Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 11:42 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,610,681 times

Advertisements

Men want looks, women want masculine men who act like men. neither one is a conscious choice and neither should be criticized for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2012, 11:52 AM

102,233 posts, read 108,060,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post

A guy I used to work with recently announced his engagement to a Megan Fox lookalike that I used to run across a few years ago. They've been together less than 6 months, she has FOUR children by 3 different men and she's only 26 and she's a nutso with at least 2 restraining orders against her (that I know of...) and at least 2 DUIs under her belt. He's a great guy who owns a local business, makes good money and is an absolutely sweetheart. But hey... at least she's hot!
This is insane! This poor guy is throwing his life away. He could be having a nice life with a really great woman. I wonder if maybe he grew up with drama in the home, so he feels comfortable with drama...? I guess this is what they mean by "love is blind".

Old 06-01-2012, 11:55 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,647,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
This is insane! This poor guy is throwing his life away. He could be having a nice life with a really great woman. I wonder if maybe he grew up with drama in the home, so he feels comfortable with drama...? I guess this is what they mean by "love is blind".
When I asked him why he was with her, in the very beginning of their 'relationship' he said 'Well.... look at her!'. After that, I realized he was a lost cause and moved on before she slapped a restraining order on me for talking to him.

Old 06-01-2012, 12:00 PM

102,233 posts, read 108,060,523 times
Quote:
When I asked him why he was with her, in the very beginning of their 'relationship' he said 'Well.... look at her!'.
This is how Richard Gere felt about supermodel Cindy Crawford when he married her. He lived to regret that. The marriage didn't last long, and she wasn't even a nut job. Some guys live and learn. Some don't.

Old 06-01-2012, 12:02 PM

900 posts, read 1,703,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
Wow. Good question. I've dated men who admitted to me they stayed with women who were crazy and/or who they knew they wouldn't be with long term or marry because they were really attractive. No guy could ever be so attractive I'd stick around through cheating and kids with multiple women. I honestly think some people enjoy being treated like crap and that goes for both men and women. It's some kind of challenge to them to see if they change the other person or maybe they think they don't deserve any better. Who knows.
Some people like crazy and no amount of others pointing out how unfit the partner is will work. Hot or not , some people have to be shown by cheating or other bad behavior ,until then , they put up with a lot. Sex factors in too.

Old 06-01-2012, 12:03 PM

52,308 posts, read 52,764,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
There is an acquaintance of mine, who used to date one of my really good guy friends. The two of them had a son together accidentally, when she was 21. The kid has down's syndrome.

She's a bit of a lunatic (to put it nicely), but she is extremely attractive (men flocked to her/still flock to her). However, her attitude is terrible and she also has 3 kids by 2 different men (she's 25) and is a known cheater.

Was engaged to a very attractive successful man (who she had two children with) and she ended up cheating on him and he left her.

Since this breakup she is now dating another successful, attractive man who takes care of her while she is home with the kids.

I am just wondering how people like this still manage to find successful, attractive, good guys with all of these deal breakers. Do looks really excuse everything??
There is a phrase, that while rather crude, fits the bill here.

"Azzholes and elbows."

As in I'd be running so fast, that's all you'd see.......

Old 06-01-2012, 12:09 PM

900 posts, read 1,703,243 times
Ive always said , to a large extent if someone likes you (usually looks based) you can do no wrong.problem is , everyone gets older . . .

Old 06-01-2012, 12:13 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,115,658 times
Quote:
When I asked him why he was with her, in the very beginning of their 'relationship' he said 'Well.... look at her!'. After that, I realized he was a lost cause and moved on before she slapped a restraining order on me for talking to him.
Pretty stupid if you ask me. Looks don't last forever. Let's ask him how good of a decision this is in another 30 years.

Old 06-01-2012, 12:30 PM

3,111 posts, read 8,059,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
There is an acquaintance of mine, who used to date one of my really good guy friends. The two of them had a son together accidentally, when she was 21. The kid has down's syndrome.

She's a bit of a lunatic (to put it nicely), but she is extremely attractive (men flocked to her/still flock to her). However, her attitude is terrible and she also has 3 kids by 2 different men (she's 25) and is a known cheater.

Was engaged to a very attractive successful man (who she had two children with) and she ended up cheating on him and he left her.

Since this breakup she is now dating another successful, attractive man who takes care of her while she is home with the kids.

I am just wondering how people like this still manage to find successful, attractive, good guys with all of these deal breakers. Do looks really excuse everything??
Wow, she sounds like a mess! I would rather stay home with myself, than deal with a woman like that, no matter how attractive.

Old 06-01-2012, 12:31 PM

320 posts, read 539,627 times
Quote:
Unfortunately, I have to agree there are quite a few guys out there who carry this philosophy. It's pretty sad. What's also unfortunate, is that by the time he realizes that this woman is a total waste of time and good for nothing but eye candy...she will have already taken him to the cleaners.

I'll be the first to admit that I admire beautiful women as much as the next guy does. But, I've also been around enough to know that even the most attractive woman will eventually get on your nerves when her looks are the only thing she can bring to the table. To be honest unless you're in a small town, beautiful women are just about everywhere. There's no logical reason to get involved with an attractive woman that can't add any positive value to your life. Especially when there are so many others out there. I'll never get it. I guess some folks just insist on learning the hard way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships