Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2013, 04:38 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborgt800 View Post
They DID however complain that they didn't like most guys that were their age for the reasons I listed! That doesn't mean they were stupid and dated them...it means that it's what turned them off FROM wanting to date them.

You have to admit that the younger guys DO all of that stuff in greater numbers than the older guys do!

Sure some older guys still do that stuff, but it isn't nearly as common.
Funny, I've met plenty of 20-somethings who didn't do any of that stuff, and a number of 40-somethings who did. I've even seen 50-somethings on dating sites who list video games as a hobby. I've had to suspend expectations and any generalizations in this regard as a result of these experiences.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2013, 04:43 PM

2,386 posts, read 3,269,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborgt800 View Post
FWIW most had no idea that I was that much older than me when they approached...and yes, there was a connection beyond the age gap...in fact the age gap had NOTHING to do with it at all.

They DID however complain that they didn't like most guys that were their age for the reasons I listed! That doesn't mean they were stupid and dated them...it means that it's what turned them off FROM wanting to date them.

You have to admit that the younger guys DO all of that stuff in greater numbers than the older guys do!

Sure some older guys still do that stuff, but it isn't nearly as common.

As for money and status...NOPE! It was actually after losing all 8 of my houses, business and savings etc. that I started dating much younger women...WHY? I'll tell you why...THEY were MUCH less concerned with my finances than the women my age!
I INITIALLY believed the stereotype that they only wanted money or had daddy issues until I experienced dating them! It was actually a total non-issue.

Think about it! The guys their age had no money either....so they didn't really think about it that much.

You could take a younger girl on a well meaning simple date and she'll appreciate the thought...the older women are looking at the car and adding up the $$$$'s in their head to determine the guys' worth.

Oh. and the younger generation of women TRULY enjoy themselves in bed. They are adventurous and not shy! They know how to GIVE and RECEIVE! They are not all bunged up and repressed...they HAVE FUN with it...which from a man's perspective is great!

Too many women think their effort ends with them saying yes...the younger women are animals! Grrrr!

The younger women also are much less high maintenance...no constant reassuring, jealousy or do I look fat questions! Heck the ones I've dated would actually point other hot girls out to me instead of pouting that I caught a glimpse of them!
...And they want to get out and be active...not just sit watching TV and playing cards and stuff. They want to be out and about and active.

Lol Younger women =

Old 02-12-2013, 04:50 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plzeň View Post
For what it's worth, I too have found that women in their 20's like to go out more than women in their 30's and 40's, and I don't live in Las Vegas. I hear women say the same thing about men as they age, though. Generally speaking I think older people don't like to go out as often, so if you're one of the ones who does (regardless of your gender), it would be a logical reason to consider dating younger.
I can't imagine not wanting to get out and do things. Then again? I'm married to a younger man.

Lots of my late 30s, 40s friends also like to go out.

We tend not to hit the singles bar scene much, but there's so much to do without all that.

I do agree that some people become frightfully dull as they get older. I wonder why?

I have 3 kids (22, 15, and 12) and it's nice not alienating them by becoming an old fuddy duddy.

Old 02-12-2013, 04:54 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,482,709 times
^^^^ Well then you understand the whole dating younger thing then don't you?

Are you therefore creepy?
Does he just want a sugar momma?
Does he just want sex?
Do you just need arm candy?
Are you mentally immature and can't relate to men your own age?

...These are things being thrown against the men here!

FWIW I haven't dated at all in Vegas...I'm here temporarily...I was in Denver before.

Old 02-12-2013, 04:57 PM

2,186 posts, read 2,920,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
I can't imagine not wanting to get out and do things. Then again? I'm married to a younger man.

Lots of my late 30s, 40s friends also like to go out.

We tend not to hit the singles bar scene much, but there's so much to do without all that.

I do agree that some people become frightfully dull as they get older. I wonder why?

I have 3 kids (22, 15, and 12) and it's nice not alienating them by becoming an old fuddy duddy.
I find that people in their 30's and (especially) 40's might like to go out to a nice dinner with drinks once a week or something, but people in their 20's like to hit the bars 3 or 4 times a week, and late. It's a different lifestyle. I'm generalizing, of course, but I would imagine if you surveyed the general population you'd find that people don't go out as often as they get older.

Old 02-12-2013, 04:58 PM

The difference is that women don't usually seek out younger men. In fact, most women turn down men who are around 10+ years younger, and the men have to convince them they're serious, it's not because they want sex, etc. So the issues of the older woman being a creep, a cougar, wanting arm candy, etc. generally don't apply.

Old 02-12-2013, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I was once in my 20's and I was definitely high maintenance and expected lots of gifts if one wanted to date me.
Sounds like a personal problem.

Old 02-12-2013, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plzeň View Post
I find that people in their 30's and (especially) 40's might like to go out to a nice dinner with drinks once a week or something, but people in their 20's like to hit the bars 3 or 4 times a week, and late. It's a different lifestyle. I'm generalizing, of course, but I would imagine if you surveyed the general population you'd find that people don't go out as often as they get older.
The opposite can also be true, though. Especially in a poor economy, the younger people don't have the money to go out much. Once people are solidly employed or somewhat established in their careers, they have more disposable income, and enjoy going out much more than they were able to afford to in their 20's. A case can be made for either perspective. So generalizing is pointless.

Old 02-12-2013, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
In fact, most women turn down men who are around 10+ years younge
Many won't even date 3-5 years younger, in my experience! That leaves us men to only date women our age and younger. That half of the equation isn't always talked about as much.

Old 02-12-2013, 05:01 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,482,709 times
Quote:
The difference is that women don't usually seek out younger men. In fact, most women turn down men who are around 10+ years younger, and the men have to convince them they're serious, it's not because they want sex, etc. So the issues of the older woman being a creep, a cougar, wanting arm candy, etc. generally don't apply.
REALLY? you haven't been paying attention then...there is a bigger cougar community than silver fox community because somehow it's more accepted...you know, DOUBLE STANDARD! Kinda like it's all "You GO girl!" when a woman buys a vibrator but it's "PERVERT" when a man buys a sex toy!

Yeah....you KNOW it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships