Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2012, 06:43 PM

1,881 posts, read 3,352,921 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
[b]

So if you come back from Oklahoma and he continues to be "stressed out and angry at the world," how long before he hits you, then blames you for adding to his stress??
wow! did someone say "overreacting?"

the op didn't say that he had been physical. that is a serious charge, a really serious charge. just because someone doesn't say goodbye in the morning or is grumpy sometimes, hell, if that is the criteria for someone about to start beating their significant other, we have alot of potential "burning bed" situations on our hands.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2012, 06:44 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,217,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texanloverokie View Post
New to the forum world to hear me out.

I've bee dating a guy for over two years now. We lived together after a year and recently moved to Oklahoma for his career. We don't plan to stay long but I did it because we both know we want to be together even if we aren't married yet.

He was in the military and I only bring that up because i have dated military guys before and they hvae a common theme of sight anger/indifference about them at times.

I do alot for him, I clean/do laundry/pick up groceries/cook. This is our deal as I left a 40k job to move here for a 20k job and he pays for most of our entertainment out here. The downfall is his job leaves him very stressed out, pissed off and angry at the world when he gets home during the week. So I don't feel very important or appreciated during the week even thought I shower him with love as much as possbile to help his mood.

However its just the little things that have gotten to me. Like today, I haven't left Oklahoma since I moved here 4 months ago and will be going to see my family. My bf and me have barely been apart for more than a couple days since we met. Usually when one of us leaves we have a normal goodbye session,no matter what time.

THis morning he normally gets up before me and leave 5 minutes before i get up. Well he didn't wake me up to say goodbye or leave a notes (which we do often). So when I woke up and confronted him about it via text, he states it was my fault for not waking up earlier to say goodbye if it was that important to me.

What boggles me is why isn't it important to him. yes its a little thing but it means the world when you don't always feel loved.

Am I just over reacting? Do guys even undertsand why I woudl be upset?
Young lady....Get yourself into some co-dependency counseling asap. You are seriously jeopardizing yourself waiting hand and foot on a guy that disrespects you to that degree. I think you are being taken advantage of. In this day and age to give up half your pay, to then wait on someone daily, indulging their bad moods....that doesn't even baby you back is a mistake. Believe me, if this is how he treats you do not marry him.

Old 07-29-2012, 07:51 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthouse66 View Post

the op didn't say that he had been physical. that is a serious charge, a really serious charge. just because someone doesn't say goodbye in the morning or is grumpy sometimes, hell, if that is the criteria for someone about to start beating their significant other, we have alot of potential "burning bed" situations on our hands.

He hasn't been physical YET.

Yes, it's a serious charge, because the things she wrote are SIGNS of a potentially abusive partner. Anyone who's watched an after-school special would know that.

It's a proven fact that military relationships are more prone to domestic violence, and it's a fact that domestic violence in military relationships has increased.

Reports of family violence, abuse within military rise - Stripes - Independent U.S. military news from Iraq, Afghanistan and bases worldwide

If one day out of two years of perfect behavior he didn't say goodbye to her, then she would be overreacting.

Go back and read every word she wrote. He's a time bomb, and he's setting her up to take the blame.

Speaking of huge leaps in logic, it's a long way from "take your life back" to "burning bed."

Old 07-29-2012, 09:16 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthouse66 View Post

Things can escalate unexpectedly in relationships where one partner has anger issues. He's already beginning to take it out on her in word and deed, though somewhat subtly. Given her description of everything, it looks like it wouldn't be a good idea to stick around for Acts II and III.

Old 07-29-2012, 10:24 PM

3,703 posts, read 3,778,811 times
Not to be judgmental, but this whole situation sounds just a little immature. Probably the result of how much pressure you're both under.

Old 07-30-2012, 11:42 AM

1,206 posts, read 2,927,776 times
stop dating military guys as it seems like ur relationships with them never pan out

Old 07-30-2012, 06:31 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,272,868 times
That went well...

Didn't like the advice?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships