Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2012, 11:05 AM

37,618 posts, read 46,006,789 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamCharger1985 View Post
That's why I don't have facebook. I'll never have to worry about people I rather forget tracking me down.
No one can "track you down" if you choose to use the security settings properly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2012, 11:10 AM

37,618 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tegota View Post
Nope, women cheat just as much as men do. Women however, are just a heck of a lot better at lying about it and/or hiding it.
Stupid guys, don't have enough sense to take their little baggy of regular soap, deodorant, etc. along.
What does this have to do with the original question? You asked if we "thought about old flames". So are you saying that if a woman "thinks" about an ex - it's cheating??? Huh??

Old 06-17-2012, 11:20 AM

17,869 posts, read 20,999,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
Carol Connelly:
Why can't I have a normal boyfriend? Just a regular boyfriend, one that doesn't go nuts on me!

Beverly Connelly: Everybody wants that, dear. It doesn't exist.

--As Good As It Gets
More and more of these arguements I've had with women, the more I believe that the majority of them are 100% crazy and they go out of there way to look for drama.

Just happened to me with the most recent girl I talked to also. Thing is, she did it several times, and I kept reassuring that there was no one else, and there wasn't, but she had that seed of doubt in her I guess that wouldn't go away. So, from this point on, any girl who tries to argue about that, gets dropped on the spot, no matter how much I like her. Drama isn't OK in my life.

Old 06-17-2012, 11:52 AM

545 posts, read 908,870 times
I rarely think of old flames, my life is too full and busy for that. Every now and then a song or movie or place may bring back a fond (or not so fond) memory.

Old 06-17-2012, 01:38 PM

3,670 posts, read 7,164,704 times
i think of one of mine often. no one else i've dated since has compared to him and unfortunately it was not my choice to end the relationship

Old 06-17-2012, 05:44 PM

1,098 posts, read 1,866,386 times
Twice happened to me, when I was younger they were attractive and wanted nothing to do with me. Heck, they made sure I knew that (Seriosuly, in those days I rarely had a civil rejection, it's either a flat out lie, stood up, or a public display of affection to their man of the week in my face.) Anyway, one added me on FB, I accepted just to entertain my curiosity on what she looks like now.

Now? Both are fat as land whales, both with kids. Had to drop of the radar to avoid contact from them, one was at my work for a while until she was terminated for bad attitude and starting drama among co-workers. The other is "married" to some burly looking Texan, her first marriage flopped due to her being a control freak and literally tried to plan this guys life for him and he just never said no.

Life just makes you want to giggle sometimes!

Old 06-17-2012, 06:35 PM

349 posts, read 459,937 times
Sometimes I do but it doesn't happen often. I don't dwell on it for too long because I try not to waste valuable time out of my life thinking about my exes.

Old 06-18-2012, 08:56 AM

20,048 posts, read 18,310,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
More and more of these arguements I've had with women, the more I believe that the majority of them are 100% crazy and they go out of there way to look for drama.

Just happened to me with the most recent girl I talked to also. Thing is, she did it several times, and I kept reassuring that there was no one else, and there wasn't, but she had that seed of doubt in her I guess that wouldn't go away. So, from this point on, any girl who tries to argue about that, gets dropped on the spot, no matter how much I like her. Drama isn't OK in my life.

My good man, LIFE IS DRAMATIC!
Defined:

1. sudden and marked: large in degree or scale, and often occurring with surprising suddenness
"a dramatic jump in prices"
2. striking: bold, vivid, or strikingly impressive in appearance, color, or effect
"a dramatic view of the Alps"

exciting and intense: characterized, in real life or in art, by the kind of intense and gripping excitement, startling suddenness, or larger-than-life impressiveness associated with drama and the theater "the dramatic rescue of the survivors at sea"

You would do good to check out some books from your local library about how the mind of a woman works, etc.

To not research and understand it, is like trying to hunt without ammo (hopeless and futile).

You will forever be alone! "Woman" is synonymous with drama!

Old 06-18-2012, 11:27 AM

497 posts, read 696,636 times
I think of old flames more than I should - especially when I am on a bad date and I would give anything to be with a former boyfriend instead. Sadly, I didn't realize what I had until it was gone.

Old 06-18-2012, 11:43 AM

1,922 posts, read 3,986,842 times
I think about my ex's occasionally. We ended for a reason though.

And I'm enjoying being single too much and looking forward to what the future holds. I'd rather not dwell on my "has-beens"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships