Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 01:03 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,734,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Thats ok. Youve been conditioned to think that looks matter for guys. They dont.

LMAO. keep telling yourself that. just like men will not take any crap looking woman, women are the same. but women seem to cast a wider net of what's 'acceptable' then men do -- again that doesn't correlate to 'take any man that comes along, regardless of anything else.'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2012, 01:03 PM

1,364 posts, read 1,806,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
That's YOUR issue. Makes perfect sense to me. And as a woman, what is attractive to me in a man is what ascension just listed.
No, it's my EXPERIENCE. Looks trumps all... and I've got about 20 solid years of rejections to prove it.

"Looks has nothing to do with attraction..." gimme a damn BREAK!

Old 05-18-2012, 01:04 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,935,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Thats ok. Youve been conditioned to think that looks matter for guys. They dont.

Looks undoubtedly matter, I am not sure where you are coming up with this one, but there are ways a guy who isn't a 9 or 10 can get around it for sure.

Old 05-18-2012, 01:06 PM

11,795 posts, read 12,035,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbitluvr View Post
No, it's my EXPERIENCE. Looks trumps all... and I've got about 20 solid years of rejections to prove it.

"Looks has nothing to do with attraction..." gimme a damn BREAK!
You're been rejected for 20 solid years and it's all to do with looks, and not other characteristics that could be a turn-off?

Old 05-18-2012, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
LMAO. keep telling yourself that. just like men will not take any crap looking woman, women are the same. but women seem to cast a wider net of what's 'acceptable' then men do -- again that doesn't correlate to 'take any man that comes along, regardless of anything else.'
Not so fast... a 'crap-looking' man will take a 'crap-looking' woman... mainly cuz that's all he can get!

Old 05-18-2012, 01:08 PM

2,994 posts, read 5,773,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Ace View Post
I got talking with a cute girl that works at my local grocery store. The store is known for its very friendly employees, so it's hard to knowing if she's interested in me as a guy or is just really nice and chatty. But I'm pretty confident that she was engaged by our conversation which went on for quite a few minutes after I made my purchase. She was asking about my job and we actually have some interests/hobbies in common, it wasn't just random chit chat. There were some funny moments and plenty of smiling. This is the second time I've talked with her for more than just a minute or so.

I often go to the pizza line on my lunch break but she works in a different part of the store's dining area. I spotted the girl working at her food line today so I tried it partly just to get in conversation and feel her out and we talked way more than I expected. One of the guys at the pizza line is always very friendly and though I haven't had a real conversation with him, I'm a regular customer that he enthusiastically recognizes when I come in

I was thinking of very casually asking the girl out after another conversation or two, but then I thought maybe I could first ask the pizza dude if she's available. I saw them happily greet each other so obviously they get along. Then again maybe he has a thing for her too. And if he doesn't you could bet that he'd gossip to someone if I asked about her status, but maybe that could be a good thing (she'd find out and be flattered if she's interested) or if she's put off, she might noticeable talk less to me to give me a rejecting signal. There are lots of possibilities but I thought I'd ask about it here to see more opinions. The risk seems worth taking, I just hope it doesn't become awkward for me to eat there if this doesn't go in my favor. I pretty much only use online dating nowadays but I think it would be nice to score a date the old fashion way for once.
I think us Guys miss MANY chances to make friends with the opposite sex because we are afraid our ego will be hurt if we are rejected. I say that you should move forward and dont stay in neutral about it. Dont ask around...just say that youd like to get to know her better perhaps over a coffee or smoothie ., then set a day and time. Women LOVE IT when a guy says they want to get to know them better because it makes them feel validated, worthy, important, desired , and it is a form of outward affection which they also dig alot.

Concentrate on her INNER qualities when you take her out and show great restraint where her physical body is concerned. Be the kind of guy that is the way guys are supposed to be today...that means NOT the normal typical sexual perannah wanting to make a score.

Good luck. ANd report back.

Old 05-18-2012, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
You're been rejected for 20 solid years and it's all to do with looks, and not other characteristics that could be a turn-off?
Very GOOD! Didn't think it was possible, right? Well, it is. Esepcially when I have been told to my face that it was my looks, my height, facial bone structure, you name it - I've heard it. Nothing to do with my character, personality, interests, values, aspirations, wardrobe, etc. Oh no. LOOKS!

Old 05-18-2012, 01:10 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,734,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbitluvr View Post
Not so fast... a 'crap-looking' man will take a 'crap-looking' woman... mainly cuz that's all he can get!

maybe just to get sex & then discard her but in general -- no they won't! they all feel entitled to carmen electra regardless of how they look. they want this in a woman, want that but aren't brad pitt themselves.

Old 05-18-2012, 01:10 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,606,441 times
Men look for women who are beautiful, healthy and youthful. It is because all of those traits are signs of fertility. Looks are most important trait that men look for, although its no secret to anyone. Women look for men who are direct, confident, charming and responsible. It is so, because women look for a mate who is the best provider, protector and partner, during the time that they are pregnant. NONE OF THIS IS CONSCIOUS. It is the way we are designed as a species to ensure survival. Sure, many people have their perferences, but how many times you talk to your girlfriends and they tell you that they are attracted a guy thats a certain way, but actualy end up falling for a direct opposite? Men are attracted to women who display feminine traits while women are attracted to men who display masculine qualities. Being direct and showing confidence, are masculine qualities. The end.

Old 05-18-2012, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
maybe just to get sex & then discard her but in general -- no they won't! they all feel entitled to carmen electra regardless of how they look. they want this in a woman, want that but aren't brad pitt themselves.
Come on, Doll... simply not true.

For some, yes. And they are stupid for being that way. But ALL? Really?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships