Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 12:49 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,877,912 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
Why are you so obsessed with people not giving up? What's so bad about it? How does it effect your life? It's like I said before no one has ever died from not having a SO. I've never expected people to put in so much effort to please me, so why should I put in so much effort to please them? I've done it before and no one seemed to care. If others want to continue to date and be in relationships than I'm happy for them. But I'm not doing it and that's that. People are free to do as they like and if they want to give up they have the right to do so.
no one has died from not being in a relationship..you are right..but their lives may not have been very fulfilling, you do need a job to survive...but somehow I doubt that on your deathbed you will be thinking back about how great your career was...no..you will probably be either happy about the relationships (SO/parents/children/friends) you had while here or have regrets regarding them.

To me at least, those who give-up show a lack of character, do you give up on everything or just this particular arena? If you sincerely do not want to be with someone for the rest of your life then OK..but if you DO, but don't want to be hurt then frankly...your a coward and someone who gives up, not exactly great character traits..I don't direct this at you, but anyone here that just gives up...other people are presented with wayyyy more rejection and failure than you, yet they keep going..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2012, 12:50 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,210,154 times
As far as the topic goes, it should be common knowledge that being hot or beautiful alone doesn't make someone a great catch. But a lot of us men deserve a great deal of the blame because some of us are so shallow that it's all we care about. The type of guys who consider these shrews for serious relationships are usually

1. a**holes themselves
  2. Guys with no self-respect

Old 05-09-2012, 12:51 PM

4,217 posts, read 7,302,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrensmooth View Post
no one has died from not being in a relationship..you are right..but their lives may not have been very fulfilling, you do need a job to survive...but somehow I doubt that on your deathbed you will be thinking back about how great your career was...no..you will probably be either happy about the relationships (SO/parents/children/friends) you had while here or have regrets regarding them.

To me at least, those who give-up show a lack of character, do you give up on everything or just this particular arena? If you sincerely do not want to be with someone for the rest of your life then OK..but if you DO, but don't want to be hurt then frankly...your a coward and someone who gives up, not exactly great character traits..I don't direct this at you, but anyone here that just gives up...other people are presented with wayyyy more rejection and failure than you, yet they keep going..
This is exactly the point I was making to Chi the other day. I even used the job scenarios.

Quitters are quitters in my book. There is no distinction to me. Probably is part of their dating problem to begin with. Weak-willed, soft-skinned and easily beaten down. Not ideal characteristics for a mate in my book.

Old 05-09-2012, 12:52 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,734,327 times
some people are butt hurt now, so lets go back to the 'just because you're attractive doesn't mean you're a great catch!' theme

Old 05-09-2012, 12:52 PM

102,212 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
As far as the topic goes, it should be common knowledge that being hot or beautiful alone doesn't make someone a great catch. But a lot of us men deserve a great deal of the blame because some of us are so shallow that it's all we care about.
Yes, back to the OP, I agree with you, it's no big revelation that looks don't necessarily equal great catch.

Old 05-09-2012, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
This is exactly the point I was making to Chi the other day. I even used the job scenarios.

Quitters are quitters in my book. There is no distinction to me. Probably is part of their dating problem to begin with. Weak-willed, soft-skinned and easily beaten down. Not ideal characteristics for a mate in my book.

If I really was "weak willed" I would probably be caving in and doing what everyone else is doing in the world just to 'fit in'. no dice.

Old 05-09-2012, 12:54 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,822,450 times
That's what my old wife says to this day "Yes you were pretty- to good looking for your own good"- She was right. Years later I can barely support myself...I don't own a home- none of my kids went to university . AND...all I know is if you are a woman and want a good material future- find a guy that is not handsome- not that smart- and gets a kick out of having social status...Good luck...personally I would rather be poor with a good looking woman than be rich with a homely one....speaking of plain Jane- even in my old age I get offers from rich widows...But- I don't think I could bare waking up to THAT.

Old 05-09-2012, 12:55 PM

154 posts, read 155,881 times
Quote:
Why are you so obsessed with people not giving up? What's so bad about it? How does it effect your life? It's like I said before no one has ever died from not having a SO. I've never expected people to put in so much effort to please me, so why should I put in so much effort to please them? I've done it before and no one seemed to care. If others want to continue to date and be in relationships than I'm happy for them. But I'm not doing it and that's that. People are free to do as they like and if they want to give up they have the right to do so.
You should be happy your parents didn't share your outlook...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Yes, back to the OP, I agree with you, it's no big revelation that looks don't necessarily equal great catch.

yes that's true but I think he's saying some women, do think like that. If they walk into a room men should want them based on nothing else (because they don't actually do this, IRL or anything). LOL.

4,217 posts, read 7,302,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
If I really was "weak willed" I would probably be caving in and doing what everyone else is doing in the world. no dice.
No, you just let past relationships an douche bag guys dictate whether or not dating is "worth it".

Regardless, quitters are quitters and no one wants to date a quitter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships