, read 4,166,702 times
You are choosing to think about it and this results in those 'feelings' of missing out. Instead of thinking about it, just do it with your husband. He stuck with you and chances are you made similar mistakes.

Old 12-08-2019, 08:00 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,576,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elyn02 View Post
You are choosing to think about it and this results in those 'feelings' of missing out. Instead of thinking about it, just do it with your husband. He stuck with you and chances are you made similar mistakes.
As I said, rationally, I know this. I couldn’t ask for more for my life, and I am very blessed with everything.

Hope this is just a small episode and I will past it in a few days.

Old 12-08-2019, 08:02 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,975,596 times
Quote:
As I said, rationally, I know this. I couldn’t ask for more for my life, and I am very blessed with everything.

Hope this is just a small episode and I will past it in a few days.
Step one to get past it is to stop taking active steps to think about him, like looking him up online. Whenever you find your brain going there, go to your husband and give him a hug, or send him a sweet text.

Old 12-09-2019, 08:56 AM

52,290 posts, read 52,723,379 times
I wonder how much of this is just an escape from the sorta boring day to day doldrums we all have, school, work, kids, the laundry list of things that have to get done, the sorta boring day to day stuff. This guy might just be a fantasy or escape, all of the things we hear about.

Like others have said, don't dwell on it. Kind of a boring answer, but probably the most basic one we can give.

Old 12-09-2019, 09:08 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,795,818 times
After my divorce I had a dream that the ex wanted to get back together with me. I was not going to have any part of it. She was evidently crying and begging. I agreed to meet knowing full well I was not going to show up.

It is just a dream. Don’t read too much in to it. The dream might bring back memories. It also your mind getting to you think about the “what if” of what could have been. Nothing more. It would be a chance to reflect on your actions and use it as a means of learning and growth.

Nothing more.

Old 12-09-2019, 09:39 AM

9,301 posts, read 8,352,087 times
Quote:

I think it's the regret you feel because you blame yourself for how things panned out. There is nothing you can do about the past. And after many years, people change. If you were to catch up with him now, there is a huge chance that you wouldn't want him anymore.

This admittedly can be tough and tricky to deal with. You have something good with your current marriage and two children. Highly valuable. Just make sure you don't make any mistakes this time around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships