Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2012, 09:48 AM

48 posts, read 95,122 times

Advertisements

This seems really healthy and is very sweet. I'm sure if you told her these things she'll feel so loved.

I wish my boyfriend had a crush on me...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2012, 02:43 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,756,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyNewGuy View Post
I already spoke with her yesterday. It's all fine. One of the kids is out of the house, the other is 15. The oldest is back for the Summer but they were gone for 2 weeks. We just had a small taste of "empty nest"

That said, I'm in no hurry for that. I like having the kids there as well.
The empty nest sure moves you into a whole new phase of your marriage

Seems to me like you just recently got a small taste of what is to come and that got you all worked up, lol.

Enjoy the endorphin rush

Old 08-08-2012, 02:47 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,044,201 times
What's wrong with being in love with your wife? Tell her. That would make me feel like a princess.

Old 08-08-2012, 08:14 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,736,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cow View Post
I'm pretty sure you can find a reason to rain on anyone's parade. Maybe next, you can find a thread about someone surviving cancer that you can roll your eyes at too?
if you can't 'handle' the different types of responses a thread gets, then stop reading threads.

I couldn't care less about raining on someone's parade or blowing smoke up their as* or anything else regarding such matters.

and maybe I should, who knows?

Last edited by Doll Eyes; 08-08-2012 at 08:32 PM..

Old 08-08-2012, 09:18 PM

3,734 posts, read 4,548,462 times
Quote:
I feel like I can't get enough of her. In the past if we were sitting on the couch together, I'd be happy to be sitting next to her but not holding hands or anything. Now I want her leaning up against me. I want to hold her hand. I just want to feel her next to me.

I want to have sex with her all the time, but it's not just that. I want to have her up close to me as we're lying in bed just so I can feel her skin against mine.

I know she's been enjoying it.
This is very sweet. There's no need to intellectualize it. Just enjoy it.

Old 08-08-2012, 09:39 PM

578 posts, read 1,093,220 times
Quote:
I called. She was busy. She's going to call back in 10-20 minutes or so.
Ahahahaha. She's not digging ur clingyness

Old 08-08-2012, 09:41 PM

578 posts, read 1,093,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cow View Post
I'm pretty sure you can find a reason to rain on anyone's parade. Maybe next, you can find a thread about someone surviving cancer that you can roll your eyes at too?
Oh please. Doll eyes is spot on. This is ridiculous I love my guy, no doubt and love is grand but this is over the top. I'd divorce the guy just to get some peace

Last edited by deliz; 08-08-2012 at 09:44 PM.. Reason: Spelling

Old 08-08-2012, 09:45 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,736,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deliz View Post
Oh please. Doll eyes is spot on. This is ridiculous I love my guy. No doubt live is grand but this is over the top

I don't even see how this was even remotely taken seriously. but never mind, just agree with everyone else about how 'sweet' it is. 1 hour until the '2 minutes hate.'

Old 08-08-2012, 10:21 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,267,796 times
Quote:
It was fine. No problem. It's fine now. In fact she was usually the one trying to hold my hand, and texting me all the time and stuff. I don't know what triggered it.

I just wonder if it's a hormonal or psychological issue on my part. That's why I'm wondering if anyone else went through this ..
How old are you? I wonder if your testosterone level is lower than it used to be. Now don't take that as fact or as an insult at all. I have no scientific proof of anything, but I had an experience of my own that made me have some ideas about testosterone.

My story: My husband quite a few years ago had a testicular torson that he ended up having to have repaired surgically. Now when the testicle is twisted, it loses its blood supply and can results in lower serum testosterone. But I didn't know about/think about that all the time. All I knew was that I really enjoyed spending time with my husband. We would sit on the porch and talk and talk and talk. He just seemed calmer and more friendly, less hurried, willing to talk and actually listen. It was very pleasant. Usually he is hot and I am cold and one day when this was going on we got in the car and he was turning up the heat. Yes!

After the torsion was repaired, he within a few weeks was back to his old self. I guess what you'd call more macho. Less in touch with his feelings, less caring about my feelings, not really into sitting and talking about everything for hours, more on the go. Honestly, I miss that guy! And I have wondered if as he ages his testosterone level will lessen and that guy will come back. I hope so!

I know some guys are just naturally more in touch with their feelings and able to talk and communicate with a woman, but my husband isn't one of them. He's a typical guy. I kind of like the more sensitive version of him, though.

That's just my own theory. I wonder if you are more emotional as you age, possibly because of lower testosterone or maybe some other reason. I know men might take offense at suggesting their testosterone is low, but if that is really what was behind my husband's change in behavor, I really liked it! I obviously wouldn't like it if he went around acting like a WOMAN, but he didn't do that. He just was more communicative and sensitive.

Anyway, I would be careful not to overdo it TOO much because you don't want to smother her, but in general if a woman likes/loves you she is going to appreciate the things you are doing, not be annoyed by them.

Old 08-09-2012, 01:15 AM

19,222 posts, read 16,710,036 times
Quote:
Maybe you just answered my question. One thing that has been different is that the kids were gone for 2 weeks and it was just her and I.

This is going to come in handy when the kids have moved out permanently. It's a shame you can't bottle it. You'd have thousands (maybe millions) of couples lined up to buy a bottle. Whatever the reason, it's pretty clear you are in love with your wife. I can't see one thing wrong with that, especially after 20+ years of marriage. Don't question it and don't seek help on the internet. Just keep up the good work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships