Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2012, 10:26 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bicoastal10 View Post
I avoid serious relationships because I realize that most people cheat while in relationships (at some point). For those in them, are you constantly worried about being cheated on?

Never.

Not even for a second.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2012, 10:34 AM

14,375 posts, read 18,377,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
The thread asks how worried you are of getting cheated on, how attractive or desirable my partner is plays A MAJOR role in that.

If I'm a man and my GF is hot I'm going to be more worried of her cheating because she will have so many guys coming after her.

On the flip side if I was a woman and I my significant other is attractive or rich he has women throwing themselves at him.

"only as faithful as your options"
An unattractive person, or one who perceives themselves as such, could just as easily be driven to cheat because someone else is attracted to them. Anyone can get hit on. I haven't seen any variation in frequency of cheating based on attractiveness.

Old 07-29-2012, 10:54 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,201,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
An unattractive person, or one who perceives themselves as such, could just as easily be driven to cheat because someone else is attracted to them. Anyone can get hit on. I haven't seen any variation in frequency of cheating based on attractiveness.
I'm talking OPPORTUNITIES, people who are more desirable have more then people who aren't.

Old 07-29-2012, 10:57 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,368,760 times
No. That is not something I worry about. Man wants to cheat on me...go ahead. And keep going...

Old 07-29-2012, 11:02 AM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bicoastal10 View Post
I avoid serious relationships because I realize that most people cheat while in relationships (at some point). For those in them, are you constantly worried about being cheated on?
This is silly. Trust is the cornerstone of a good relationship. Maybe you've been spending too much time online and have gotten spooked by the complaints. While there are no guarantees in life, you can hedge your bets by building trust, good communication, and incorporating regular gestures of affection an caring. If you live your life in fear, you'll never get anywhere.

Old 07-29-2012, 11:09 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
I'm talking OPPORTUNITIES, people who are more desirable have more then people who aren't.
You seem to be operating under the false assumption that just because someone is "more desirable" to others that they would always be open to any and all extracurricular opportunities.

That's just not true.

While the opportunities might be there, many would just not be interested in taking advantage of them because they've grown beyond being ruled by their ego's.

Old 07-29-2012, 11:14 AM

52,271 posts, read 52,700,922 times
I know my SO would never cheat on me.

I would never cheat on her, matter of fact, I've never cheated on any woman I was with. I watched my dad cheat on his wife, for several yrs. I remember being fairly young, maybe 13 or so and he actually used to take me out with him and his GF. Very un-classy on his part.

I picture the devastation my SO would feel and it makes my eyes water thinking about it. I can never hurt her like that.

It's not worth the pain that you cause to yourself, and others in your life.

Old 07-29-2012, 11:19 AM

144 posts, read 201,114 times
If I really am into the person I can be VERY VERY possessive. That's why I want the guy to be the one who is more into me than I with him. Fortunately, the guy I'm seeing fit the criteria. I am falling for him because he really is a nice guy but I doubt I will ever be possessive even if I marry him and I have no fear he will cheat on me.

Old 07-29-2012, 11:19 AM

1,325 posts, read 2,920,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
This is silly. Trust is the cornerstone of a good relationship. Maybe you've been spending too much time online and have gotten spooked by the complaints. While there are no guarantees in life, you can hedge your bets by building trust, good communication, and incorporating regular gestures of affection an caring. If you live your life in fear, you'll never get anywhere.
No, I just know of a lot of people who have cheated or been cheated on. Too many to the point where I feel that I'd be better off single.

Old 07-29-2012, 11:21 AM

52,271 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrox View Post
If I really am into the person I can be VERY VERY possessive. That's why I want the guy to be the one who is more into me than I with him. Fortunately, the guy I'm seeing fit the criteria. I am falling for him because he really is a nice guy but I doubt I will ever be possessive even if I marry him and I have no fear he will cheat on me.
No offense, but are you aware of the level of dysfunction in your thinking process???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships