Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2012, 07:01 PM

3,111 posts, read 8,055,988 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
Yes, it can be! That's one of our favorites!

However, we have many other hobbies and interests in common. We are both into martial arts, especially aikido. We like hiking and sailing together. We take ballroom and Latin dance classes, go to wine tastings, visit fine art museums, and like most of the same music. We both read a lot, with a great deal of overlap, from science and philosophy, to psychology and even economics, and for pleasure, mostly sci-fi. This give us a lot to discuss and debate. We often exercise together, and experiment in the kitchen with healthy foods. And much more ....

That's cool! I hope I find someone who I have that much in common with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2012, 07:09 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,006,045 times
Recently my wife took an interest in shooting. I had a couple firearms already, but when she asked to go to an indoor range my interest in shooting really started anew. We recently joined the local chapter of the Izaac Walton league, which does a lot of land/wildlife conservation and has range facilities. Our facility also has camping and a network of trails to hike, and we plan on taking advantage of all of it!

Old 07-28-2012, 08:17 PM

1,818 posts, read 2,685,925 times
Riding on the motorcycle

Old 07-28-2012, 08:21 PM

14,375 posts, read 18,377,781 times
In my longest relationship, we enjoyed reading together - basically we'd read the same books and then discuss them afterwards. Interestingly, that shared interest outlasted the relationship - we continued to discuss books with each other for years after the romance ended. We also bought and sold things at the local flea market. And we'd set aside time to work on our projects "together" - meaning he'd be tinkering with his engines and I'd be sitting nearby stenciling or painting something. I'm a writer, so sometimes I'd work on a story and he would work on his own alongside of me, just to see if he could do it. We also enjoyed going to car shows together.

Old 07-28-2012, 08:23 PM

48,533 posts, read 34,863,037 times
I don't know if we do any one thing enough to be considered a hobby. But cooking, traveling, gym, hiking.. errands. lol

We've ziplined, went through caves, climbed a pyramid.... hang with friends.

We pretty much do everything together for the most part.

Old 07-28-2012, 08:54 PM

37,619 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfunkle524 View Post
Outside of date-type activities our shared hobbies are limited to cooking, TV/movies, finding cool restaurants, etc. We each have individual hobbies that we do separately which I think is awesome because it allows us each to retain our own identities and take some recreational time outside of the relationship. However, it would be fun for us to take up a hobby or two together as well.

What hobbies outside of your typical date activities do you do together on a regular basis? Would you recommend any of them? I'd love to hear about all of them. Tennis? Art? Cycling? Musical instruments? What do you enjoy as a couple?
Flat-water kayaking, surf kayaking, SUP, body/boogie board surfing, the beach...we usually do something on the water most weekends. Biking is a regular activity as well. Also we both love to read. We go camping a few times a year. Shooting. Walking/hiking. Car shows (old school) are a love of my BF, but I've come to enjoy them too. We both love music, so concerts (all kinds) are a favorite.

Old 07-28-2012, 09:35 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Flat-water kayaking, surf kayaking, SUP, body/boogie board surfing, the beach...we usually do something on the water most weekends. Biking is a regular activity as well. Also we both love to read. We go camping a few times a year. Shooting. Walking/hiking. Car shows (old school) are a love of my BF, but I've come to enjoy them too. We both love music, so concerts (all kinds) are a favorite.
Love flat water kayaking! Hubby prefers the whitewater rapids on places like the New River or the Gauley Needless to say, I don't make those trips with him!

Upper Gauley River, West Virginia | RaftInfo.com - YouTube

Old 07-28-2012, 09:42 PM

37,619 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Love flat water kayaking! Hubby prefers the whitewater rapids on places like the New River or the Gauley Needless to say, I don't make those trips with him!

Upper Gauley River, West Virginia | RaftInfo.com - YouTube
Oh my BF adores whitewater rafting. He's been trying to get me to go every fall...but I won't agree to do any level 5 - and he won't do anything less.

Old 07-28-2012, 09:44 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Oh my BF adores whitewater rafting. He's been trying to get me to go every fall...but I won't agree to do any level 5 - and he won't do anything less.
I did it, ONCE. Scared the heck out of me, lol.

But then, I loved the zip line over the rain forest in Costa Rica and my husband hated being so high in the air, so we are even.

I won't ever ask him to zip line with me again, and he finds another partner to hit the whitewater with

Old 07-28-2012, 10:31 PM

3,184 posts, read 4,847,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I don't know if we do any one thing enough to be considered a hobby. But cooking, traveling, gym, hiking.. errands. lol

We've ziplined, went through caves, climbed a pyramid.... hang with friends.

We pretty much do everything together for the most part.
This describes us very well. We are pretty much always together and do all sorts of stuff but we don't have any landmark hobbies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships