Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2013, 04:05 PM

2,186 posts, read 2,919,841 times

Advertisements

Can we all agree that some women are into older men and some aren't? It's interesting to me how many people on both sides of this argument are trying to generalize their own opinions and experiences to everyone. Lots of us guys have dated younger women. They didn't all have daddy issues and they weren't all gold diggers. That doesn't mean that every woman is into older guys. Many of you are not. We all have our own preferences. Everybody do what works for you, let everyone else do what works for them, and we all win, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2013, 04:09 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,253,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plzeň View Post
Can we just all agree that some women are into older men and some aren't? It's interesting to me how many people on both sides of this argument are trying to generalize their own opinions and experiences to everyone. Lots of us guys have dated younger women. They didn't all have daddy issues and they weren't all gold diggers. That doesn't mean that every woman here is into older guys. It's all good. Everybody do what works for you and let everyone else do what works for them.
I agree.

I look at generalizations as a sanity check. Some of the generalizations/stereotypes one runs across tend to be the norm. Doesn't make them universally true.

Old 02-12-2013, 04:09 PM

947 posts, read 1,186,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascension2012 View Post
pretty much all men want to date women in their early 20s, for purpose of hot sex. If for some ungodly reason, they are looking to sign their life away via marriage, they choose a more mature woman, who can then take them to the cleaners, sooner or later. Women in their early 20s come on to me all the time and ive ddated several not too long ago. They are all bat **** crazy and all they want is to treat me like a piece of meat. I let them.
lol

Old 02-12-2013, 04:14 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,482,078 times
FWIW most had no idea that I was that much older than me when they approached...and yes, there was a connection beyond the age gap...in fact the age gap had NOTHING to do with it at all.

They DID however complain that they didn't like most guys that were their age for the reasons I listed! That doesn't mean they were stupid and dated them...it means that it's what turned them off FROM wanting to date them.

You have to admit that the younger guys DO all of that stuff in greater numbers than the older guys do!

Sure some older guys still do that stuff, but it isn't nearly as common.

As for money and status...NOPE! It was actually after losing all 8 of my houses, business and savings etc. that I started dating much younger women...WHY? I'll tell you why...THEY were MUCH less concerned with my finances than the women my age!
I INITIALLY believed the stereotype that they only wanted money or had daddy issues until I experienced dating them! It was actually a total non-issue.

Think about it! The guys their age had no money either....so they didn't really think about it that much.

You could take a younger girl on a well meaning simple date and she'll appreciate the thought...the older women are looking at the car and adding up the $$$$'s in their head to determine the guys' worth.

Oh. and the younger generation of women TRULY enjoy themselves in bed. They are adventurous and not shy! They know how to GIVE and RECEIVE! They are not all bunged up and repressed...they HAVE FUN with it...which from a man's perspective is great!

Too many women think their effort ends with them saying yes...the younger women are animals! Grrrr!

The younger women also are much less high maintenance...no constant reassuring, jealousy or do I look fat questions! Heck the ones I've dated would actually point other hot girls out to me instead of pouting that I caught a glimpse of them!
...And they want to get out and be active...not just sit watching TV and playing cards and stuff. They want to be out and about and active.

Old 02-12-2013, 04:27 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,892,503 times
Younger women are less maintenance, less jealous and all of that? HA! I was once in my 20's and I was definitely high maintenance and expected lots of gifts if one wanted to date me.

Old 02-12-2013, 04:27 PM

11,795 posts, read 12,030,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborgt800 View Post
FWIW most had no idea that I was that much older than me when they approached...and yes, there was a connection beyond the age gap...in fact the age gap had NOTHING to do with it at all.

They DID however complain that they didn't like most guys that were their age for the reasons I listed! That doesn't mean they were stupid and dated them...it means that it's what turned them off FROM wanting to date them.

You have to admit that the younger guys DO all of that stuff in greater numbers than the older guys do!

As for money and status...NOPE! It was actually after losing all 8 of my houses, business and savings etc. that I started dating much younger women...WHY? I'll tell you why...THEY were MUCH less concerned with my finances than the women my age!
I INITIALLY believed the stereotype that they only wanted money or had daddy issues until I experienced dating them! It was actually a total non-issue.

Think about it! The guys their age had no money either....so they didn't really think about it that much.

You could take a younger girl on a well meaning simple date and she'll appreciate the thought...the older women are looking at the car and adding up the $$$$'s in their head to determine the guys' worth.

Oh. and the younger generation of women TRULY enjoy themselves in bed. They are adventurous and not shy! They know how to GIVE and RECEIVE! They are not all bunged up and repressed...they HAVE FUN with it...which from a man's perspective is great!

Too many women think their effort ends with them saying yes...the younger women are animals! Grrrr!

The younger women also are much less high maintenance...no constant reassuring, jealousy or do I look fat questions! Heck the ones I've dated would actually point other hot girls out to me instead of pouting that I caught a glimpse of them!
...And they want to get out and be active...not just sit watching TV and playing cards and stuff. They want to be out and about and active.
I see your broom's not worn out yet...

Old 02-12-2013, 04:30 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,697,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockSteadyVibe View Post
I've heard somewhere that women who are in their 20s stick with men in their 20s. The reason I ask this silly question is because I'm turning 30 in a few months, and I feel I've missed out on dating women in their 20s. Also I think that women in their 20s don't want to date a man who is 30 or older.
I stuck with guys my own age, but some women do like men who are several years older. I assume you are not talking about women who are 28 and 29. If you present yourself like a successful person and do all of the paying, you should be OK. A 22-year-old cashier at Office Depot is not going to want to spend her meager paycheck on you when you have a real job. You should probably also have a place of your own and a decent car. If you're broke, forget it. She can date guys with no money her own age. A younger woman who dates older men is not necessarily looking for a daddy figure, but she's probably going to want to look up to you.

If you are very good-looking, disregard everything I said. You probably wouldn't have made it to 30 without dating, though.

Old 02-12-2013, 04:32 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,253,872 times
Quote:

The pool of single chicks your near your age must really suck in Las Vegas. Play cards and stay in all the time?

Grandpa? Is that you?

If you once had money and means, odds are high that even once you lost a lot of it, you still come across as more financially stable than many younger guys.

Just a thought.

Hey, if you're happy? Keep on keepin' on, I say.

Old 02-12-2013, 04:33 PM

Quote:
This actually fits my experience, as well. All else being equal, the women I've dated in their 20's cared less about money on average than the ones in their 30's. To be fair, this is probably due in large part to the biological clock of the 30-somethings and their wanting to plan for a family. Still, though, given that experience it is ironic to me when I see people say that younger women are only into older men for money. Then again, I've never been wealthy, so I don't attract gold-diggers of any age, anyway. Some of the younger women I've dated have made more money than I do!

Old 02-12-2013, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
The pool of single chicks your near your age must really suck in Las Vegas. Play cards and stay in all the time?
For what it's worth, I too have found that women in their 20's like to go out more than women in their 30's and 40's, and I don't live in Las Vegas. I hear women say the same thing about men as they age, though. Generally speaking I think older people don't like to go out as often, so if you're one of the ones who does (regardless of your gender), it would be a logical reason to consider dating younger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships