Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 01:22 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,764,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southshorelady View Post
Did you ever consider the possibility that the OP could possibly find a woman he loves? His chances are slimmer if he takes on a child since many women won't want to be step-mom.
(Refering to bolded potion above.) Extremely unlikely, at this point in my life -- if that had been meant to happen, it would have already happened. Still in early-30's, but will be approaching mid-30's soon. Statistically throughout my life thus far, close to almost 100% of women are simply not attracted to me, in the romantic sense...always been that way; I don't really see that changing any time soon...

Quote:
Even if he did do what you said, this child would have a MOTHER. The poor kid may have to endure visitation and all the other junk that comes with divorce (a shame to be sure), but the child would still have MOM. Something you seem to be completely dismissing.....
Can a father not successfully fulfill or take on the mother parenting role and component though, if he had to, or genuinely wanted to? There are single fathers who have successfully raised children the same way a successful single mother would have, correct?

Last edited by Phoenix2017; 05-02-2012 at 01:36 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2012, 01:29 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,113,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ancient View Post
Ricky Martin adopted his kid didnt he? Let's see how that kid turns out when he finds out he's adopted, doesnt have a mommy, or that his daddy is both mommy and daddy, if you know what I mean.
How absolutely AWFUL. Being raised by someone who loves and cares for you and has the means to give you the best opportunities in life.

Old 05-02-2012, 01:33 PM

460 posts, read 672,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
Hmm so what's worse...not having a mother or waiting to find someone you love (which may never happen BTW) all the while aging and increasing the probability of birth defects and the likelihood that raising a child in old age will be detrimental to the child as well-especially as health and mobility will decline.

Edit: I would much rather have one stable parent then two unstable ones.
Apples and oranges again. How about having one unstable one vs two or two stable vs one stable. Let's consider those scenarios vs the skewed ones you keep referring to in order to bolster your argument.

Old 05-02-2012, 01:35 PM

155 posts, read 252,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
How absolutely AWFUL. Being raised by someone who loves and cares for you and has the means to give you the best opportunities in life.
Like Linday Lohan's family?

Old 05-02-2012, 01:42 PM

4,217 posts, read 7,304,948 times
Quote:
Apples and oranges again. How about having one unstable one vs two or two stable vs one stable. Let's consider those scenarios vs the skewed ones you keep referring to in order to bolster your argument.
Let's completely ignore my valid points made earlier in that post...

Old 05-02-2012, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight2009 View Post
(Refering to bolded potion above.) Extremely unlikely, at this point in my life -- if that had been meant to happen, it would have already happened. Still in early-30's, but will be approaching mid-30's soon. Statistically throughout my life thus far, close to almost 100% women are simply not attracted to me, in the romantic sense...always been that way; I don't really see that changing any time soon...

Can a father not successfully fulfill or take on the mother parenting role component though, if he had to, or genuinely wanted to? There are single fathers who have successfully raised children the same way a successful single mother would have, correct?
I'm sorry. No I don't believe he can. One person can't be two no matter what. You can be the best one parent but it's still not as good as two good parents. I'm just being honest.

Old 05-02-2012, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Let's completely ignore my valid points made earlier in that post...
I'm sorry I didn't see any worth responding to. I saw a lot more worst-case speculation in order to prove your point. I could counter with other speculative points but that's probably a waste of time.

Old 05-02-2012, 01:48 PM

Quote:
I'm sorry I didn't see any worth responding to. I saw a lot more worst-case speculation in order to prove your point. I could counter with other speculative points but that's probably a waste of time.
So lets just clarify. Because you didn't have a father and your mother was a nut-job that everyone should have the "perfect" family dynamic because it will help avoid the problems you faced? and additionally somehow create a higher standard for everyone to create a family by?

Old 05-02-2012, 01:53 PM

Quote:
So lets just clarify. Because you didn't have a father and your mother was a nut-job that everyone should have the "perfect" family dynamic because it will help avoid the problems you faced? and additionally somehow create a higher standard for everyone to create a family by?
Wow. Nut job. Real nice.

Anyway, to counter, I suppose that because your dad was an abusive turd, all two parent families will be miserable places full of arguing and abuse? So we should all just do whatever we want because life stinks anyway. Maybe I should tell my kids to strive for Cs in school because that's what most people get.

I will reiterate my point. All things equal ( that means normal parents in both scenarios), children are better off with a mother nd a father. Ops kid will be better off if he had a mother somewhere in the picture.

Old 05-02-2012, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Wow. Nut job. Real nice.

Anyway, to counter, I suppose that because your dad was an abusive turd, all two parent families will be miserable places full of arguing and abuse? So we should all just do whatever we want because life stinks anyway. Maybe I should tell my kids to strive for Cs in school because that's what most people get.

I will reiterate my point. All things equal ( that means normal parents in both scenarios), children are better off with a mother nd a father. Ops kid will be better off if he had a mother somewhere in the picture.
Kids are better off with someone who loves them. Regardless if that is 2 people, one mother or one father.

Therefore, someone who has thought and planned it out (as a responsible couple would) should be granted the same opportunities to love and raise a child.

Simple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships