Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2012, 06:33 AM

93 posts, read 146,546 times

Advertisements

Yeah, actually it does sound crazy. I don't know if this is a chemical issue or what. I feel like I can't get enough of her. In the past if we were sitting on the couch together, I'd be happy to be sitting next to her but not holding hands or anything. Now I want her leaning up against me. I want to hold her hand. I just want to feel her next to me.

I want to have sex with her all the time, but it's not just that. I want to have her up close to me as we're lying in bed just so I can feel her skin against mine.

I know she's been enjoying it. But at some point she probably won't care for it too much. Then I texted that I missed her. At that point I wondered if I'm going overboard. I feel now like I need to be careful not to smother her. So I haven't texted or spoken to her all day despite a burning urge to do so. This feels a bit disturbing because I feel ultra vulnerable now.

WTF is wrong with me? Have you guys gone through this? I googled, but all I could find is people asking how to get a spouse to fall in love again - presumably because they can't stand each other.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2012, 06:35 AM

1,250 posts, read 2,157,354 times
That's adorable.

There is nothing wrong with you. How long have you been married, Shiny?

Old 08-07-2012, 06:36 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,602,346 times
oh, youre falling in love with your wife. thats cute. how idid you feel about her before getting married? I wouldnt worry about it, good dude, just do what feels right naturaly. Im sure she enjoys the added attention and affection.

Old 08-07-2012, 06:44 AM

Yeah cute and adorable. No seriously. This is making me feel weird. I'm not posting this as a feelgood story. Like right now, I can't wait to get the damn day at work over so I can see her. We've been married 20+ years and yet I haven't felt this way since we were in the early parts of our relationship. I know this also sounds stupid, but I'm worried about being this vulnerable to her like this. I'm afraid of going overboard and pushing her away.

Old 08-07-2012, 06:55 AM

782 posts, read 1,086,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyNewGuy View Post
Yeah cute and adorable. No seriously. This is making me feel weird. I'm not posting this as a feelgood story. Like right now, I can't wait to get the damn day at work over so I can see her. We've been married 20+ years and yet I haven't felt this way since we were in the early parts of our relationship. I know this also sounds stupid, but I'm worried about being this vulnerable to her like this. I'm afraid of going overboard and pushing her away.
Think about / apply metaphysics. What you think about - you will draw that in.

Old 08-07-2012, 07:07 AM

145 posts, read 325,722 times
What was your relationship like before you started feeling this way? Could something have triggered it? Like her being extremely distant, not affectionate, etc?

Old 08-07-2012, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunters4life View Post
What was your relationship like before you started feeling this way? Could something have triggered it? Like her being extremely distant, not affectionate, etc?
It was fine. No problem. It's fine now. In fact she was usually the one trying to hold my hand, and texting me all the time and stuff. I don't know what triggered it.

I just wonder if it's a hormonal or psychological issue on my part. That's why I'm wondering if anyone else went through this ..

Old 08-07-2012, 07:13 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,602,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyNewGuy View Post
If youve been married for 20+, talk to her about it. Tell her that youre falling in love with her all over again, go renew your vows, and ask her for honesty if your new found affection and need to be close is ever uncomfortable or sufficating. Seems like most women would think of it as a good problem to have.

Old 08-07-2012, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
If youve been married for 20+, talk to her about it. Tell her that youre falling in love with her all over again, go renew your vows, and ask her for honesty if your new found affection and need to be close is ever uncomfortable or sufficating. Seems like most women would think of it as a good problem to have.
I thought about telling her exactly how I feel. But how might she react to that, really? Wouldn't she think it's odd? Might she get a little freaked out?

I guess what I'm asking from a female's perspective .. is there a downside to telling her something like this?

Old 08-07-2012, 07:18 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,345,842 times
I think it is sweet. After 20 years of marriage, I imagine I would welcome that from my husband.....

Tell her you feel like a kid again. Something about her these days is taking you back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships