Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2015, 11:21 AM

106 posts, read 87,888 times

Advertisements

I sucked with women growing up. I am so happy to be married and out of the game. I realize dating sucks for men. Not every guy is suave, confident, and attractive to women. That's just life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2015, 11:56 AM

2,183 posts, read 2,204,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman110 View Post
I sucked with women growing up. I am so happy to be married and out of the game. I realize dating sucks for men. Not every guy is suave, confident, and attractive to women. That's just life.
It's a hard truth, but fact nonetheless. Though others will tell you otherwise.

Last edited by jma501; 06-16-2015 at 12:33 PM..

Old 06-16-2015, 12:31 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,761,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jma501 View Post
It's a hard truth, but fact nonetheless.
The truth is if your hot to them then it makes less difference what technique you use when you approach. Its like the video i postted.

Old 06-16-2015, 12:39 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,204,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
The truth is if your hot to them then it makes less difference what technique you use when you approach. Its like the video i postted.
True. They will find you charming and clever no matter what. My former friend was proof of this.

Old 06-16-2015, 01:21 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,283,522 times
Quote:
Dating can be a challenge for guys of course. You need to know how to take the initiative, make sure you fulfill a woman's expectations of what a gentleman is, have a decent job, have your own mode of transportation, not live with your parents, and the list goes on. It would be easier to pick and chose who would take you out but as a guy you will be the one that's picked or not to take a girl out. It's just one of those things in life you just have to go with it. It's like complaining because we have to work and it would be nicer to just lay on the beach everyday with a book and a nice cold drink on the side. But no, someone has to work to pay the bills. You can also make that challenge and process fun and feel good when you fulfill those goals.

Old 06-16-2015, 01:35 PM

4,523 posts, read 3,409,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
You're right I was out of line with that comment. I'm just saying what a lot of people want to tell the loser guys. Personally I think people would really like to say to guys like the OP. I actually have more to say on this thread but I'm stuck on my mobile right now.
Sorry, but someone who thinks that is horrible, plain and simple.

Old 06-16-2015, 02:02 PM

106 posts, read 87,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Dating can be a challenge for guys of course. You need to know how to take the initiative, make sure you fulfill a woman's expectations of what a gentleman is, have a decent job, have your own mode of transportation, not live with your parents, and the list goes on. It would be easier to pick and chose who would take you out but as a guy you will be the one that's picked or not to take a girl out. It's just one of those things in life you just have to go with it. It's like complaining because we have to work and it would be nicer to just lay on the beach everyday with a book and a nice cold drink on the side. But no, someone has to work to pay the bills. You can also make that challenge and process fun and feel good when you fulfill those goals.
I met my wife when I was living at home. I just took a risk and it paid off.

Old 06-16-2015, 02:11 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,283,522 times
Quote:
I met my wife when I was living at home. I just took a risk and it paid off.
Awesome! As guys we can't really walk away from risks specially when it comes to relationships. Good for you.

Old 03-07-2016, 06:13 PM

1 posts, read 890 times
As a 16 year old male, i deal with this problem alot in school. As a matter of fact, i've dealt with this my whole life. Im one of the most nicest and gentle people you could meet, but as the saying goes.....nice guys finish last. Its amazing that you have to wear certain shoes and clothes and own certain things to get the lady in the end. You pretty much have to change your whole character to get a single shot at getting a girlfriend. It seems that after so many years of rejection, you finally just give up hope on your love life. People say all this stuff about how love is great....but honestly i dont know what love is anymore. i just grew up in the wrong generation and i just have to face facts. Its this girl i have been having the urge to talk to for weeks now but im so damn scared to approach her. I cant even look a girl in the eye, no matter if i know them or not. im so confident but then again so afraid....what should i do?

Old 03-07-2016, 06:21 PM

102,227 posts, read 108,023,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJmac123 View Post
As a 16 year old male, i deal with this problem alot in school. As a matter of fact, i've dealt with this my whole life. Im one of the most nicest and gentle people you could meet, but as the saying goes.....nice guys finish last. Its amazing that you have to wear certain shoes and clothes and own certain things to get the lady in the end. You pretty much have to change your whole character to get a single shot at getting a girlfriend. It seems that after so many years of rejection, you finally just give up hope on your love life. People say all this stuff about how love is great....but honestly i dont know what love is anymore. i just grew up in the wrong generation and i just have to face facts. Its this girl i have been having the urge to talk to for weeks now but im so damn scared to approach her. I cant even look a girl in the eye, no matter if i know them or not. im so confident but then again so afraid....what should i do?
Have you tried talking to the shy girls, the average girls, the geeky ones? Do you belong to any clubs, where you can talk to girls casually? That would be the way to go. At the very least, you can use that type of environment to practice talking to girls, so you get more comfortable with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships