Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you go away for a weekend with someone you are casually dating?
Yes 10 37.04%
Only if I wanted something more serious 6 22.22%
No 11 40.74%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 02:15 PM

41 posts, read 226,906 times

Advertisements

So, the guy I'm casually dating said something on our last date about how we should get away for a weekend. I've only taken weekend trips with people I am serious with. How many of you have taken weekend trips with someone you are just casually dating? It sounds fun, but I don't want him to think we are getting too serious by agreeing to go. If it makes a difference, we have been dating for about a month and a half. We agreed when we started dating that it would just be casual for now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2012, 02:30 PM

2,162 posts, read 3,364,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by indecisive09 View Post
So, the guy I'm casually dating said something on our last date about how we should get away for a weekend. I've only taken weekend trips with people I am serious with. How many of you have taken weekend trips with someone you are just casually dating? It sounds fun, but I don't want him to think we are getting too serious by agreeing to go. If it makes a difference, we have been dating for about a month and a half. We agreed when we started dating that it would just be casual for now.
There are some holes in your post. Have you already had sex? If not, I imagine this is what he wants.

Old 04-30-2012, 02:31 PM

Yes, we have already had sex so I know that isn't what he wants. We don't have sex every time we are together. Last time, he just wanted to cuddle in bed even though he definitely could have gotten more.

Old 04-30-2012, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Yes, we have already had sex so I know that isn't what he wants. We don't have sex every time we are together. Last time, he just wanted to cuddle in bed even though he definitely could have gotten more.
Well, I guess if you trust this person enough to allow him full access to your body without a committment, then I say go out of town.

Not trying to sound harsh, but if you care enough about your safety and well-being to ask this question, then why do you care so little about your sexual integrity?

Good luck either way~

Old 04-30-2012, 03:11 PM

Maybe I didn't word my question correctly. It isn't a matter of my safety and well-being. I trust him enough to go away with him. We even have a couple mutual friends. I'm asking if he is starting to think things are more serious between us since we agreed in the beginning things would be casual for now. In regards to my sexual integrity, I don't go around sleeping with just anyone. I'm not sleeping with anyone else nor do I plan to while I am sleeping with him. While things are just casual right now, he is someone I could potentially see myself getting serious with in the future.

Old 04-30-2012, 03:15 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,782,217 times
Quote:
Maybe I didn't word my question correctly. It isn't a matter of my safety and well-being. I trust him enough to go away with him. We even have a couple mutual friends. I'm asking if he is starting to think things are more serious between us since we agreed in the beginning things would be casual for now. In regards to my sexual integrity, I don't go around sleeping with just anyone. I'm not sleeping with anyone else nor do I plan to while I am sleeping with him. While things are just casual right now, he is someone I could potentially see myself getting serious with in the future.
No need to justify your sexual history with anyone.
My personal opinion is that as long as everyone involved is fine with having sex, go for it. It's of course better if it's protected.

Anyway, I digress.

I've never taken a weekend trip with someone I'm casually dating BUT I think it's possible to go on weekend trips and still keep it casual. I just see the trip as a way to have fun outside of one's everyday environment.

Old 04-30-2012, 03:31 PM

143 posts, read 192,789 times
Why are you so intent on this being just a casual relationship? Are you not sure about him? A month and a half is a pretty long time to be dating. I knew on the very first date with my now husband that he was The One. If it's been this long and you aren't sure about him yet, and you aren't excited about the idea of going on a trip with him...it sounds like he isn't really doing it for you. If that's the case, why keep this relationship going? You don't sound crazy about him.

Old 04-30-2012, 03:38 PM

Quote:
I hear you. Typically, men won't get serious with a girl who is too ready for sex in the early stages. You already set the bar low by saying it was going to be casual. I guess I am just really traditional in that arena. Plus I have seen it over and over...women open up their hearts via sex even though we don't want to admit it, then get hurt when the game changes.

Just food for thought. It's not about how many guys you may or may not sleep with. It's about not allowing that until you are already in a committment. And I am probably of a different generation that you. Girls don't care much anymore about waiting to be valued.

Old 04-30-2012, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
No need to justify your sexual history with anyone.
My personal opinion is that as long as everyone involved is fine with having sex, go for it. It's of course better if it's protected.

Anyway, I digress.

I've never taken a weekend trip with someone I'm casually dating BUT I think it's possible to go on weekend trips and still keep it casual. I just see the trip as a way to have fun outside of one's everyday environment.
I was not asking her to justify anything to me. I was hoping she might make wise choices and question her own intentions.

Old 04-30-2012, 03:45 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,104,160 times
The OP asked for opinions on taking a trip with someone she's casually dating, not for commentary on her sexual choices. Judgmental much? Not all of us wait for years before having sex with someone.

In the scheme of things a month and a half isn't that long. There's nothing wrong with starting off slow and seeing how things pan out.

OP, do you want to go on the trip? I think if you want to go then you should go. If you don't or you think it's too soon then politely decline. If you're worried you could always touch base with him on where he thinks you're at in the relationship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships