Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2013, 08:04 AM

322 posts, read 504,618 times

Advertisements

This might sound weird coming from a guy, but I wouldn't want an attractive girlfriend or wife. Most attractive women are vain, narcissitic, b*tchy, stuck up, and act like they're better than everyone else. Even if a beautiful liked me, I still wouldn't ask her out. The women I like are average looking at best, the last two women I dated were average looking and most likely I'll marry a woman like that. Am I the only guy not interested in attractive women?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2013, 08:07 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,981,862 times
Yes, but it isn't like you have the option with an attitude like yours, so it is a moot point.

Old 10-22-2013, 08:13 AM

322 posts, read 504,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Yes, but it isn't like you have the option with an attitude like yours, so it is a moot point.
I never wanted the option.

Old 10-22-2013, 08:18 AM

11,157 posts, read 14,008,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtbornnard View Post
This might sound weird coming from a guy, but I wouldn't want an attractive girlfriend or wife. Most attractive women are vain, narcissitic, b*tchy, stuck up, and act like they're better than everyone else. Even if a beautiful liked me, I still wouldn't ask her out. The women I like are average looking at best, the last two women I dated were average looking and most likely I'll marry a woman like that. Am I the only guy not interested in attractive women?
I don't know you, or the place in life from which you write this, but it is wall to wall nonsense. You are making a lot of overly simplified judgments and uninformed assumptions. There are literally millions of attractive women out there who are awesome people. Failure to meet on is more likely a result of a lack of effort or lousy attitude. Most people who write drivel such as this do so out of frustration. This sounds like an attempt on your part to convince yourself.

Old 10-22-2013, 08:21 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,805,785 times
I don't agree with you that it's true of all beautiful women. I think, the more vain/narcissistic ones (by default of their nature) are going to spend a lot more time making themselves up to look beautiful... but I don't think that means all beautiful women are vain, narcissistic and mean.

It's true, I have known pretty women who were beautiful on the outside, but ugly on the inside; but I've also known pretty women who were also beautiful on the inside as well.

That said, you are free to like and love whomever you prefer.

Old 10-22-2013, 08:21 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,528,541 times
Quote:
So much wrong adn confusing about your post. First, when you make general statements like, "Most attractive women are..." you're going to be wrong a good bit of the time. Maybe you need to meet a better class of women, regardless of their looks. Second, you say you don't want to date attractive woman, but would rather date average looking women as if the two are entirely different. Maybe it's your definition, but you seem to claim that average women are not and cannot be attractive. Not sure how your next GF might like that.

Here's what I learned during my single years. Just go out and meet women. Their looks may be what attracts you to them in the first place, but there has to be some connection on an emotional level too. I never placed a lot of time into thinking about what kind of woman I may be attracted to. I dated tall women, short women, blondes, brunettes and red heads. One girl I was attracted too at one time had a Sinead O'Connor hair do! Race didn't matter much to me either way, not did economic class.

I've said it to other posters, but most of you single folks tend to over think the whole dating process. It screws you up and now you're ruling out an entire class of people because of your silly preconceived notions. Good luck with that!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
That said, you are free to like and love whomever you prefer.
True on that!

Old 10-22-2013, 08:22 AM

1,858 posts, read 3,104,977 times
... not to mention the warm feeling the person you're with would get, knowing that they're "average at best."

Old 10-22-2013, 08:37 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,175,334 times
Quote:
Thanks for sharing. I'm sure all the attractive women in the world are devastated to hear this. Oh - that's right - they are vain, narcissistic, b*tchy, stuck up, better than everyone else people - so they probably won't care.

Old 10-22-2013, 09:01 AM

2,758 posts, read 4,960,259 times
Quote:
I know a guy that got really really burned from his marriage.
She was tall, blonde, educated, and good BMI.
Since his divorce, he ONLY persues women that are pretty much the exact opposite if her. Brunettes, typically shorter, and typically fuller women. His criteria are nice hair, big chested, and nice smile. He literally cares about nothing else physically. He has dated a lot since his divorce, and he has had a lot of fun.

So many people on this forum place "attractiveness" as a high value for dating someone. "Sorry, I have to be attracted to the person I'm dating."
The guy I know has found a way to have a lot of fun and date a lot of people without being very selective. There are a lot of brunettes out there, most women have nice hair, most women have a chest, and a decent smile is not difficult to come by.

I also know another guy who prefers average women. I believe his self esteem is lowish, so he pursues average looking women, as they seldom reject him. He is actually a kind of attractive guy also, so it isn't 'like dating like' there.

Some guys prefer less competition, and don't bother with women that are the considered the hot ones.
The truth is, there are a lot of attractive people out there with bla or no personality.
I personally have no problem dating average women.

Old 10-22-2013, 09:04 AM

22,594 posts, read 47,689,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Thanks for sharing. I'm sure all the attractive women in the world are devastated to hear this. Oh - that's right - they are vain, narcissistic, b*tchy, stuck up, better than everyone else people - so they probably won't care.

LOL!
Sounds like the OPs been rejected by those attractive women way too many times...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships