Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2012, 11:29 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,697,954 times

Advertisements

I took my girlfriend out on a trip to South Padre Island Saturday morning and we just arrived back about 3 hours ago. She enjoyed the trip and did plenty of things. She got to have some "alone time" with me (I really couldn't say no to it this time around). Overall, a positive experience. However on the way back she posed an interesting claim. She has called me a workaholic and my schedule is too hectic. Like me, she doesn't say much but when she does she likes to make it clear and get her point across.

She said that "You are trying to kill yourself and you put very little value into other people. Life is more than just getting rich. Wealth isn't always about the number in your bank account but the interactions and effects you have on the lives of other people. You volunteer so much of yourself to humanitarian efforts, so I know you understand me." That was about my hefty scheduling. The next paragraph the second part when it comes to the relationship.

"Why do you isolate us from the rest of your life? I try to include you in so much of my life even though you seem to take very little part in it which I'm totally ok with. At least do the same for me and give me the opportunity to not take a big part of it if I wish. As great of a guy as you are. You are extremely frustrating. Don't think this is the end of the road for us but I'm just saying this because it's something I feel you need to work on." It made me think about it.

I will post my schedule up all 24 hours on weekdays. Weekends are a wildcard because who knows what I have planned.

Weekday:

5:00 AM to 5:20 AM - Wake up and freshen up (wash face, brush teeth, floss, the whole nine)
5:20 AM to 5:40 AM - Morning shower
5:40 AM to 6:00 AM - Dress and eat an orange (that's my breakfast everyday)
6:00 AM to 7:00 AM - Drive to work (this does not apply if I'm staying home and working which is often but not as often as me going there)
7:00 AM to 3:00 PM - Work
3:00 PM to 4:00 PM - Drive to the gym
4:00 PM to 5:30 PM - Work out
5:30 PM to 6:00 PM - Evening shower
6:00 PM to 7:00 PM - Cook dinner if it isn't made and eat if it is
7:00 PM to 9:00 PM - Work around the house (not much usually except dishes cleaning and laundry)
9:00 PM to 10:00 PM- Working on work, web surfing, making computer music or anything related to the computer
10:00 PM to 12:00 AM - Work on the cars (even longer if new parts have arrived)
12:00 AM to 12:45 AM - Night shower and freshen up for bed

This is the usual schedule I feel. I don't work out everyday and I don't work out on days I practice. I also don't work on my cars (I have 4 cars and 2 are just projects but only 2 cars are at my current residence) that long everyday if at all. I may spend more time on the computer instead of working on the toys. I also adjust it according to how I feel and I'll cut away my free time and not work out in order to have more sleep. However, I went with this to kind of give you a better view of my day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2012, 11:35 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,207,787 times
Getting just over 4 hours of sleep per night will take care of everything, either when you wrap yourself around a tree falling asleep at the wheel, or you die young of a stress-induced heart attack.

10 Surprising Effects of Lack of Sleep

You're welcome.

Old 08-12-2012, 11:38 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,007,888 times
It takes you an hour to drive to the.gym?

Old 08-12-2012, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
It takes you an hour to drive to the.gym?
Yes because the gym is on my side of town and I drive to it straight from work. It takes about an hour to drive from my side of town to my work so it makes sense. However, if I stay at home then it's about 10 minutes.

Old 08-12-2012, 11:43 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,207,787 times
Your schedule explains your lack of sex drive.

Honestly, you're lucky she cares enough to call you on any of this. I'd have just dumped you.

Just being honest. You don't have the lifestyle of a man who is seriously interested in a relationship or dating. I wouldn't be surprised if she did leave you, or was getting something on the side. You're never around. You'd never know.

Old 08-12-2012, 11:52 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,275,215 times
What was the question?

Old 08-12-2012, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
What was the question?
I guess my question is does she has grounds to have such a grievance?

Old 08-12-2012, 11:59 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,275,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jacket View Post
I guess my question is does she has grounds to have such a grievance?

No.

I'm assuming you were like that when you met her?

So it's not some massive personality change?

Then it's the same old story "I love you, you're perfect, now change."

Screw that.

Old 08-13-2012, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
No.

I'm assuming you were like that when you met her?

So it's not some massive personality change?

Then it's the same old story "I love you, you're perfect, now change."

Screw that.
I haven't changed at all. Mind you this is our fourth year together.

Old 08-13-2012, 12:03 AM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Hey, Y-J, you already told us about your schedule on another thread, and I commented then that it looks like you're a workaholic, (among other comments that fit in w/what your gf is saying). That schedule looks like the schedule of someone who's compulsively driven to stay busy. Even the way you formulated your OP looks symptomatic of someone who's driven, compulsive and perfectionistic. You're really lucky your gf is so flexible and tolerant--she's not demanding that you give up the hours daily you spend on hobbies (car, internet), she's not asking you to give up the time you spend driving to the gym when you could do a home workout and save all that drive time. So midnight to 5 a.m. you sleep? Where in the schedule is gf time?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships