Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2012, 03:32 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,006,311 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
99% of women prefer men to be direct, stranger or not. Please dont take it the wrong way, but i tend to do what works when it comes to approaching women, not what women tell me they think they want or how they want men to approach them. If youre not compfortable with a direct approach, thats fine - you'll have great luck because most guys would rather talk about weather and other yawn inducing stuff, to perhaps eventualy let you know they are actualy attracted to you.
I can respect your view. If someone approached me as you describe I wouldn't completely count him out; it would just take me longer to size him up and let my defenses down. Never know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2012, 03:44 PM

102,215 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
Well, it sounds like she gave you a couple of hints, but you didn't follow through. If there's a next time, just go for it.
I agree, she gave you some signals, so you should at least try. And you've already done the ring check, ha, good for you! You can say anything just to get a conversation started and signal interest. "Hi (smile), how have you been? I haven't seen you around for a while." Gauge her response. "I'm Steve, nice to meet you." Simple, basic stuff works. If she responds well, and lingers a little over the conversation, ask her if she'd like to go for coffee/tea sometime, after workout.

Old 07-23-2012, 03:56 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,607,414 times
I was at this crazy beach party this weekend, and as i was sitting aside with a friend, this georgous brunette walks by me, with a friend and a large candle in her hand. she was substantialy younger than me, but a true rare beauty. this was my approach =

me- are you an elvish princess?
her (smiling) - yes, I am
Me- are you travelling to western lands?
her (still smiling) - no, eastern lands
Me - I find you incredibly attractive, my name is .....

got her name , lotsa smiles , her phone number and talked for awhile, while shamelessly flirting the whole time. Even though she was quickly surrounded by bunch of guys, she kept her attention with me mostly, by addressing me by my first name and continuing eye contact, which tells me she enjoyed the interraction. Turns out shes moving to china in 10 days(thus the comment about moving to eastern lands), but she made it very clear that i need to call her soon, so she can clear up her schedule one evening to see me. The point im making, is.....there is really no reason to get hung up on what to say, but rather in a way that you say it. as long as there is mutual attraction, you'll find success. If i can turn LOTR geek concept into a date with an incredibly beautiful girl, than so can any guy.

Old 07-23-2012, 04:08 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,673,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
I was at this crazy beach party this weekend, and as i was sitting aside with a friend, this georgous brunette walks by me, with a friend and a large candle in her hand. she was substantialy younger than me, but a true rare beauty. this was my approach =

me- are you an elvish princess?
her (smiling) - yes, I am
Me- are you travelling to western lands?
her (still smiling) - no, eastern lands
Me - I find you incredibly attractive, my name is...
Lol, you see this is why I don't get women. How did this work on her?

If I tried the "elvish princess" line, I'm pretty sure I'd get the wtf? face

Anyway, 10 for making it work

Old 07-23-2012, 04:13 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,607,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dub dub II View Post
Lol, you see this is why I don't get women. How did this work on her?

If I tried the "elvish princess" line, I'm pretty sure I'd get the wtf? face

Anyway, 10 for making it work
The reason i called her an elvish princess, is because she looked alot like Liv Tyler in the movie, but actualy quite a bit more attractive, was wearing a long dress and was carrying a large candle, and completely reminded me of the scene from the movie. THats why prescripting lines is a waste of time IMO, becasue you never know when an elvish princess passes by. I also addressed her with a smile, in a confident, relaxed, sexual and friendly manner. Try it.

Old 07-23-2012, 04:32 PM

Also make no mistake, Ascension is a good looking guy with a nice body. You can't deny that plays a part in it.

Put a real hobbit in your place and it wouldn't work.

Old 07-23-2012, 05:56 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,002,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
Also make no mistake, Ascension is a good looking guy with a nice body. You can't deny that plays a part in it.

Put a real hobbit in your place and it wouldn't work.
lol I'd get shot down as soon as i said elvish!

Old 07-23-2012, 07:14 PM

2,392 posts, read 5,725,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I agree, she gave you some signals, so you should at least try. And you've already done the ring check, ha, good for you! You can say anything just to get a conversation started and signal interest. "Hi (smile), how have you been? I haven't seen you around for a while." Gauge her response. "I'm Steve, nice to meet you." Simple, basic stuff works. If she responds well, and lingers a little over the conversation, ask her if she'd like to go for coffee/tea sometime, after workout.
I saw her tonight at the gym. She was doing Smith Machine squats and I took the machine next to her to do decline bench press. When she finished her set I asked her name with a smile, told her I see her around alot, told her my name and then we talked about her routine. She smiled and was open. So I went to a different area of the gym to do abs and when she was finished for the night she saw me, smiled and said see you later and have a good night. Since I see her at least twice a week I just wanted to establish contact and go from there. I knew I needed to do this tonight bc her body is sick and I'm so attracted to her. But I didn't ask her to coffee.

Old 07-23-2012, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by he's so hott View Post
I saw her tonight at the gym. She was doing Smith Machine squats and I took the machine next to her to do decline bench press. When she finished her set I asked her name with a smile, told her I see her around alot, told her my name and then we talked about her routine. She smiled and was open. So I went to a different area of the gym to do abs and when she was finished for the night she saw me, smiled and said see you later and have a good night. Since I see her at least twice a week I just wanted to establish contact and go from there. I knew I needed to do this tonight bc her body is sick and I'm so attracted to her. But I didn't ask her to coffee.
Nicely done.

Old 07-23-2012, 10:40 PM

102,215 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by he's so hott View Post
Bravo! A connection has been officially made! You can build up to coffee gradually.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships