Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 03:04 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
I am not discriminating against men because of their height. Look at short black men like Lil Wayne singing about 'redbones' in every last one of his songs. Men like him are the real problem
Here's the problem that most of us are having with your comments...

You bemoan the stereotypes that are thrust upon you as a dark skinned woman yet you turn around and make generalized statements against the traits of others that you consider undesireable. Are you not able to see the hypocrisy?

I do not recall reading anyone's post that indicated that a Lil Wayne as an appropriate match for you. And Lil Wayne is not representative of all (or even most) shorter men.

It is obvious to most that you are an individual who stands in your own way.

Old 05-11-2012, 03:21 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Quote:
I am not discriminating against men because of their height. Look at short black men like Lil Wayne singing about 'redbones' in every last one of his songs. Men like him are the real problem
That's exactly what you're doing. Lil Wayne's got nothing to do with this.

Old 05-11-2012, 03:23 PM

4,217 posts, read 7,301,769 times
I don't think she wants advice. Its another pity thread. I can't find X because I only do Y and refuse to step out of my very confining box (because of Z-some BS excuse about being paralyzingly antisocial and unable to do things solo without a female (not good) friend tagging along-which is a co*k block anyways) to find a decent man.

Everyone sympathizes with her page after page, until she lets on that shes digging her own hole. Deeper and deeper...

Old 05-11-2012, 03:29 PM

7,841 posts, read 13,236,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Never said they did. I am calling you out on your hypocrisy.

You, who cries constantly because you're discriminated against because of your skin tone, openly discriminates against men because of their height (or lack of).
Hold on a second...forget the whole skin tone thing and let's focus on the height matter...if she doesn't like or is not attracted to shorter men, how is that any different than a guy saying he doesn't like or is not attracted to an overweight woman? She's entitled to her preferences just like everyone else. So she's supposed to go with any guy "just because"? Doesn't that make her desperate? Better yet, what do they call women that will go with any guy? When it's a guy that goes with anyone, he's got notches on his belt, right?

Old 05-11-2012, 03:32 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
Hold on a second...forget the whole skin tone thing and let's focus on the height matter...if she doesn't like or is not attracted to shorter men, how is that any different than a guy saying he doesn't like or is not attracted to an overweight woman? She's entitled to her preferences just like everyone else. So she's supposed to go with any guy "just because"? Doesn't that make her desperate? Better yet, what do they call women that will go with any guy? When it's a guy that goes with anyone, he's got notches on his belt, right?
The bottom line is that the type of men that she likes do not tend to like women with her traits (based on her own comments in multiple threads) so she either needs to make some adjustments or continue to get the same results. So it doesn't matter if a woman who looks like Precious prefers men who look like Brad Pitt because most likely a Brad Pitt would not ever be with a Precious. Therefore Precious needs to be realistic in her options.

Old 05-11-2012, 03:34 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,732,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Well, she keeps bellyaching about how nobody wants her....she should say, nobody over 6 feet tall making $$ however much. Be honest. She's just as bad as all of these men who allegedly don't want her because of her skin color.

well she say she just wanted a guy with a decent job and reasonable height. I read a post a guy made on here a few days ago talking about wanting a 'woman with long, luscious model legs.' So hey, what's good for the goose...

edit: I had the same issue nyanna has, that men I was typically attracted to really don't go for my type. oh well.

Old 05-11-2012, 03:36 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,120,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
The bottom line is that the type of men that she likes do not tend to like women with her traits (based on her own comments in multiple threads) so she either needs to make some adjustments or continue to get the same results.
I am making adjustments. I am trying to lighten my skin, and I wear my hair straight (most black men love straight hair) down my back. I also wear makeup. If I had the money I would do more, like get butt implants or breast implants. Probably butt implants because a lot of black men like women with big butts and I don't have one.

Old 05-11-2012, 03:37 PM

399 posts, read 581,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
I don't think she wants advice. Its another pity thread. I can't find X because I only do Y and refuse to step out of my very confining box (because of Z-some BS excuse about being paralyzingly antisocial and unable to do things solo without a female (not good) friend tagging along-which is a co*k block anyways) to find a decent man.

Everyone sympathizes with her page after page, until she lets on that shes digging her own hole. Deeper and deeper...
dingdingdingding!

She only responds to those who appeal to her own view that A. dark skin females are undesirable. B. She isn't good enough. C. she can't get a man because she isn't what they want. And anyone who says otherwise, not worth responding to.

I'm surprised this thread is still going.

Old 05-11-2012, 03:39 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,120,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinieRN View Post
dingdingdingding!

She only responds to those who appeal to her own view that A. dark skin females are undesirable. B. She isn't good enough. C. she can't get a man because she isn't what they want. And anyone who says otherwise, not worth responding to.

I'm surprised this thread is still going.
This thread started off about people who have a lot of sexual partners. I was curious as to how they meet so many of them in a short period of time. and it just snowballed into this skin tone subject again

Old 05-11-2012, 03:40 PM

399 posts, read 581,742 times
Quote:
I am making adjustments. I am trying to lighten my skin, and I wear my hair straight (most black men love straight hair) down my back. I also wear makeup. If I had the money I would do more, like get butt implants or breast implants. Probably butt implants because a lot of black men like women with big butts and I don't have one.
Nyanna, if you're in college, ask a counselor if there's free therapy sessions available because it's a definite self-esteem issue going on here that no one on this forum can help you with because we don't know you and you can run from those who are offering genuine, positive, beneficial tips.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships