Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 02:53 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,605,427 times

Advertisements

Im not judging, but I sometimes woner why do people stay in relationships like this, where they are together for years, yet they dont trust each other or even admit to being a couple? Are some so severely affraid to be on their own for a little while?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2012, 04:08 PM

8,309 posts, read 38,782,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Im not judging, but I sometimes woner why do people stay in relationships like this, where they are together for years, yet they dont trust each other or even admit to being a couple? Are some so severely affraid to be on their own for a little while?
My personal theory on the matter is that it's a sexual chemistry thing. Whatever the other failings in the relationship may be and no matter how obvious it is to everyone outside the relationship that these two people are completely dysfunctional and going nowhere, the sex is great. Really great. As in people-write-songs-about-sex-like-this great. That's a hard thing to let go of, particularly for young people without a lot of experience. For most people who go through that sort of relationship it's simply part of growing up and it teaches them to value functional interpersonal relationships, but some people just get hooked on the sexual chemistry and keep chasing great sex (and confusing it with enduring love) in spite of major relationship flaws like dishonesty, infidelity, broken trust and "non-friendship".

Great sex makes people irrational.

Old 08-08-2012, 09:35 PM

578 posts, read 1,092,779 times
[quote=Currency Pair Crocodile;25507818]She is not the wife. If white rosette is a cute and hot babe, she's gonna fall right into the jaws of another worthy bachelor without a passport.

The crocodile helped her see her own potential. She said she is working on getting out.[.

Yes I know she's not the wife but she's invested in this relationship. And I happen to know some really "hot babes " who respect themselves way to much to jump from one set of jaws to the next. ... You make it so predatory.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships