Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 10:17 PM

15 posts, read 15,888 times

Advertisements

When it comes to getting cheated on in a relationship (and no kids), why many act like it was the end of the world or get to the point they think they'll never find anyone else?

Perhaps if it was something major such as a formed family and they walk away from the husband or wife, then it might be more understandable but if it's just dating and with no kids in the picture then don't see why that's even worth getting depressed about.

Just recently, I was listening to some girl crying because her bf of 8 months cheated. Honestly it seemed somewhat funny to me. Big deal. It's just a stranger in the end. Now if it were family members deceiving you then it's betrayal since it's your blood.

I've been reading more stories about others getting so worked on about their bf or gf cheating that think I almost lost my balance from laughing too hard. Now if it was one of my female friend telling me this, I would pretend to have a serious composure and comfort her but laugh once she's not there.

Old 01-17-2013, 10:38 PM

2,948 posts, read 7,019,075 times
I am not one for the dramatics, but point blank .. if you're cheated on, you feel betrayed. If you commit to be exclusive and then you find out your partner wasn't willing to keep their end of the commitment, it hurts. You trusted them and they chose to take a dump on your trust. That stings a little. Life does go on, though, and that is where the drama ends in my world. There is someone better out there.

Old 01-17-2013, 10:39 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,986,858 times
Hates Psychoanalyzing? Raging-Hetero.

Thinks you might be a sociopath? Raging-Hetero.

Old 01-17-2013, 10:41 PM

3,703 posts, read 3,778,035 times
They care.

39,219 posts, read 27,586,391 times
You feel betrayed, lied to, and you feel you have wasted your valueable time, You feel self conscious, you are mad, roller coaster of emotions. Crying is just a way of coping, but most people get over it and find better mate in the future.

I've never been cheated on (at least not that I've known of) Just recently, the guy I dated for 2 years went on a date with a new woman just to please his mother. HIs words, "I am not even attracted to her, I went because of my mother." I broke up with him last night, I felt bad of course, but guess what, I thank him for showing me his character before it is too late. and His behavior saves me years of misery.

He ended up being the one who cried lol

1,452 posts, read 2,042,935 times
you're a d*ckhead, OP, serious.

Old 01-17-2013, 10:50 PM

52,222 posts, read 52,648,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbo28 View Post
you're a d*ckhead, OP, serious.
Yeah, I agree... has the markings of sociopath as well.......

Old 01-17-2013, 10:52 PM

15 posts, read 15,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging-Hetero View Post
Hates Psychoanalysis? Raging-Hetero.

Thinks you might be a sociopath? Raging-Hetero.
Maybe but I'm getting used to it. Not so long ago, someone told me ''You would good as a CEO''. I guess that must be great afterall.

Ok back to topic: I think they're overreacting.

Old 01-17-2013, 10:53 PM

4,103 posts, read 7,024,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzgirl9 View Post
When it comes to getting cheated on in a relationship (and no kids), why many act like it was the end of the world or get to the point they think they'll never find anyone else?

Perhaps if it was something major such as a formed family and they walk away from the husband or wife, then it might be more understandable but if it's just dating and with no kids in the picture then don't see why that's even worth getting depressed about.

Just recently, I was listening to some girl crying because her bf of 8 months cheated. Honestly it seemed somewhat funny to me. Big deal. It's just a stranger in the end. Now if it were family members deceiving you then it's betrayal since it's your blood.

I've been reading more stories about others getting so worked on about their bf or gf cheating that think I almost lost my balance from laughing too hard. Now if it was one of my female friend telling me this, I would pretend to have a serious composure and comfort her but laugh once she's not there.
Obviously these people genuinely cared for the people that betrayed them.

Old 01-17-2013, 10:55 PM

4,043 posts, read 3,771,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzgirl9 View Post

Unbelievable how you find another human being's pain funny...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships