Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 07:27 PM

607 posts, read 856,190 times

Advertisements

First, the date:

On Saturday I had dinner/drinks with a cute 30 year old on POF. (I am 24). She was a little quiet at first, but after a beer and some appetizers, she was very talkative, interesting, and pretty funny too. She has a career and everything. No kids.

She is super indie and has a lot of tattoos. Listens to hipster music and chit. Before we met, we were talking to get to know each other and I told her to watch Parks and Rec, and she loves it now, so +1 for me there.

I walked her to her car, gave her a hug. Went in for the kiss, and she laughed and blushed. Kinda turned away so I went for the cheek. After a quick peck on her cheek, she pulled me in again for another hug.

I had a nice evening. Bill came to 15, I paid 5. She insisted she pay more.

We planned that night to meet again on Friday (this coming Fri):

Now:
We've been texting back and forth since the date, just things about how our day has been and stuff. She's been very receptive.

All of a sudden today, we are texting, and:

she says, "I'm not very good at this."
And I say, "what?"
"Dating, and communicating. I get really stressed out."
"Well, I've only met you once, but I think you're good at dating. I had a lot of fun."
"Right, but it SHOULDN'T make me stressed out, you know what I mean?"
"Yes, I know. Maybe we can talk through it?"
"I just don't know if Im ready to date in my life right now"

What do I make of this? Am I the one stressing her out? I try not to text her to often, only like once a day since our date.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2013, 07:37 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,008,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger55 View Post
First, the date:

On Saturday I had dinner/drinks with a cute 30 year old on POF. (I am 24). She was a little quiet at first, but after a beer and some appetizers, she was very talkative, interesting, and pretty funny too. She has a career and everything. No kids.

She is super indie and has a lot of tattoos. Listens to hipster music and chit. Before we met, we were talking to get to know each other and I told her to watch Parks and Rec, and she loves it now, so +1 for me there.

I walked her to her car, gave her a hug. Went in for the kiss, and she laughed and blushed. Kinda turned away so I went for the cheek. After a quick peck on her cheek, she pulled me in again for another hug.

Now:
We've been texting back and forth since the date, just things about how our day has been and stuff. She's been very receptive.

And I say, "what?"
"Well, I've only met you once, but I think you're good at dating. I had a lot of fun."

What do I make of this? Am I the one stressing her out? I try not to text her to often, only like once a day since our date.
As near as I can figure, she has changed her mind about you and is playing a fancy version of the "It's not you, it's me..." card.

Old 01-22-2013, 07:38 PM

607 posts, read 856,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
As near as I can figure, she has changed her mind about you and is playing a fancy version of the "It's not you, it's me..." card.
I considered this, too.

I wonder why. We were laughing the whole night and stuff. Oh well.

Old 01-22-2013, 07:40 PM

1,452 posts, read 2,044,020 times
Ehhh, whatever, don't think much of it. See if she still wants to meet Friday, then see how things go. It's only one date, it went well, you did nothing wrong - if she decides to flake out or act silly, not much you can do. Don't start prodding her about her thoughts and feelings, that'll just give her more reason to pull away. Control what you can, my friend...about all you can do.

Old 01-22-2013, 07:41 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,008,095 times
Quote:
I considered this, too.

I wonder why. We were laughing the whole night and stuff. Oh well.
I think it has happened to all of us. Keep your head up, good things often pop up when you least expect them.

Old 01-22-2013, 07:45 PM

1,866 posts, read 2,703,520 times
Quote:
First, the date:

Now:

And I say, "what?"

This is aggravating, She is 30 years old! She is not a child..OP honestly, dump her, someone who cannot communicate is not worth it anyway. Let her go be stressed out with someone else.

Old 01-22-2013, 07:54 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,875,261 times
She is self doubting herself. Tell her think of it as a mingle not a date. More of a hanging out thing. She just needs to calm herself. I get all nervous in the beginning. It happens. Ask her what is really bothering her? Age thing? It's not bad fyi. Tell her you will spread the dates out more if she is nervous. It's not a 30 yr old thing. She's human. Hell I got nervous talking to a man at 35 on the phone. Chit happens.

Old 01-22-2013, 08:13 PM

601 posts, read 1,075,932 times
Quote:
First, the date:

Now:

And I say, "what?"

Man after the first date you should have at least waited 2 or 3 days to text her that's if you took the initiative to text first but if she texted you first it's cool to reply. But you can't appear to be thirsty,. Give her some space, don't force yourself on her. "I just don't know if I'm ready to date in my life right now". That's confirmation that she wants a lil space. Tell her like this " I understand, I'll give you some space"! She may be giving you a call soon. Word for word man. For future reference, when a woman make that decision that she wants space, don't try to talk her out of it.

Old 01-22-2013, 08:19 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,678,492 times
She's not interested. Just because you had a great date doesn't mean you get to have another, nor does it mean you will have a relationship.

Old 01-22-2013, 08:22 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,803,986 times
I've had splendid first dates with men that I would never consider having a relationship with. I mean I really liked them and all but I knew from some things that were said that it would never work out so best to keep moving. Many of those things that were said took some days to process too--seemed fine at the time that they were said but then I'd get to thinking about it and realize that if it wasn't exactly a red flag, it was for me anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships