Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2012, 04:03 PM

2,758 posts, read 4,959,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by behindthescreen View Post
Clear face, pump iron, dress cool, smell good, drive nice car.

Stay away from dating sites
coear face: do what you can here, not everyone can "control" this
pump iron: absolutely positively. I don't care if you don't like it, learn to love it. It releases stress, and boosts your self esteem. No pain, No gain! Just go slow, get a personal trainer. don't hurt yourself!
Dress cool: definately! go shopping, get some trendy clothes. Spend the money, dont be cheap.
Smell good: colonge is a great thing!
Drive a nice car: again, yes. trade in that beater and get a newer car.

There is only so much you can control. All the above things you can control.
Also
Good self esteem: Work on this. If you don't have high self esteem, women will know it. It isnt cute. Don't be fake cocky or arrogant, just get some confidense. See above for ways to boost your confidense.
This is all good stuff.
You are way too young to have this mentality, especially with all you've accomplished.
Oh, and try to move out of your parents place if you still live with them. If you have to move in with a buddy, then do it.

Be positive and fun.
Oh, and don't aim for 9's and 10's. Make some friends with 6's and 7's and see if somethin more develops.

I struggled with dating for a while, and I went through this "learnin process".

You iust have to do what everyone else does that struggles with dating or meeting people.
Join groups, get hobbies, and find something to do that you enjoy.

Oh, and going out on weekends with friends helps. You can't meet anyone staying home all the time.

You may already do some of what I mentioned, but the idea is to do as many as possible of what was listed.
I have never had a gf chase me, and almos every time it was a slow process....
Some guys have a new gf every month, some guys get a gf once a year. It is just how it is, everyone is different.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2012, 04:06 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,748,461 times
Buy a car with 260+ horsepower and find an open road with a high speed limit.

Old 07-19-2012, 04:08 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,310,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
There are TONS of ugly people out there who are married and have kids. They just found their counterpart, didn't let expectations or lack of confidence get in the way. You can be ugly, but the confidence to move past that is the only thing that will make someone else look past it.

Exactly!

Don't be a defeatist!

Old 07-19-2012, 04:09 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,272,868 times
If I pass a man in the street who smells good, it's all I can do to stop myself from following him, like a horny bloodhound...regardless of his face.

Old 07-19-2012, 04:09 PM

13,630 posts, read 10,034,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonym9428 View Post
So I am 26 and never been on a date. I'm quite ugly, though I am in shape physically, well educated, and have a good white collar job. I just suck with women and it's extremely lonely being me. How do others who are in similar situation cope being ugly and single with zero prospects in sight.
I just waited!

A long time!

Old 07-19-2012, 04:17 PM

4,380 posts, read 4,450,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
If I pass a man in the street who smells good, it's all I can do to stop myself from following him, like a horny bloodhound...regardless of his face.
Throw in a good sense of humor and I'm sold. You could put me in a room with a "10" with no sense of humor and a "6" that makes me laugh and the "6" is the one who I am going to find attractive.

Old 07-19-2012, 05:02 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,801,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
Throw in a good sense of humor and I'm sold. You could put me in a room with a "10" with no sense of humor and a "6" that makes me laugh and the "6" is the one who I am going to find attractive.
Same here and I have a friend who thought he was ugly (he's not--just nerdy) and he took improv lessons and his social life improved immensely and he is married now. He's very funny, which helps I think. I also think the OP should get off POF--it's a self-esteem killer for anybody.

Old 07-19-2012, 05:13 PM

532 posts, read 1,177,062 times
To add to what's been said....no woman wants to date or be in a relationship with a man who's insecurities and self esteem is so low that she just KNOWS she'll have to constantly prop up his self esteem herself. It's exhausting!

Old 07-19-2012, 05:58 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,196,107 times
OP - be positive, POSITIVE, P O S I T I V E ! ! ! ! ! !

IMHO: Nobody is ugly, only if ones self is made to believe that.

Show confidence and also have the "dance like no ones looking" attitude and you'll see things working in your favor! It's the "afraid/negative" vibe that turns many people off.

It also doesn't hurt to lol as it's infectious and maybe will attract you a great girlfriend for starters.

Old 07-19-2012, 06:41 PM

348 posts, read 549,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonym9428 View Post
So I am 26 and never been on a date. I'm quite ugly, though I am in shape physically, well educated, and have a good white collar job. I just suck with women and it's extremely lonely being me. How do others who are in similar situation cope being ugly and single with zero prospects in sight.
I say:

1) Get some professional therapy. You could be a great looking guy, but nothing turns off a woman more than a lack of confidence...unless you are a musician.

2) Hire a pro. Get losing your virginity out of the way, it will help your mentality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships