Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2012, 06:53 PM

2,702 posts, read 6,030,437 times

Advertisements

Hey y'all, wow I haven't been on here in forever. I was wondering what everyone's thoughts were on couples who overshare. Specifically about their sex lives & all their gory business that I don't care to hear about. W my girlfriends who are in relationships, I will listen but I won't share a whole lot. Mainly b/c I don't want people to know my personal business & I don't care to hear certain opinions.

A friend of mine has always bragged about how amazing & adventurous her sex life is but then found out her boyfriend was cheating on her. I thought it was sad & tacky.

Thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2012, 08:50 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanteuse d' Opéra View Post
Hey y'all, wow I haven't been on here in forever. I was wondering what everyone's thoughts were on couples who overshare. Specifically about their sex lives & all their gory business that I don't care to hear about. W my girlfriends who are in relationships, I will listen but I won't share a whole lot. Mainly b/c I don't want people to know my personal business & I don't care to hear certain opinions.

A friend of mine has always bragged about how amazing & adventurous her sex life is but then found out her boyfriend was cheating on her. I thought it was sad & tacky.

Thoughts?

Our culture seems to be creating a lot of narcissists and self-involved folks these days.

The words "decorum", "discretion" and "good taste" are not being taught like they used to be. Many parents in general aren't doing their jobs in my opinion.

Combine that with outrageous media influences and diarrhea of the mouth grows like an epidemic.

Old 10-06-2012, 05:13 AM

11,395 posts, read 24,456,213 times
I had a friend who overshared. We're not friends anymore. I got tired of being slightly grossed out.

Old 10-06-2012, 07:33 AM

8,003 posts, read 11,725,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Our culture seems to be creating a lot of narcissists and self-involved folks these days.

The words "decorum", "discretion" and "good taste" are not being taught like they used to be. Many parents in general aren't doing their jobs in my opinion.

Combine that with outrageous media influences and diarrhea of the mouth grows like an epidemic.

Yes, this is such a good post and so true.

Just because someone doesn't tell all, it doesn't mean that they're necessarily hiding something. It makes me wonder if many of these parents have simply just "given up".

Old 10-06-2012, 11:03 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,548,469 times
Quote:

Thoughts?
I'm with you on that. It's very personal.

Old 10-07-2012, 01:58 AM

3,040 posts, read 2,579,429 times
I often find that the people that over share and brag about their relationships are the most insecure.

Old 10-07-2012, 02:01 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,734,327 times
women do this all the time in places and they except everyone else to participate. like at the hair salon. I don't go there to hear about hookups and their choices in vibrators. i hate when people carry on like that and just assume everyone wants to hear/talk about it. gross.

Old 10-07-2012, 02:16 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,048,957 times
Quote:

Thoughts?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
Yes, this is such a good post and so true.

Just because someone doesn't tell all, it doesn't mean that they're necessarily hiding something. It makes me wonder if many of these parents have simply just "given up".
This what happens when you have a segment of the American population glued on reading 50 shades of Grey

Old 10-07-2012, 02:40 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,048,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
women do this all the time in places and they except everyone else to participate. like at the hair salon. I don't go there to hear about hookups and their choices in vibrators. i hate when people carry on like that and just assume everyone wants to hear/talk about it. gross.
I dont want to take this off topic, but what is great walking around the streets of NYC is that you always hearbthe ambiance of female sex talk. Some years ago a lady was chatting with her friend that you are not cheating, you are only cheating when your boyfriend catches you. This lady was a professional working woman probably highly educated. She told her friend she slept with three other guys when she was with her bf and she did not considered it cheating. Another timevI over heard an argument with two Puerto Rican couple, thevlady told her boyfriend bout loud you're no longer gonna f@#& me up the a** any more. Today on thevsubway I over heard two ladies talking about oral and when i got out of the subway I over heard a woman arguing over the iphone with her man, she than says shebis no longer going to s@#& you off. Women talk about sex in thrvopen as much as men, who knew!

Old 10-07-2012, 11:08 AM

2,702 posts, read 6,030,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
I dont want to take this off topic, but what is great walking around the streets of NYC is that you always hearbthe ambiance of female sex talk. Some years ago a lady was chatting with her friend that you are not cheating, you are only cheating when your boyfriend catches you. This lady was a professional working woman probably highly educated. She told her friend she slept with three other guys when she was with her bf and she did not considered it cheating. Another timevI over heard an argument with two Puerto Rican couple, thevlady told her boyfriend bout loud you're no longer gonna f@#& me up the a** any more. Today on thevsubway I over heard two ladies talking about oral and when i got out of the subway I over heard a woman arguing over the iphone with her man, she than says shebis no longer going to s@#& you off. Women talk about sex in thrvopen as much as men, who knew!
Ha, I can ONLY imagine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships