Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2012, 01:38 PM

1,715 posts, read 2,837,585 times

Advertisements

Welcome to the best place for sugar daddy dating online for free
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2012, 07:28 AM

2 posts, read 4,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipod99 View Post
I'm a 27 year old college student. I'm looking for women around my age between 18-32, preferably also college students or at least someone that doesn't have a bachelor's yet. And I'm looking to date outside my race. Considering those factors, what dating website would you recommend that's legit?

I've already tried POF a few times and caught nothing of interest. I've also tried OKC, but I don't like that one and refuse to use it again. Interracialmatch doesn't have very many profiles for my area. A few years ago I was on true, and got some replies, but no dates. But I've also heard that certain sites use fake profiles just to get ppl to give away their money.
Try [url]www.meet4dates.com[/url] it is free and has just launched.

While there are many paid and free sites out there, many of them use the same profiles over and over again and while maybe not entirely fake, the profiles are recycled there are sites where if you are starting a dating site you can buy profiles to pad out your site to make it more appealing to new users. While in theory it is a great idea when you pad out a site with profiles of people who do not know they are members of your site then your users will not get responses or any interaction and your site will die. So unlike other sites, [url]www.meet4dates.com[/url] was launched on the first of November completely empty and void of profiles. Until our site hits 1000 users all will enjoy full access to our site for free and then a small fee will apply to those that choose to continue their use of the site. I encourage to join or site check out and tell your friends.

Old 11-09-2012, 07:29 AM

2 posts, read 4,376 times
Default Look at Meet4Dates.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipod99 View Post
I'm a 27 year old college student. I'm looking for women around my age between 18-32, preferably also college students or at least someone that doesn't have a bachelor's yet. And I'm looking to date outside my race. Considering those factors, what dating website would you recommend that's legit?

I've already tried POF a few times and caught nothing of interest. I've also tried OKC, but I don't like that one and refuse to use it again. Interracialmatch doesn't have very many profiles for my area. A few years ago I was on true, and got some replies, but no dates. But I've also heard that certain sites use fake profiles just to get ppl to give away their money.
Try [url=http://www.meet4dates.com]Stats about all US cities - real estate, relocation info, crime, house prices, cost of living, races, home value estimator, recent sales, income, photos, schools, maps, weather, neighborhoods, and more[/url] it is free and has just launched.

While there are many paid and free sites out there, many of them use the same profiles over and over again and while maybe not entirely fake, the profiles are recycled there are sites where if you are starting a dating site you can buy profiles to pad out your site to make it more appealing to new users. While in theory it is a great idea when you pad out a site with profiles of people who do not know they are members of your site then your users will not get responses or any interaction and your site will die. So unlike other sites, [url=http://www.meet4dates.com]Stats about all US cities - real estate, relocation info, crime, house prices, cost of living, races, home value estimator, recent sales, income, photos, schools, maps, weather, neighborhoods, and more[/url] was launched on the first of November completely empty and void of profiles. Until our site hits 1000 users all will enjoy full access to our site for free and then a small fee will apply to those that choose to continue their use of the site. I encourage to join or site check out and tell your friends.

Old 11-09-2012, 09:28 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,732,835 times
Everyone has had a bad experience with at least one of them, no one is in agreement about the single best site.

Old 11-09-2012, 10:03 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,108,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WantToHaveALife View Post
is it true that the paid dating sites are better than the free dating sites? as in, Plentyoffish and OKCupid are not that good since they are free?
I've only ever used match.com but I know of people who have met decent people using the free sites. I think there are creeps on all of them. Match is 120 dollars for six months, so it's not like that's such a huge amount of money it deters people who aren't serious. I have a good friend who paid 2500 dollars to join the match making service called It's Just Lunch and I've had WAY better luck using Match than she's had despite the huge difference in money spent. Seems to be just a matter of luck to me.

Old 11-09-2012, 12:15 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,159,562 times
Well, I agree it's not that much of a waste of money, considering money spent at the bars on a month basis almost equals that amount, especially if you're buying drinks for mates. So in a way it could be considered a better investment.

Old 01-17-2013, 06:28 AM

5 posts, read 5,074 times
Default UK dating

You may visit UK Dating - Connecting UK Singles

It is a good UK dating website filled with a good number of UK singles. It has some cool new features and it is the cheapest of all UK dating websites I know of.

Try it out; I am sure you will enjoy it.

I wish you the best of luck.

Old 01-17-2013, 06:36 AM

633 posts, read 724,023 times
I use POF and OKC. Between the 2, I credit POF for unleashing the serial dater in me. LOL.

Old 01-17-2013, 07:23 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,605,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletus Awreetus-Awrightus View Post
well, basically works like this --

if I see a girl I'm even marginally attracted to, she'll probably flake on me, because of how many other guys are sending messages to the same handful of not-crazy, not-ugly chicks. This frustrates the hell out of me, because it's not that I screwed up, it's that I'm just playing a numbers game with extremely unfavorable numbers.

So I will still seek out "Plan B", girls I probably wouldn't date, but are interested in me. I will get to the point of asking them to meet up, and they say yes. At that point, unless I'm REALLY motivated by their personality, then I usually disappear.

It's a sick, twisted ego thing, but at least I can admit it, I guess? It helps me deal with the frustration of my own rejection. For a while, though, I was doing this without much self-understanding of why I did it. I rationalized it by thinking: Well, if these not-so-attractive girls show me that they have a great personality, then I'll actually go out with one of them. This "great personality" would obviously never materialize.
Its no different than real life dating, for a guy at the very least. It is also a numbers game with odds stacked against ya. I met my current GF on POF, and I spent only a couple of days with my profile up. I was also dating several girls in real life at that time but have since decided that the gift needs to be given to only one woman at this time. Your revenge flake method seems little whacky but I wont hold it against ya. The two days I spent on POF, I landed several dates and none have flaked on me. SO, while anyone can get flaked on, if it happened to me multiple times, Id probably start looking inward for a reason.

Old 01-17-2013, 07:37 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,605,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDoubt1993 View Post
What a crock! I have two older cousins (who were both under 25 at the time) who met their now-husbands on online dating sales (One was OKCupid, the other dating site was one that no longer exists...they've been married for 9 years and have three kids now!). Both women are beautiful, successful, and "normal." In fact, I think I might have to go set up a profile on one of these free sites just to see what happens. Why, you ask? I've been back in school (I'm a 2nd semester college sophomore) for a week, and have yet to see a guy on campus or in any of my classes who sparks any interest at all. I don't attend church regularly, so I'm not going to meet guys there. And I don't go to bars/clubs, so that's not an option (not that I'd meet any decent men at a bar anyway). And the only guys I see around the barn where I board my horse are guys who are there under court orders to do community service (definitely not getting anywhere near them). So why not try online dating? It might be fun. I'll have to report back on my experience.
Good Luck!. You are a pretty young girl, that seems pretty smart also but I hate to tell you, if there isnt a single guy in your school that intrests you, chances are your standards are way too high. Of course you are entitled to have any standards you want, but not too many of those who would want to be in relationship are satisfied with being single with sky high standards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships